The Queen of the South thread

Pickard did ok on Saturday but I dont think he's ready to be the fourth midfielder in the squad. Like Smith, I'd like to see him get game time but we need additional cover as well.

From what Ive seen of the two, Smith is the one I see as making the most contribution this season.

There's no denying we need cover in midfield, especially if it looks like Tapping is going to be injured more often than not.

Jake didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday and the more game time he gets the better,more confident he'll get. Not ready to be fourth choice central midfielder? We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

As I said before Millar starts when he's fit, the other 3 are competing for one place, if for any reason Millar was unavailable I would rather see Jake in there or Conroy drop back

Edited by spacekid84

He would if it was up to me.

Me too. But, as I said, he's already missed one game through suspension. He'll, almost certainly, miss more at some point in the season.

There's no denying we need cover in midfield, especially if it looks like Tapping is going to be injured more often than not.

Jake didn't put a foot wrong on Saturday and the more game time he gets the better,more confident he'll get. Not ready to be fourth choice central midfielder? We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

As I said before Millar starts when he's fit, the other 3 are competing for one place, if for any reason Millar was unavailable I would rather see Jake in there or Conroy drop back

Fowler hasnt shown any sign of playing Conroy deeper in the centre of midfield and rightly so, I would say.

I think you're going a bit over-board with Pickards performance. He did ok. Didnt make any major mistakes but then didnt really influence the game either. Yes, he'll get better with more game time but that doesnt mean he's ready to play as regularly as he would do if Jacobs, Millar and Tapping are our only other midfielders.

Not much mention of Jordan Marshall on this thread.

He's only eighteen, but has come into the side and done really well.

There will be stiffer tests for him to face as the season progresses

but he's made a very promising start to his Queens career.

Me too. But, as I said, he's already missed one game through suspension. He'll, almost certainly, miss more at some point in the season.

Fowler hasnt shown any sign of playing Conroy deeper in the centre of midfield and rightly so, I would say.

I think you're going a bit over-board with Pickards performance. He did ok. Didnt make any major mistakes but then didnt really influence the game either. Yes, he'll get better with more game time but that doesnt mean he's ready to play as regularly as he would do if Jacobs, Millar and Tapping are our only other midfielders.

In what way am I goin over-board?

He's done well considering his young age. Makes good runs forward and I think will suit the wingback role in a 3-5-2 rather than a standard left back in a back 4 where I think he looked exposed.

Wasn't convinced in the Stranraer game, but I think he's done well since.

I think there's perhaps a tendency to forget how young he is because he came from elsewhere, rather through our own youth set-up, like the other youngsters.

Has anyone seen the potential takeover offer by a lottery winner!! Think it could be a load of crap but was mentioned on my Facebook feed.

Has anyone else seen it? think it was reported by the DG24, it has references from Duncan Patterson.

Has anyone seen the potential takeover offer by a lottery winner!! Think it could be a load of crap but was mentioned on my Facebook feed.

Has anyone else seen it? think it was reported by the DG24, it has references from Duncan Patterson.

I saw it on twitter. I dont know if the email was ever sent but theres no trace of the company its supposed to come from and the email is full of holes.

"Didnt put a foot wrong" implies some sort of flawless performance.

Didn't do much wrong. From what I heard the gaffer was more than pleased with jakes debut, kept the ball well without being spectacular which I don't really think anyone expected. But I see him as a good option in the middle of the park, against Killie in his short spell on park he showed some great touches. Done well down at Annan also.

Didn't do much wrong. From what I heard the gaffer was more than pleased with jakes debut, kept the ball well without being spectacular which I don't really think anyone expected. But I see him as a good option in the middle of the park, against Killie in his short spell on park he showed some great touches. Done well down at Annan also.

backing yer mate up are ye.....