The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

And to top things off, by giving ict Alex Samuel there's a very good chance we'll help save them from relegation to the seaside league. 

There is sense in this, if we get relegated, at the very least we want a Highland Derby. Without that the Championship would be even more dire! 

Roy has sacked managers quickly before, Dick Campbell, Willie McStay. This needs doing sooner rather than later.

52 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

WTF is going on with our club, I chose not to attend today's PT match but the reports of our own supporters being manhandled by security & thrown out are disgusting.

The atmosphere around Victoria Park since the return of DA has been poisonous, I've never seen a coach make a whole squad of players, WORSE like this before.

The head of the security needs a toe up their arse & Adams needs punted asap.

Couldn’t agree more.

WRT security, they were particularly ignorant today. One young lad couldn’t get his ticket to scan on the way in and was told by security to basically bigger off. If that was my son I would be fuming. Then the “young team” decided to up sticks to the east of the east stand, only to be pursued by security like they were a gang of Millwall skinheads only to be sent back to the Jailend. 

Adams should go quietly, he’s made a right arse of things and is out of his depth.

8 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Don’t think Adams says a lot wrong post match, to be honest.  

But that’s not the point.  

Seriously? I’d want him sacked for that if I was a Staggie. 

5 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Pretty much that he regrets taking the job. Begging to be sacked.

Claims he didn’t do enough homework before taking the job?  Is this not the man who prides himself in being thorough?  I wonder if he ever actually contemplates the fact that he could be a big part of the problem?

From the outside looking in, Adams always looked like a risky appointment but arguably also a bit of coup to convince him to come back considering his reasonable success in England. For that reason, this has a touch of the Alan Stubbs at Saints about it (minus the signing jobbers), and for that, I genuinely feel sorry for you. 

Irrespective of whether we brought in Adams or a different manager, I think anyone who expected them to produce better results from the squad Malkie built were being unrealistic. Adams seemed to want away from Morecambe because of the financial situation, McGregor was desperate to get someone in, maybe neither really thought it out.

It's hard to know where to start. Today was absolutely horrendous but not entirely surprising.  This is the culmination of a club losing its connection with their fans. The "community" club claim is facile and increasing so. There are countless examples but  - as cited previously-the continuous idiotic stewarding of our  young supporters is now a bone of contention among the general support. If County are keen on turning youngsters away from the game then they are succeeding. Complaints about the Highland League standard tea bars are simply ignored and it it is clear that any idea which emanates from outwith certain quarters  are brushed aside. It appears to be run as a take it or leave it operation. The appointment of MacKay is a prime example of knowing exactly what the supporters felt and ignoring the fact that we were embarrassed and compromised by it. Power should be respected but only if it is deployed with respect.

As far as Adams is concerned I naively expected a more mature version given the passing years. Sadly, he appears to have regressed if anything.  Tonight's interview is tantamount to throwing in the towel and is a bit rich having made so many expensive personnel changes in the past week. 

It's a mess of epic proportions. 

11 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I think most folk realised appointing Adams would eventually end in tears, but I didn't think it would happen so rapidly. He should be out the door by Monday morning.

Genuinely thought he'd be a success, but that was without the knowledge he'd come in, call the entire team shite, then fill it with nameless kids on loan from English clubs youth academy.

52 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Pretty much that he regrets taking the job. Begging to be sacked.

Jeezy peeps! - It's nearly an hour and a half since he said that, has he still got a job?

Why on earth did you take him back?

After his first remarkable interview, I assumed he was looking for a reaction from the players.

After today's interview, I just think he's a massive bell end.

If you're a club Director watching today's interview - after that result - you pretty much want him in for a meeting pronto.

He's also pretty much admitted that he isn't able to get a tune out of decent players.

Cathroesque.