The Queen of the South thread

Without putting undue pressure on a lad who is only 18, I think he has the potential to be as good, if not better, than Reilly. From the little I have seen of him he seems to have a very similar style to Reilly, with an additional mean-streak that I think you need to have to succeed as a striker.

I'd much prefer to see him given game time than some journeyman, or a young loan player of similar experience whose development is only going to benefit another club.

Agree with your last sentence but not the rest of what you say.

Reilly was very much two footed which Smith certainly isn't and not sure if I've seen Aiden score with his head in any of the reserve/20 games.

Reilly fell lucky in that although he'd already had game time albeit limited in a poor McPherson team in the Championship he then was part of a smaller very good squad that strolled the first Division. His and everyones confidence must have been sky high and his performances and progression came on leaps and bounds.

I don't think Smith is going to be afforded this and for him I fear his game time will be limited due to so called seasoned pros being brought in due the pressure of doing well in what should be a competitive league. I just hope Fowler does give Smith the game time to improve and prove his worth.

?

Are you bored or are you trying to tell us we're looking at Alex Harris? Always thought he would do well for Hibs but it doesn't seem to have happened for him.

You are supposedly signing him on loan.

Your move Swarley. I'll be very disappointed if I have to return my new Queens shirt with Rooney on the back.

I made that rumour up too. QoS 2-2 Falkirk

Edit to add: we were getting Rooney Jnr so maybe keep that shirt for a few years

Edited by Swarley

If we did sign Harris & Hutton I think we would be starting to look stronger. It would give us something like this:

Thomson

Kidd Dowie Higgins Brownlie/Rutherford

Harris Millar Hutton/Jacobs Conroy/Russell

Lyle New Striker

Subs from: Atkinson, Brownlie/Rutherford, Hutton/Jacobs, Tapping, Conroy/Russell, Hilson

Just came across the rumour last night, no idea how true it will be. Would be surprised given he was just going on about how ready he is to give it another go at Hibs in the papers yesterday after his loan out to Dundee. Time will tell.

Alex Harris had 2 good games for us (one of them against the worst Motherwell team in recent memory at their lowest ebb) and spent the rest of the time being powderpuff, failing to beat his man and failing to get the ball into the box.

I genuinely don' think playing a league down will help him at all tbh.....

Does anyone know what the large haulage containers in the car park outside the arena are being used for?

There were loads of them at first, presumably brought in as barriers for defining areas at the Status Quo concert.

Now though, there are only four or five left, they're evenly spaced and they've been painted in the council's corporate colours, rather than Queens'.

Just curious.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Lewis Guy no longer on trial been signed up elsewhere.

On trial at Guiseley AFC according to today`s Herald.

Mind you the same article suggests that Queens only have 3 players who were with them at th start of last season- Kidd Dowie and Russell. Now I know we have had a huge turnover but Chris Higgins and Lyle were established players this time last year. To make it worse the article actually quotes Higgins.

Does anyone know what the large haulage containers in the car park outside the arena are being used for?

There were loads of them at first, presumably brought in as barriers for defining areas at the Status Quo concert.

Now though, there are only four or five left, they're evenly spaced and they've been painted in the council's corporate colours, rather than Queens'.

Just curious.

They are storing the plastic pieces which clipped together to cover the pitch. They belong to the Council and were borrowed for the Quo gig. They haven't gone back to whatever storage they came from yet because they need them for the Youth Beatz gig on August 8th so they will probably sit there until they are moved to Dock Park for that.

On trial at Guiseley AFC according to today`s Herald.

Mind you the same article suggests that Queens only have 3 players who were with them at th start of last season- Kidd Dowie and Russell. Now I know we have had a huge turnover but Chris Higgins and Lyle were established players this time last year. To make it worse the article actually quotes Higgins.

Higgins is our longest serving (senior) player having joined in 2011!

As I pointed out on the squad thread last week though, ignoring the manager who in practical terms is no longer a player except in case of emergency, we do only have 8 players left who started last season in the first team squad (Atkinson, Dowie, Higgins, Hooper, Kidd, Russell, Lyle and Smith).

Edited by Skyline Drifter