Scottish cup draw

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good luck to Darvel tomorrow night in the Scottish cup against Falkirk.  Think this game will be a lot harder than the Aberdeen game as I'm sure Falkirk will have done their homework.  I'll be rooted to the TV but I genuinely think this will be a cracker of a game, as long as Falkirk don't score first.

Brilliant for WOSFL and lower level football and think the interests in lower level football is going to become more active especially each years participation in the Scottish Cup

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, PossilYM said:

15 Wosfl teams we know so far in next seasons Scottish Cup.

Was hoping for more from the Wosfl.

25 from the Eosfl.

And 6 from the Sosfl.

Abbey Vale, Creetown, Dalbeattie Star, Newton Stewart, St. Cuthbert Wanderers and Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Total of 46.

3 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

And 6 from the Sosfl.

Abbey Vale, Creetown, Dalbeattie Star, Newton Stewart, St. Cuthbert Wanderers and Wigtown & Bladnoch.

Total of 46.

Hopefully going forward there's 46 from the Wosfl alone.

Just now, bobbydazzler said:

best thing for them is to draw each other early doors, otherwise like you say they will mostly struggle against teams from other leagues

There's a decent mix of lower division EoSFL & WoSFL clubs that I doubt will fill them with fear. NCL as well, the only concern there would be getting drawn away from home.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

There's a decent mix of lower division EoSFL & WoSFL clubs that I doubt will fill them with fear. NCL as well, the only concern there would be getting drawn away from home.

Totally get that, a Burntisland or what not, and agree away to Golspie Sutherland would be a nightmare, although I doubt many would fancy the travel up there (on a purely logistical sense)

Edited by bobbydazzler

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Aka cannon fodder

Maybees aye maybees naw. They are all there on merit. And hope they enjoy their day in the sun.

11 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Maybees aye maybees naw. They are all there on merit. And hope they enjoy their day in the sun.

Not sure merit is the proper term.

Unless by merit you mean having the infrastructure and doing paperwork.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Not on on-field merit. W&B lost 12-0 and St Cuthberts lost 9-0 in the prelim round last year. Hence, cannon fodder.