Scottish cup draw

6 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Totally disagree with you on this jb. Maybe your mindset comes from supporting a team who win more often than not. So all the years Talbot skooshed the league and SJC, should the other teams have pulled out and just handed them the trophies. 

Sport is about playing and supporting a sport and team you love. Winning is a bonus not a requirement.

Got to say mate thought you were above this superiority about the South.

Nothing against the South league per se. Just saying that they're cannon fodder. The ex juniors have almost all given a good account of themselves in the cup and, for me, that's meriting their place rather than just making up the numbers. 

Agree with your points on sport and supporting your team, whatever they play like. An admirable stance...but it must be murder!

1 hour ago, HorseyGhirl said:

You'll never get rid of the West Superiority Complex it's far too engrained into the psyche. 

But does it really matter if South teams get beat easily. That's football, each team can only play the players available to them.

There is only ever a finite amount of winners, some seem to think that if you're not a winner you shouldn't be involved. Sad view to take from my perspective.

It's only a complex if it's not really true.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

It's only a complex if it's not really 

Have heard it from West fans who live in the Stewartry atttending midweek games down here. It is usually a throw away line about amateur league level, and being slightly dismissive of the South clubs.

7 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Have heard it from West fans who live in the Stewartry atttending midweek games down here. It is usually a throw away line about amateur league level, and being slightly dismissive of the South clubs.

Any word on Glasgow Wellington being admitted to the Sosfl.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

Nothing against the South league per se. Just saying that they're cannon fodder. The ex juniors have almost all given a good account of themselves in the cup and, for me, that's meriting their place rather than just making up the numbers. 

Agree with your points on sport and supporting your team, whatever they play like. An admirable stance...but it must be murder!

If it was a merit based entrance then yep fair comment. But it's about having an SFA licence or winning a qualifying tournament. So the South teams have 100% right to participate and they do have a longer history in the Big Scottish than any of the  ex-juniors in West or East through the South qualifying cup.

As I've said have no allegiance to any clubs down here just attend as many games as I am allowed, so the result doesn't affect me at all.

Just love watching me a game of football.

How the he'll did I become the Defender of the South (West). Hi vt.

Just now, PossilYM said:

Any word on Glasgow Wellington being admitted to the Sosfl.

They have 'delayed their inception', whatever the hell that means, until 2024/25. 

Word down here is the facilities, wherever they play, were nowhere near suitable. No mention anywhere of any 'delayed inception' just stories/rumours that it was not a good or encouraging inspection/meeting.

Please God let that be the end of it. Could ask the question on South forum as some of Newton Stewart contributors are in the know. But scared of the possible response.

But now you've brought it up pretty sure it's not he last we will be hearing from the Dukes. Sigh.

23 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

They have 'delayed their inception', whatever the hell that means, until 2024/25. 

Word down here is the facilities, wherever they play, were nowhere near suitable. No mention anywhere of any 'delayed inception' just stories/rumours that it was not a good or encouraging inspection/meeting.

Please God let that be the end of it. Could ask the question on South forum as some of Newton Stewart contributors are in the know. But scared of the possible response.

But now you've brought it up pretty sure it's not he last we will be hearing from the Dukes. Sigh.

Walked passed Greenfield Park about 8 hours ago.

It's a cage with floodlights.

Edited by PossilYM

7 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

If it was a merit based entrance then yep fair comment. But it's about having an SFA licence or winning a qualifying tournament. So the South teams have 100% right to participate and they do have a longer history in the Big Scottish than any of the  ex-juniors in West or East through the South qualifying cup.

As I've said have no allegiance to any clubs down here just attend as many games as I am allowed, so the result doesn't affect me at all.

Just love watching me a game of football.

How the he'll did I become the Defender of the South (West). Hi vt.

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

Walked passed Greenfield Park about 8 hours ago.

It's a cage with floodlights.

Your favourite type of ground, too. 🤣🤣

Changing rooms are like 3 streets away. That's a non starter for the South.

Right time for my next salvo. I'm not going to say there is a train of thought that the South teams are not good enough to play in the Big Scottish, more what is the point of entering just to get well beaten.

There is a lot of talk around non-league of clubs and community. Well what can be more community that bringing the biggest competition in the country to your little backwater.

The 6 Galloway clubs in next season's Scottish;

Abbey Vale: pop 100. Creetown: pop 750. Wigtown&Blad: pop 900. St.Cuthbert: pop 3300.    Newton Stewart: pop 3500. Dalbeattie: pop 4200.

To have the Scottish Cup in these hamlets is a wonderful achievement and should be applauded not derided.

Make a negative from this.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

6 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Right time for my next salvo. I'm not going to say there is a train of thought that the South teams are not good enough to play in the Big Scottish, more what is the point of entering just to get well beaten.

There is a lot of talk around non-league of clubs and community. Well what can be more community that bringing the biggest competition in the country to your little backwater.

The 6 Galloway clubs in next season's Scottish;

Abbey Vale: pop 100. Creetown: pop 750. Wigtown&Blad: pop 900. St.Cuthbert: pop 3300.    Newton Stewart: pop 3500. Dalbeattie: pop 4200.

To have the Scottish Cup in these hamlets is a wonderful achievement and should be applauded not derided.

Make a negative from this.

Respect

Hopefully be down in the metropolis that is Dumfries next week on hotel business.

Erm,...sorry,...Didn't really mean to "downvote" your post but cold, dead, bleeding fingers (and broken guitar strings) got in the way. Should it not be seven clubs ?

Is CD not considered to be in Galloway ? Is there a distinction with Kirkcudbrightshire ?

Please explain.

I have a reason for asking.

P.S. Should probably have tagged in the Horseyguy really.

Oh, well...no hurry for an answer, I'm away for a wee break for a few days roughly where Knapdale becomes Kintyre.

Edited by Black Pennel
Those fingers again.

4 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Erm,...sorry,...Didn't really mean to "downvote" your post but cold, dead, bleeding fingers (and broken guitar strings) got in the way. Should it not be seven clubs ?

Is CD not considered to be in Galloway ? Is there a distinction with Kirkcudbrightshire ?

Please explain.

I have a reason for asking.

P.S. Should probably have tagged in the Horseyguy really.

Oh, well...no hurry for an answer, I'm away for a wee break for a few days roughly where Knapdale becomes Kintyre.

Didn't include Threave my man as they are a West League club now. 

I was more making a point about the South League rather than teams from the county.

But saying that you are correct. 

7 non league teams from D&G.

Edit: Threave: pop 3900. Just being thorough.

Edited by HorseyGhirl

8 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

Didn't include Threave my man as they are a West League club now. 

I was more making a point about the South League rather than teams from the county.

But saying that you are correct. 

7 non league teams from D&G.

Edit: Threave: pop 3900. Just being thorough.

Oops missed out Gretna: pop 3200.

2 hours ago, Shannon said:

When is the draw for the upcoming season? How many preliminary rounds? Is it 2 or just a few teams playing 2 depending on draw?

There is a dedicated thread in the "Domestic Cup Football" forum, but a long story short, there are 2 preliminaries, all licensed sides start in the second preliminary round. The 7 qualifiers are in the first, 1 will get drawn a bye at random and the other 6 will face each other in 3 ties. The 4 teams from the first preliminary round are then joined by all 48 licensed sides, so 52 teams in total playing 26 ties.

The 26 winners are then joined by 16 LL & 18 HL sides for the first round, total 60 clubs.

Edited by Marten