The General Ross County Chat Thread

Folk like him give me the utter fear. The monotone delivery, the perma-grin, regardless of the message he’s conveying or the circumstances surrounding it. Just like Eddie Howe. 

Worthy of at least an appointment to get their hard drive checked. 

Oh aye - also, please keep him. The only scenario acceptable where he’s punted, would be if you took Martindale as replacement. 

9 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

After his first remarkable interview, I assumed he was looking for a reaction from the players.

After today's interview, I just think he's a massive bell end.

If you're a club Director watching today's interview - after that result - you pretty much want him in for a meeting pronto.

He's also pretty much admitted that he isn't able to get a tune out of decent players.

Cathroesque. 

On 18/12/2023 at 18:28, Staggie52 said:

I think most County fans knew what they were getting and aren’t that fussed about his post match tantrums. For some reasons other fans get a bit upset about it.

@Staggie52 I assume you are still comfortable with his post match comments?

These are not his players. The previous manager couldnt do anything with them with an 11th place finish last season and they were no better under his tenure this season. Big clear out required.

I believe DA will get it right.

2 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

I am. I dont wait for his post match interviews waiting to pounce on comments he makes.

Edited by silver

3 minutes ago, silver said:

These are not his players. The previous manager couldnt do anything with them with an 11th place finish last season and they were no better under his tenure this season. Big clear out required.

The scary thing is I can now say I felt more confident with MM than DA based on current showing. 

We all knew he would come in and be a total walloper but f**k me he is exceeding expectations. 

Just now, StoneThrowAway said:

The scary thing is I can now say I felt more confident with MM than DA based on current showing. 

We all knew he would come in and be a total walloper but f**k me he is exceeding expectations. 

The league position he left us in makes me think different. No axe to grind with MM, and I wish him well, but we were going nowhere under him sadly.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

If I was in your position I wouldn’t wait for his post match interviews either.  

I quite enjoy them. I know when he speaks the internet quite often goes into meltdown. Actually quite funny.

3 minutes ago, silver said:

And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?" And you may ask yourself this is not my beautiful house"

1 minute ago, silver said:

The league position he left us in makes me think different. No axe to grind with MM, and I wish him well, but we were going nowhere under him sadly.

I’m with you on that.  It amazes me how many folk get riled up by comment clearly intended to deflect.   I don’t actually hear too much wrong in what he said and he’s clearly a better manager than Malky.   But there are alarm bells in that some of signings don’t look up to much.  

Lurching from season to season with the goal of just about staying up...

We turned in Hamilton Accies so subtly I didn't even notice it.

6 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Personally, I ignore them in much the same way I ignored his predecessor, and if I’m honest, much of the output from football commentators in the whole. 

2 minutes ago, sophia said:

And you may ask yourself, "How do I work this?" And you may ask yourself this is not my beautiful house"

The song is about being unafraid of the passage of time. And DA will get that.

6 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m with you on that.  It amazes me how many folk get riled up by comment clearly intended to deflect.   I don’t actually hear too much wrong in what he said and he’s clearly a better manager than Malky.   But there are alarm bells in that some of signings don’t look up to much.  

It’s not going to get better from here. One can’t successfully deflect by continually throwing the club and its players under the bus. 

He’s like a petulant child. Putting all the blame on the players and taking no responsibility himself.

I posted here previously to say how well we were playing when he first came in. Thinking back he was still deploying Malkys formation then. Since he has tried to implement his own formation and tactics it’s fallen to pieces. 

The players don’t seem interested, and that will be down to to his previous comments which will have sucked the morale out of the squad. Will be delighted if he leaves the club one way or another as soon as possible. 

By my reckoning since arriving Derek has:

1. Alienated the players with a car crash interview.

2. Punted Turner and Samuel.

3. Benched our keeper and all round good guy for no reason.

4. Brought in some dud loans.

5. Alienated the fans and chairman with another car crash interview.

This experiment is over, I cannot see a way back for him.

31 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Folk like him give me the utter fear. The monotone delivery, the perma-grin, regardless of the message he’s conveying or the circumstances surrounding it. Just like Eddie Howe. 

Worthy of at least an appointment to get their hard drive checked. 

Oh aye - also, please keep him. The only scenario acceptable where he’s punted, would be if you took Martindale as replacement. 

Would take Martindale in a heartbeat at County. I rate him, despite this season. I hope it happens, please sack him so we have an option at least!

I also felt more confident County would stay up with Malky and that is saying something! Just been the worst of starts for Adams, self inflicted. 

However, the monotone delivery, grin and such that you critise I think you are being extremely harsh. For all we know he could be on the spectrum (aspergers or something, ADHD, I don't know, only he knows I guess). People on the spectrum (if it is that...) can be extremely good at their jobs

I don't think he is a bad person at heart, good managers often are eccentric Brian Clough, Jim McLean, even Alex Ferguson (no, he isn't in that league, I know). Just saying he is 'old skool' which I don't think works these days. 

I hope he turns it around, but he sounds like he doesn't want to be here at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

By my reckoning since arriving Derek has:

1. Alienated the players with a car crash interview.

2. Punted Turner and Samuel.

3. Benched our keeper and all round good guy for no reason.

4. Brought in some dud loans.

5. Alienated the fans and chairman with another car crash interview.

This experiment is over, I cannot see a way back for him.

Point 4 Far too early in my opinion to say the loans are duds.

Point 2 Neither were doing anything. I liked Alex Samual. Lots of effort, but 1 goal? I will be keeping a sharp eye on Turner, he has a chance at Raith and it will be interesting to see if he can do anything. My guess is he has found his level there.

Point 3 My guess is he gave the new keeper a chance as maybe he has to have a certain amount of minutes to play as part of his loan deal. Far better to use him today than during a league game. Laidlaw will be back for the next game I reckon.

Point 5 You are never going to keep all the fans happy. I certainly dont feel alienated!  As for the chairman, has he alienated him? Perhaps you know something I dont.

As for the players. I would be out there to prove him wrong.

Edited by silver