The General Ross County Chat Thread

I nearly missed the second half because my eyes were still bleeding from watching the first half. Some random thoughts: the back 3 is not going to work, Purrington may be many things but he isn't a CB. Urgently need Nightingale to step up. Turner currently looks out of his depth. Game changed when Loturi came on and we stopped humping the ball in the air. 

Off for a drink.

13 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

I nearly missed the second half because my eyes were still bleeding from watching the first half. Some random thoughts: the back 3 is not going to work, Purrington may be many things but he isn't a CB. Urgently need Nightingale to step up. Turner currently looks out of his depth. Game changed when Loturi came on and we stopped humping the ball in the air. 

Off for a drink.

Didn't think Purrington was that bad tbh, he's coming at it, I'd say. But the time the Morton midfield had in the 1st half meant the ball kept coming back onto the defence.

Like you say, Turner looks out of his depth, lost in the middle of the park. Allardice slightly better but he's far too deep and his first touch is letting him down too which is a worry. Maybe it's Turner being off it, so much that's affecting Allardice but when we switched to Randall and Allardice, then Loturi, the team improved immensely.

Simon Murray is a breath of fresh air, for us up front. Broadfoot was happy to wrestle White but was $hitting himself when paired up against Murray, took his goal well too.

Hi guys, Brora fan here. We’ve just signed Ross Hardie from your U18 squad - I know he’s obviously a youth player but has anyone got any thoughts on him? Even trying to find out what position he plays is a nightmare, according to Google he’s either a defender or midfielder.

Thanks in advance for any help & all the best for the season ahead 🙂

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

It probably was Henderson, he had a few shots at goal. Looked lively, granted against a League One side. Might have done better when through on goal in the first half - heavy first touch - and hit the bar second half.

He's had a decent start to his County career imo, looked lively and is constantly demanding the ball, he seems pretty mature for his age, I like that, hoping he'll get plenty of match time to show his worth. We've got that many attackers it hard to see how they'll all fit into a system.

41 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

He's had a decent start to his County career imo, looked lively and is constantly demanding the ball, he seems pretty mature for his age, I like that, hoping he'll get plenty of match time to show his worth. We've got that many attackers it hard to see how they'll all fit into a system.

Cheers for the update . He has a good attitude and mainly operates as an out and out winger , though I've always thought he could be a very good wing back .

Serious concerns with our defence today. Baldwin getting caught for pace and giving away the usual penalty. Nightingale needs to up it as well. We were cruising into being one of the seeded teams and messed up spectacularly. Kelty are decent but no excuses. Celtic will take eight goals off us next if our centre backs don’t improve!

47 minutes ago, USSR Tycoon said:

Serious concerns with our defence today. Baldwin getting caught for pace and giving away the usual penalty. Nightingale needs to up it as well. We were cruising into being one of the seeded teams and messed up spectacularly. Kelty are decent but no excuses. Celtic will take eight goals off us next if our centre backs don’t improve!

I’d love to disagree, but I can’t.

I hope the manager knows we are still a centre half light , regardless of his plans for purrington we still need another , concerning to concede a goal in every game this group stage including a total of 5 goals conceded against league 1/2 teams , at least we are scoring at the other end (thank goodness for Simon Murray)

Jack Baldwin has been on the whole a very sound centre half for us, he has has his moments ducking under the ball early in his tenure with us against Livingston and couple of rash last man challenges, however he has looked absolutely brutal in the three home matches he’s played in roasted for pace on numerous occasions and bullied by George Oakley I hope this is a temporary malaise.

Would like James Brown to keep right back jersey.

Any news on Hiwula and Purrington wouldn’t be disappointed if they were released back South both have been underwhelming at best.