The General Ross County Chat Thread

Throwing the cash around right now, it better be worth it. Solid signings so far that in the absolute worst case would all be used to and able to do well in the second tier (but I hope for upwards progress).

23 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Throwing the cash around right now, it better be worth it. Solid signings so far that in the absolute worst case would all be used to and able to do well in the second tier (but I hope for upwards progress).

Nothing like a bit of positivity on a Friday 😫

Just now, Rcfc fan said:

No mention of fee or contract length, maybe they just took a 6 figure fee that secured both players?

I’m almost certain that’s the case. I’d hope it is, anyway, because it’s unsustainable otherwise.  I also think they’ll accept a lowball offer for Dhanda before the start of the season to balance the books.  

4 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Celtic away first up, ouch!

Jake, Get intae them!  Nothing less than 3 points.

Some of our family are in Alness, the kids support Ross County, so we have a wee soft spot for County.

Question, they tell me Inverness ICT, have turned into a right circus.

They had wee a chuckle, what are they on about?

Edited by LadyGovan1872

10 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Jake, Get intae them!  Nothing less than 3 points.

Some of our family are in Alness, the kids support Ross County, so we have a wee soft spot for County.

Question, they tell me Inverness ICT, have turned into a right circus.

They had wee a chuckle, what are they on about?

Quite literally there’s a circus tent across from the stadium.  Hilarious.  

45 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Nothing like a bit of positivity on a Friday 😫

No point in just being a happy clapper, if you think something is bad or a waste of money there's no harm in saying so. Roy MacGregor is 70, he could die tomorrow & what happens to all these wages we're suddenly lumbered with? His kids don't have any obligation to keep pumping money into the bottomless pit to keep things on an even keel, & Ross County FC was here before Roy MacGregor & I'd like to hope it'll continue a long time after Roy & indeed I am dead.

40 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m almost certain that’s the case. I’d hope it is, anyway, because it’s unsustainable otherwise.  I also think they’ll accept a lowball offer for Dhanda before the start of the season to balance the books.  

According to our official site " a good fee and potential sell on " .

16 minutes ago, forkboy said:

No point in just being a happy clapper, if you think something is bad or a waste of money there's no harm in saying so. Roy MacGregor is 70, he could die tomorrow & what happens to all these wages we're suddenly lumbered with? His kids don't have any obligation to keep pumping money into the bottomless pit to keep things on an even keel, & Ross County FC was here before Roy MacGregor & I'd like to hope it'll continue a long time after Roy & indeed I am dead.

What happened to positivity on a Friday?

You got anyone at home that can hide the bread knife?

19 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It’s been a great week at the club, good signings that we paid money for. But you know, lack of succession & Gretna comparisons must be aired….

Some of the County fans on this thread have turned it into cesspit of negativity. 

25 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

It’s been a great week at the club, good signings that we paid money for. But you know, lack of succession & Gretna comparisons must be aired….

Some of the County fans on this thread have turned it into cesspit of negativity. 

Wasn't me who hired the racist homophobic bigot & made it incredibly easy to be negative about the club m8.

I tend not to get carried away about signings anymore, I've seen so many players come & go over the past 30 years that I at least try to hold my excitement until they actually play. Especially as I saw next to f**k all Championship or Southern Premier League so can't really comment on Allardice, Henderson or Sheaf (though I'm not exactly overflowing with optimism about bringing in someone from the English 7th tier I'll be happy to be wrong). And I certainly don't think splashing cash is automatically something to celebrate, we paid money for Luckassen & got Liam Boyce for free after all, & I know which of those I'd rather have at the club.

Life's too short to kid on that everything is rosey at the club. Hooray, we stayed up, the manager who got us into the playoffs is still in charge & still making signings. Kind of hard to be enthusiastic about that once the general euphoria of the penalty shootout win wore off. The fundamental problems from last season are still there, & so are other problems around long-term sustainability.

32 minutes ago, Riz said:

What happened to positivity on a Friday?

You got anyone at home that can hide the bread knife?

You must have a much sharper bread knife than me, it struggles with a good sourdough loaf, can't imagine it'd be much cop at human flesh.

Not sure having a gurn about a football club is a massive warning sign of mental unrest tbh.