The General Ross County Chat Thread

I'm guessing we would be due a cut of Irvine's fee or was he over the age when you signed him?

Good to see him doing well, looked like a decent athlete but not much of a footballer with us but he seems to be getting better and better as the seasons go on.

I'm guessing we would be due a cut of Irvine's fee or was he over the age when you signed him?

Good to see him doing well, looked like a decent athlete but not much of a footballer with us but he seems to be getting better and better as the seasons go on.

Technically he signed under freedom of contract with a "nominal" development fee. So whether that counts as a transfer in which Celtic can make certain stipulations I don't know.

My guess is Celtic would have included it.

It may be another reason why they rejected the offer.

I'd be very happy indeed if he signed.

Unless he's one of those guys like Higginbotham who seems to turn it on every time I watch him and never anytime else, I'd be delighted with that too.

He's also black, which would delight that old rambling guy on OTB.

His goals and assists per 90 mins are as good as Boyce's and Gardyne's, season-by-season.  The problem is he is not anywhere as good as Gardyne when the team doesn't have the ball, but with Franks as the first change it would be a good combination.

Edited by bunglebonce

Are Motherwell planning on terminating his contract or are we going to make a bid? Another year on his contact according to the Beeb.

I would also be very happy if we signed him.

The Motherwell fans suggest they think he'll be released.

Does Ainsworth drive a black Audi R8?? Had footie the night and there was one sitting at front door of the stadium along with another motor and looked like someone was being shown around inside. Couldn't get a view to see who it was though.

Does Ainsworth drive a black Audi R8?? Had footie the night and there was one sitting at front door of the stadium along with another motor and looked like someone was being shown around inside. Couldn't get a view to see who it was though.

Na but Theo Walcott does....

Pretty sure it's the guy who runs the Staggies Bar who drives that, seen it kicking about a few times on match days.

That Plymouth Argyle team is looking more and more familiar as time goes by:

GK

Gary Miller - Yann Songo'o - CB - LB

Gregg Wylde - CM - CM - Graham Carey

Jake Jervis - CF

Del was always one for signing players he knew or worked with before.  That happens with most managers of his level, but I get the impression that's particularly more so with Derek.  At least that's how it was until Jan '13 when agents started flooding his desk with tapes (not exactly how it happened but it seemed that way).

I saw a quote from him recently about signing players he knew: "I think it's important that as a manager you have trust in the players, and the players enjoy working under the manager as well."

Of the 'invincibles' team, I think six of the first XI would have had connections from his playing days or through his dad, or both; three others were based locally; and the others he liked from watching come up against him.

Edited by bunglebonce