The General Ross County Chat Thread

4 minutes ago, Nizzy said:

Cheers. Am I right in thinking he's a left-sided CB?

He's right-footed but has played as a left-sided CB a fair bit under McIntyre.  Adams used him on the right.  I think his passing is better on his left side when he has to think about it more. 

Is someone trouble making here, Boyd left the training camp in Budapest early due to the premature birth of his daughter.  

I was led to believe he's been on leave to spend time with his family at this important time, therefore it makes sense that he's training by himself at different times of the day.

Definitely not, he was permitted to leave for the birth but there were some other issues, most of which were fairly trivial. For example, Scott forgot one of his bags. Jim wanted him fined. Apparently they have some panel they set up to deal with these things, Foster is the players rep on it who refused to fine Boyd...

2 minutes ago, Spain said:

Definitely not, he was permitted to leave for the birth but there were some other issues, most of which were fairly trivial. For example, Scott forgot one of his bags. Jim wanted him fined. Apparently they have some panel they set up to deal with these things, Foster is the players rep on it who refused to fine Boyd...

Sounds very petty.

To be fair i'd have expected anyone to be fined for forgetting their bag. Surely Scott Boyd is on paternity leave at the moment?

Sounds very petty.

To be fair i'd have expected anyone to be fined for forgetting their bag. Surely Scott Boyd is on paternity leave at the moment?

That's exactly how I would describe it too, but it seems to be what's happening as I've heard it from a few different routes.

Considering the hours that footballers "work" I'd be surprised if he was still supposed to be on full paternity leave.

Just what we need on the eve of a new season, players and management divided.  Let's hope it can be resolved quickly.  In my opinion Boyd should have been released long ago, he is passed it at this level.  If getting rid of him sorts out these issues plus free's up the budget for some more players, then  its a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. 

40 minutes ago, Spain said:

That's exactly how I would describe it too, but it seems to be what's happening as I've heard it from a few different routes.

Considering the hours that footballers "work" I'd be surprised if he was still supposed to be on full paternity leave.

He is or at least was on paternity leave, I've no idea how long these things last for nowadays.

The Boyd family have been blessed with a beautiful wee girl and at this time Scott's priority should be to be at home looking after his wife and young family.

I find this rift thing and been forced to train away from everyone else a little bizarre tbh.

It may well be that Scott has to move on, I don't think it would be done through any malice or due to some petty vandetta, just circumstance! I would have thought that Scott would recognise that his playing time is likely to be limited and I'd expect him to want to play as much as he can so I'd half expect him to be looking for what opportunities are available for him for the coming season anyway.

If Scott were to leave he would always be held in high regard and welcome back at Viccy Park if ever he were about.

Edited by frankthetank22

He is obviously down the pecking order and unlikely to feature much but Boyd has a year left on his contract and has a thoroughly deserved testimonial game and dinner coming up. I'd b very disappointed if he was being shafted by the club and surely the chairman would not let that happen.

I thought the days of Adams style fall-outs were over :( 

1 hour ago, Spain said:

This is fucking pitiful if it's true. Honest to god McIntyre, if you piss away a good thing by turning into a dressing room dictator, just f**k off.

Fining someone for forgetting a bag? And taking a huff with the players rep who didn't think it was a reasonable punishment? It's shoddy treatment of a good servant. Fair enough, we've better defenders now and him leaving wouldn't be the end of the world from that perspective but surely you don't have to act like Derek Adams to get him out the door.

I'm not sure how letting Boyd go would be shafting him. Yes he has a contract for this season, but so have others who have left not just this season but in plenty of others. That's what happens in football. No reason why he can't still get the testimonial game and dinner.

I'm also not sure how much to believe about what's coming out here and on OTB. There's obviously the usual mix of speculation and more informed speculation but while speculation over line ups, whose coming in etc is all part of these forums I can't see that speculation on what may or may not have happened and why is particularly helpful. I'll stick with explaining why my footballing knowledge is far superior to those who are paid to run the team.

I'm not sure how letting Boyd go would be shafting him. Yes he has a contract for this season, but so have others who have left not just this season but in plenty of others. That's what happens in football. No reason why he can't still get the testimonial game and dinner.

I'm also not sure how much to believe about what's coming out here and on OTB. There's obviously the usual mix of speculation and more informed speculation but while speculation over line ups, whose coming in etc is all part of these forums I can't see that speculation on what may or may not have happened and why is particularly helpful. I'll stick with explaining why my footballing knowledge is far superior to those who are paid to run the team.

Great post, agree with all of this ^^^

2 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

It's not the letting him go, it's the freezing him out of training chat, trying to fine him for spurious shit, and all that nonsense Spain mentioned. Obviously it's hearsay but Spain is usually fairly solid when it comes to being "in the know" at County so while I hope he's wrong, I can certainly can believe it.

40 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It's not the letting him go, it's the freezing him out of training chat, trying to fine him for spurious shit, and all that nonsense Spain mentioned. Obviously it's hearsay but Spain is usually fairly solid when it comes to being "in the know" at County so while I hope he's wrong, I can certainly can believe it.

The fining thing is common in football clubs, it's usually for little things and the money goes to the Christmas night out. Sure if their freezing him out rather than giving him leave because of his new kid that's bad, but it's still just rumours and I don't see the point in them, one thing for sure is they won't solve a problem or help the team.  

On 27 July 2016 at 23:28, Jayhawks said:

I would be 100% surprised if you were right . "Paternity leave" FFS!

Pleased to see that you have now understood the context of the message. Paternity leave was a convenient smoke screen and entirely unbecoming of the club. Oh, by the way, how long does it take to declare a date for Boyd's testimonial. Have the club found an opposition team or are the testimonial committee still looking for one?

Pleased to see that you have now understood the context of the message. Paternity leave was a convenient smoke screen and entirely unbecoming of the club. Oh, by the way, how long does it take to declare a date for Boyd's testimonial. Have the club found an opposition team or are the testimonial committee still looking for one?

His testimonial year is next year. Next daft question?

What's your opinions on Tony Dingwall, have heard his name mentioned with queens couple of weeks ago but nothing's came of it as of yet

He'd do pretty well for you. Not quite good enough for us. Hope it happens as he needs to play regularly.

9 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

What's your opinions on Tony Dingwall, have heard his name mentioned with queens couple of weeks ago but nothing's came of it as of yet

There is substance to that. He needs regular games, would be a good move for him.