The General Ross County Chat Thread

Hope josh sims is ok it looked a nasty one and by all accounts he was having a decent match.

kind of agree about Baldwin above, why though with 3 centre halfs are we left so badly exposed like that Baldwin had to foul there or the chances are aberdeen go 2-0 up, Pity as thought we started the game well enough, pains me to say it but a cracker from shinnie 

last 20 mins really encouraging and on the whole did well with 10 men, Samuel an absolute breath of fresh air and did fantastic to win the spot kick which turner dispatched superbly 

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

Hope josh sims is ok it looked a nasty one and by all accounts he was having a decent match.

kind of agree about Baldwin above, why though with 3 centre halfs are we left so badly exposed like that Baldwin had to foul there or the chances are aberdeen go 2-0 up, Pity as thought we started the game well enough, pains me to say it but a cracker from shinnie 

last 20 mins really encouraging and on the whole did well with 10 men, Samuel an absolute breath of fresh air and did fantastic to win the spot kick which turner dispatched superbly 

The 3 centre backs needs dropped alongside Baldwin. Mackays first season we played 4 at the back and wingers, it was some of the best football I’ve seen us play. Since we’ve changed to a back 5 it’s been shite. 

3 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

For me there were two issues as regards Baldwin and the two Aberdeen games. In his defence the three at the back wasn’t working, with the wing backs going forward Aberdeen were carving us open. When we went to a back four after the sending off the defence was more solid. 

My problem with Baldwin, apart from his obvious mistakes, is that he disrupts the back three. His obsession with taking throw ins leaves him out of position and forces the other two to cover for him. He’s frequently caught running back from a wide position with his back to the game where you would expect a competent central defender to be facing the ball, reading the game and organising the defence.

I thought Nightingale organised the back four well, and again another reason why we coped better than we did on Sunday.

14 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

The 3 centre backs needs dropped alongside Baldwin. Mackays first season we played 4 at the back and wingers, it was some of the best football I’ve seen us play. Since we’ve changed to a back 5 it’s been shite. 

We had wingers who commanded respect from the opposition then.

13 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Time for Baldwin to be dropped. Cost us far too many games/points in the past 12 months. 

4 hours ago, Rcfc fan said:

JB Has made more than his fair share of rash challenges but last night was 100% Laidlaw's fault, he took 2 steps towards the ball then changed his mind. JBs contact on Duk was minimal but enough to make the red justified, Laidlaw should have just cleared it.

29 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

JB Has made more than his fair share of rash challenges but last night was 100% Laidlaw's fault, he took 2 steps towards the ball then changed his mind. JBs contact on Duk was minimal but enough to make the red justified, Laidlaw should have just cleared it.

I said the same thing re Laidlaw at the time last night, but it still doesn't change the fact Baldwin is an absolute bombscare... around 3 or 4 red cards since December also...

We looked solid when we had a back 4 of Brown - Nightingale - Leak - Harmon last night...

Edited by StoneThrowAway

54 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Yip 100% Laidlaw to blame, he stitched Baldwin up badly by not coming off his line (excuse the phrase Josh).

7 hours ago, Flatulent Gannet said:

Does anyone know where Brophy was last night, not even on the bench. ?

Brophy should be given game time, unless still sluggish from injury? Don't get whats going on there.

Samuel as well needs a start, totally deserves it. Malky needs to give others more an opportunity otherwise they will leave.

56 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Brophy should be given game time, unless still sluggish from injury? Don't get whats going on there.

Samuel as well needs a start, totally deserves it. Malky needs to give others more an opportunity otherwise they will leave.

Agree regarding Samuel he adds something very different , Brophy we obviously need to be careful with

further regarding Baldwin I think he’s actually out 3rd choice centre half now if we revert to a back 4 I’d rather have nightingale and Leak than baldwin, really hoping we can keep nightingale he’s class

1 hour ago, Sonam said:

Brophy clearly isn't fit, I'm not sure but I'd guess that his recovery from injury meant that he didn't do a full preseason, like the rest of the squad. The couple of sub appearances he's had, he's looked WAY off the pace.