The Queen of the South thread

Pleased with this . I watched him when he first burst on the scene with Hibs and he is an exciting talent that just needs a bit of TLC .

Yes, I remember him as one of those exciting, tricky players from around he time when Hibs came from three down to beat Falkirk in the Cup semi.

He's obviously lost his way somewhat, but there should still be a player in there if he can get confidence from a run of games.

Don't talk nonsense. I can guarantee you the management and players were desperate to win on Tuesday. We didn't show it any disrespect and other than resting a mid-30's striker for a midweek game and making a tactical switch to 3-5-2 (which didn't work and was changed by the half hour mark) the manager played what he believed was his best available side.

We didn't play well. We were beaten (by a handball goal). It happens. It's annoying. It's not as annoying as somebody claiming we weren't trying though.

Agreed. People are acting like we fielded a youth team!

And I for one am not overly bothered about missing Rangers at ibrox in the challenge cup.

Yes, I remember him as one of those exciting, tricky players from around he time when Hibs came from three down to beat Falkirk in the Cup semi. He's obviously lost his way somewhat, but there should still be a player in there if he can get confidence from a run of games.

I think this could be good for both parties ala Neilson and MacDonald from the past.

ITK.

Top drawer reporting Zing.

Also people losing their minds at a defeat in the petrofac cup need to get a grip. I also have no problems with fowler trying the heff and hutton pickard etc in this game to see how they performed.

Top drawer reporting Zing.

Also people losing their minds at a defeat in the petrofac cup need to get a grip. I also have no problems with fowler trying the heff and hutton pickard etc in this game to see how they performed.

Don't want to be too hard on these guys mentioned as I know how difficult it is to make an impact if short of real game time . In summing up , none of them really stood out at this moment in time . As mentioned , it was better finding out than not .

Gona go out on a limb and say Heffernan will never stand out (in a positive way). I'm a fan of Fowler but I think he's made a mistake with this signing. Heffernan won't take Lyle's place and they wouldn't work as a partnership as they are similar kind of players. I'd far rather we kept the wage and gave Smith more game time.

Gona go out on a limb and say Heffernan will never stand out (in a positive way). I'm a fan of Fowler but I think he's made a mistake with this signing. Heffernan won't take Lyle's place and they wouldn't work as a partnership as they are similar kind of players. I'd far rather we kept the wage and gave Smith more game time.

I don't think Heff is a risk cos its only a short term contract . Like Hutton , if it doesn't suit , then the parting will be easy enough . Lyle is the kind of guy that can bring on young Smiths game big time . His knowledge and experience would be great asset to pass on to him. Young Aidan wasn't having much luck the other night but I couldn't help but be enthused about his appetite and willingness to make things work . He will prove to be a good player for us given the chance Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Jesus, it was bad enough when people thought the summit of our realistic expectations as a club was to get eliminated at the quarter finals stage of the Scottish Cup or the League Cup by one of the Old Firm, preferably in the bigot's den just to make a few more bob. Now some think self-flagellation is in order because we lost the opportunity to get eliminated at the quarter final stage of the Petrofac Cup by Sevco, who we play four times in the league anyway. I thought all this genuflection to our perceived masters and gratitude for a few bob from the bigots' table had been erased from our psyche? Obviously not. Mickey Mouse right enough, but in this case it's not the club, it's the fans.

Disagree with this viewpoint - while we are able to run a full time operation it is down to great management by the Board and being fortunate that we have a number of young players "who are living the dream" and are prepared to play for next to nothing in the hope that they may make it on a bigger stage. We have just seen two excellent professionals in Burns and McKenna leaving the club because they could not continue to justify the modest earnings that football at this level rewards them. That was a very telling development.

You bet we need big paydays at Ibrox and anywhere else for that matter. Our crowds are poor as are many other teams at his level and someone else said that Livvy would trade Tuesdays win for 3 points in the League - dont believe for a minute that they would do that. They have their reward for staying in this competition whereas they can always try and get the points back at a later point.

Disagree with this viewpoint - while we are able to run a full time operation it is down to great management by the Board and being fortunate that we have a number of young players "who are living the dream" and are prepared to play for next to nothing in the hope that they may make it on a bigger stage. We have just seen two excellent professionals in Burns and McKenna leaving the club because they could not continue to justify the modest earnings that football at this level rewards them. That was a very telling development.

You bet we need big paydays at Ibrox and anywhere else for that matter. Our crowds are poor as are many other teams at his level and someone else said that Livvy would trade Tuesdays win for 3 points in the League - dont believe for a minute that they would do that. They have their reward for staying in this competition whereas they can always try and get the points back at a later point.

Telling, in what way? We're hardly alone in struggling to compete with wages from outside of football and a trip to an empty Ibrox is hardly going to make any difference

^^^ Can't wait to watch his big team on 30th August.

Our crowds are relatively poor but we are not nearly the worst. I actually felt sorry for Livi only having around 700 fans for the Saturday game . I don't know any of them personally but get a feel of their passion for Livingston from this site. -----------Nothing in life is ever that simple . Ideally we would have tried out players AND went through but it didn't happen and so we move on. Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Telling, in what way? We're hardly alone in struggling to compete with wages from outside of football and a trip to an empty Ibrox is hardly going to make any difference

Point i was making was that we have seen two very committed enthusiastic players both with mileage left (especially McKenna) deciding that the economics of continuing to play full time football at this level do not stack up.

An empty Ibrox is not what would happen. They are all jumping back on the bandwagon and 20-25,000 would be the minimum I would expect to turnout for this game. We can never be in a position to turn our nose up at that kind of money for the challenge cup.

I for one am not gutted to see the back of the competition though as I reckon we still have a great chance of top 4 after seeing St Mirren last night and extra games won't help that cause.

An empty Ibrox is not what would happen. They are all jumping back on the bandwagon and 20-25,000 would be the minimum I would expect to turnout for this game. We can never be in a position to turn our nose up at that kind of money for the challenge cup.

I for one am not gutted to see the back of the competition though as I reckon we still have a great chance of top 4 after seeing St Mirren last night and extra games won't help that cause.

There won't be anything close to 25,000 at that game. I'll go for 14,000 max.

Point i was making was that we have seen two very committed enthusiastic players both with mileage left (especially McKenna) deciding that the economics of continuing to play full time football at this level do not stack up.

I know. I wasnt arguing with you and I'm as disappointed as anyone those two players in particular chose to leave.

My point, though, that this isn't an issue just for Queens, nor is it one that would be solved with a one off cup game at ibrox.

We can agree to disagree over the crowd. The idea that we turned our noses up at anything is a little harsh though