The General Ross County Chat Thread

Samuel is a really decent player, think its shocking the lack of game time especially now when fully fit. Hope to see some changes against Hearts

As for Brophy, no idea why he isn't being used even as 65/70min or so sub. Needs game time. Don't people remember just how good he was when first arrived?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

No replies to this thread in 3 weeks. What a buzz around the club at the moment!

I refuse to believe that signing was on the level. At best he was an Uncle Roy legacy signing.  

Edited by Savage Henry

• 2 weeks later...

Next up; Hibs, Celtic,  ST Johnstone  and Kilmarnock.  If we don't  secure 6 points from that by 25th November it's got to be over for Project Malky. Get someone in before January to try and address the seemingly never ending dross. If we are going down then, for the love of God, let's give it a bloody go. 

14 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

Next up; Hibs, Celtic,  ST Johnstone  and Kilmarnock.  If we don't  secure 6 points from that by 25th November it's got to be over for Project Malky. Get someone in before January to try and address the seemingly never ending dross. If we are going down then, for the love of God, let's give it a bloody go. 

6 points isn’t unreasonable.  I fully expect 2.  

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Yesterday was the first time that Brophy and Murray have started together. Getting them on the pitch together more is surely the way to scoring enough goals to keep the team away from 12th.

Even already, it’s going to be very hard for St Johnstone to make the playoffs. They basically need to win a third of their remaining matches.  11th is up for grabs, though!

On 14/10/2023 at 18:00, Staggie_93 said:

Would’ve been a good chance to bin the manager within the international break but he seems untouchable for whatever reason.

Absolutely, and yesterday was further proof. Buck stops at the manager's door for a pitiful collapse like that.

It's just so odd that there's still folk who seem deeply emotionally invested in Malky.

25 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Absolutely, and yesterday was further proof. Buck stops at the manager's door for a pitiful collapse like that.

It's just so odd that there's still folk who seem deeply emotionally invested in Malky.

Make no bones about it, it’s political. 

There’s no way you could justify supporting the hoofball rubbish (is Brophy’s goal the first goal they have scored that didn’t come from either a set piece, a long ball over the top or a winning the ball back 20 yards from goal?) or the results.  

1 hour ago, forkboy said:

I would have thought the buck stops with the captain who literally passed the ball to the opposition in front of goal?

Your hatred of Mackay is clouding any judgement you once had.

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I would have thought the buck stops with the captain who literally passed the ball to the opposition in front of goal?

Your hatred of Mackay is clouding any judgement you once had.

It's Malky putting him in the team. It's Malky's tactics, it's Malky's team at this point full stop.

I'm looking at the squad now, & here's the players who predate May 2021: Laidlaw, Randall, White, Ross Munro. Plus some youth players. At what point are we allowed to blame him for a team that continually gives up leads & continually concedes penalties? When does he face any consequences? St Johnstone have jettisoned their manager, if whoever takes over turns things around then we're in deep trouble. Again. Lest we forget how close to relegation County came last season.

26 minutes ago, forkboy said:

It's Malky putting him in the team. It's Malky's tactics, it's Malky's team at this point full stop.

I'm looking at the squad now, & here's the players who predate May 2021: Laidlaw, Randall, White, Ross Munro. Plus some youth players. At what point are we allowed to blame him for a team that continually gives up leads & continually concedes penalties? When does he face any consequences? St Johnstone have jettisoned their manager, if whoever takes over turns things around then we're in deep trouble. Again. Lest we forget how close to relegation County came last season.

Laidlaw was at fault for the first, Baldwin for the second and the third was a clusterfck. I don’t see how anyone other than the players can be blamed for that yesterday.

I do think the miracle vs Partick last season papered over the cracks, but we are on the same points as Aberdeen, who also capitulated a lead mid week. No talk of Robson getting the dunt.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Laidlaw was at fault for the first, Baldwin for the second and the third was a clusterfck. I don’t see how anyone other than the players can be blamed for that yesterday.

The manager picks the players, Baldwin is a regular bomb scare but is in the team every week, that alone is enough to doubt the manager imo.

We’ve won two games in the league in three months. Not quite sure why anyone thinks things are progressing.  We’ve had an extremely generous schedule as well. 

But… at this point people’s opinions on him are ingrained. It’ll take relegation to force a change.