The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

And Montrose for the 5th time in 6 years.

We've now drawn Hearts and Cove 3 out of the last 4 seasons.  Time to re-think how they draw the group stage I think.

Just now, TheScarf said:

We've now drawn Hearts and Cove 3 out of the last 4 seasons.  Time to re-think how they draw the group stage I think.

3 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

And Montrose for the 5th time in 6 years.

The regionalised aspect of the group stages ruins what could otherwise be great fun

41 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You got Brora in your LC group you utter jammy c***s.

Brora are well known for their Ultras.  Ultras in Italy are well known for the nationalist leanings.  It was fate.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It’s not ‘snowflake’ to oppose racism, sexism and homophobia.

Oh I know, I was being cynical about the attitude being shown by the club.
Those last two posts were meant to be one, hopefully makes more sense in context.

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Course it isn’t, but it seems to be the way the club are seeing it at this moment in time.

Aye, this.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

You got Brora in your LC group you utter jammy c***s.

Hope they pump us & Malky gets the boot.

5 hours ago, stag317 said:

End of the day, Macgregor has made the decision to employ Malky Mackay, we may not agree with his past behaviours but it will not stop me supporting the club like I have for many years. Macgregor runs the club and regardless of what anyone thinks, it is his to do with it as he sees fit.

Yes it does not seem like the best way to tell players that they will not be offered a new contract, but there is no loyalty in football. In fact, any employment where you have a contract that stipulates how long you will be employed for then it should not be taken for granted that you will be offered to stay on for longer. Players/agents are responsible for ensuring they have work to move on to. 

Look at the season most the team have had, transfer that to another type of work, if you haven't performed well enough then you won't be asked to keep working. Changes were needed and I hope for the sake of our club supporters don't turn their back. 

If Macgregor wants to run Ross County as his personal toy then fine, it's his kids inheritance to burn. But he doesn't get to come out with all his cute clichés about being a community club & all that guff when it's proven he quite clearly just doesn't give a hoot what the fans thing & can't even be arsed to let go of club legends face-to-face. If you chat shite about being a family club then folk are entirely within reason to expect better than treating Midge & Vigurs this poorly or hiring a sexist, racist homophobic manager.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

County have always released players in an underhand way, some managers too. So I’m not at all surprised at this.  But both Gardyne and Vigurs have given a lot to us and you’d think that they’d at least get an actual meeting to be informed of their release.

I thought Vigurs did pretty well under Hughes, and would have done us for another year.  I can understand Gardyne’s release as his powers have waned.  Both deserved better from County.

Naismith has probably thought he can get something better elsewhere.  Billy McKay will get a club pretty easily I would have thought as he will still score goals, more likely in the championship.  Caley really should be offering him a deal right now.

What an absolute pathetic week for County PR wise.

I’d hope we would be at least asking the question to McKay and Vigurs, maybe even Gardyne and Draper too.

I think it would mostly depend on if they are settled up here and would like to stay in the area. I’m sure they will all get better offers from clubs down south.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I’d hope we would be at least asking the question to McKay and Vigurs, maybe even Gardyne and Draper too.

I think it would mostly depend on if they are settled up here and would like to stay in the area. I’m sure they will all get better offers from clubs down south.

Not convinced Draper still has it in him for the Championship. He's lost his mobility and is almost always late to tackles. He can still turn it on from time to time but it's become increasingly fleeting with each injury setback.

35 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Not convinced Draper still has it in him for the Championship. He's lost his mobility and is almost always late to tackles. He can still turn it on from time to time but it's become increasingly fleeting with each injury setback.

Aye, Draper would be bottom of the list tbf. I think the other 3 could all do a job so hopefully we at least enquire about their interest.

30 minutes ago, MarkPockets said:

Are the club not even trying anymore? Thats just the same statement as last night with more flowerly pish around it.  Avoiding all the difficult questions along with the racist elephant in the room

It’s absolutely laughable. 

5 hours ago, UAE1929 said:

It is incredibly small time, and leaves a bitter taste. Both sides often make noises about finding it hard attract players and then conduct themselves in that sort of manner. 

County seem to be a complete basketcase at the moment, as I said previously it is hard to criticise MacGregor's involvement with the club but for me personally (someone who hasn't had a season ticket in 6 years now), the most involved I felt with the club was during the 2009/2010 season. David Siegel was installed as Chairman, and  did a fantastic job. He was fan orientated, sitting in with the away support at games, organising numerous fan meetings and the one thing that I will always remember; before we played the semi final tie against Celtic at Hampden, the club increased the price for the supporters bus. I can't remember the exact figure, but it was fairly considerable. David Siegel was doing his usual walk through The Jailend and people were trying to find out what was going on. It was evident he had no clue about it, but promised to fix it, and true to his word within a few days the prices were lowered. He just got it, he bought into the "values" of the club, and subsequently the fans bought into his ideas. 

There just isn't that feel with the club now, and hasn't been for numerous years. All hope of that initial statement at the start of the week from MacGregor saying the club needs to remember it's identity seems a distant memory. Easily the worst week in my years supporting the club.

I would say that looking back Ranald Gilbert leaving (2014?) was a bit of a watershed. 

Saw this graphic and just had to laugh. What the hell is that? Everyone else has some semblance of a formation, but that’s just wild. 

A47966DD-84E8-4522-BCC9-32BA9FB087AC.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Widge said:

Saw this graphic and just had to laugh. What the hell is that? Everyone else has some semblance of a formation, but that’s just wild. 

A47966DD-84E8-4522-BCC9-32BA9FB087AC.jpeg

5 guys in the centre circle, with 3 more guys filling out midfield, and 2 horribly exposed centrebacks sort of in front of a goalie.

Id say that's absolutely spot on.
We've been playing that formation for years.