Scottish cup draw

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

Of course they are.

Both of them.

Not sure what you're getting at. I'm not a Rangers fan if that's what you're thinking. 

Why does Talbot having a licence mean that all WoSFL teams should have one?

2 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Not sure merit is the proper term.

Unless by merit you mean having the infrastructure and doing paperwork.

Couldn't think of a better word at the time. 

They do have as much right as all the other non league sides who are there.

If they get skelped then that's the game. As you say they tick all the necessary boxes, their quality on the park isn't one of them.

4 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

best thing for them is to draw each other early doors, otherwise like you say they will mostly struggle against teams from other leagues

Sorry but why would you go through all the hoops just to play teams you meet every other week. Surely that's a major draw of the Scottish Cup, playing teams you wouldn't normally meet

And in the season just passed both Newton Stewart and Lochar defeated east and west premier sides. Also Abbey Vale were 2 minutes from defeating Luncarty in the Winners Shield thingy.

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Not on on-field merit. W&B lost 12-0 and St Cuthberts lost 9-0 in the prelim round last year. Hence, cannon fodder.

Sorry jb quality of the players is completely irrelevant to qualifying for the Scottish Cup is it not.

6 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry jb quality of the players is completely irrelevant to qualifying for the Scottish Cup is it not.

Not entirely. If the sum total of being in it is to get horsed in the preliminary round every year then what is the point?

Edited by jimbaxters

19 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not sure what you're getting at. I'm not a Rangers fan if that's what you're thinking. 

Why does Talbot having a licence mean that all WoSFL teams should have one?

Doesn't know what I'm getting at but mentions Rangers right away.

Like a caricature of Ayrshire.

Btw, it's The Rangers.

😀

8 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not entirely. If the sum total of being in it is to get horses in the preliminary round every year then what is the point?

Totally disagree with you on this jb. Maybe your mindset comes from supporting a team who win more often than not. So all the years Talbot skooshed the league and SJC, should the other teams have pulled out and just handed them the trophies. 

Sport is about playing and supporting a sport and team you love. Winning is a bonus not a requirement.

Got to say mate thought you were above this superiority about the South.

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Not on on-field merit. W&B lost 12-0 and St Cuthberts lost 9-0 in the prelim round last year. Hence, cannon fodder.

55 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Not entirely. If the sum total of being in it is to get horses in the preliminary round every year then what is the point?

Because they don't get horsed every year.

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Sorry but why would you go through all the hoops just to play teams you meet every other week. Surely that's a major draw of the Scottish Cup, playing teams you wouldn't normally meet

And in the season just passed both Newton Stewart and Lochar defeated east and west premier sides. Also Abbey Vale were 2 minutes from defeating Luncarty in the Winners Shield thingy.

why would you not? more chance of winning to progress to later rounds and then a chance of a bigger draw. Also further you go more money you get.

4 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Due to my username obviously.

Remember when you questioned my username.

You can't stop people making presumptoons about you my friend.

Feel I should end with touche, but that would be childish. 😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Remember when you questioned my username.

You can't stop people making presumptoons about you my friend.

Feel I should end with touche, but that would be childish. 😀😀😀

Nah go for it.

Scottish fitba is tin pottery at it's finest.

3 hours ago, bobbydazzler said:

why would you not? more chance of winning to progress to later rounds and then a chance of a bigger draw. Also further you go more money you get.

There is that I suppose. But as an attendee down here want to see Creetown play someone from EOS or WOS. They play Abbey Vale or whomever all the time. 

I know I'm being selfish. Can't help it.

6 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

There is that I suppose. But as an attendee down here want to see Creetown play someone from EOS or WOS. They play Abbey Vale or whomever all the time. 

I know I'm being selfish. Can't help 

To see them get hammered?

Edited by andy25

3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Because they don't get horsed every year.

You'll never get rid of the West Superiority Complex it's far too engrained into the psyche. 

But does it really matter if South teams get beat easily. That's football, each team can only play the players available to them.

There is only ever a finite amount of winners, some seem to think that if you're not a winner you shouldn't be involved. Sad view to take from my perspective.

24 minutes ago, andy25 said:

To see them get hammered?

Yes if that's what happens.

We arent all Talbot fans expecting to win no matter the opposition.

That's the benefit for me of not following a single team; I can go to a game to just enjoy being at a game.

In Feb I think I was at St.Marys to watch Saints v The French Braves. The standard was poor yes but do you know what I enjoyed it just as much as if I was watching Milan v Juve in the 90's with all that talent on show.

After playing and then coaching until my 50's it's fantastic to go watch a game where I have no involvement. I just love football simple as that.

Edit: even when I have a feeling for one of the teams it is still enjoyable no matter the outcome.

Edited by HorseyGhirl