The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 hours ago, StoneThrowAway said:

The 2 biggest issues with the squad DA inherited was the lack of width, and lack of goals. 

There has been a couple of injuries, but I'm really struggling to understand the recruitment undertaken…

I think it’s simply he just doesn’t rate Brown or Laidlaw.   

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I think it’s simply he just doesn’t rate Brown or Laidlaw.   

Efete is more likely a reaction to Randall's performance as the backup right-back against Partick Thistle.

Borrowing the @capt_oats format, I think these are the options available to Adams, starting with the line-up he used at Livingston:-

lineup.png.f8e9118c40fa5f9874a1dc2354b32c7c.png

That midfield better start scoring some goals.

The way Laidlaw has been treated having done nothing wrong in the recent games leading up being dropped is sickening. I thought he was very good this season, though haven't made it to many away games. For those that make most games, am I missing something? Why has he been dropped?

To be dropped for or a short term loan GK who is unlikely to sign a permanent deal. What is going on at the club!

Lose today and Adams will be under pressure. Do hope they win, but I am not confident at all. 

3 minutes ago, Sonam said:

The way Laidlaw has been treated having done nothing wrong in the recent games leading up being dropped is sickening. I thought he was very good this season, though haven't made it to many away games. For those that make most games, am I missing something? Why has he been dropped?

To be dropped for or a short term loan GK who is unlikely to sign a permanent deal. What is going on at the club!

Lose today and Adams will be under pressure. Do hope they win, but I am not confident at all. 

Laidlaw has an injury, as reported, that's why we've recalled Logan Ross so allow us to have a reserve keeper on the bench today.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Laidlaw having some competition. Imo he's had good games/saves but also his distribution at times has been awful and cost us points from winning positions, especially the Motherwell game.

The last time County won was on 5th Dec beating Motherwell 3-0. Things at that time seemed optimistic. That match felt like a turning point.

They then lost to a very off form St. Mirren at the time. That game was winnable for sure! Even a respectful draw would have been ok. Then followed by the last min defeat at home to Dundee and THAT interview by Derek Adams. 

Lets face it, Dec & Jan have been terrible months for County. It's tough enough personally dealing with winter, dark nights, depressing weather, Xmas pressures during a cost of living crisis & Tory government that seem intent in destroying the country. Football is my distraction, for me in winter even more so.

In those month, Dec&Jan, to have the team off form really pissed me off. I blame Adams personally. All these loan players, time will tell if they are better than what we have. Will the good ones stay? Probably not...

I do hope things work out somehow. Would be superb to see County stay up! 

Have to say, personally I would like to see an amicable settlement at the end of the season with Adams leaving. Keeping County up would be seen as a 'success' for him, just think Roy made a mistake getting him back. Anyway, wouldn't be suprised whatever happens at the end of the season.

A win here would get County above St. Johnstone and would slowly help get fans like me back onside. Adam's has chosen these loan players, hope it's enough. This match is massive!

38 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Laidlaw has an injury, as reported, that's why we've recalled Logan Ross so allow us to have a reserve keeper on the bench today.

Also, there's nothing wrong with Laidlaw having some competition. Imo he's had good games/saves but also his distribution at times has been awful and cost us points from winning positions, especially the Motherwell game.

I was raging Laidlaw got dropped but it now seems he may have carrying an injury for a while, hence why Wickens came straight into the team. From what I’ve seen I don’t think there is much between them tbh, but Wickens should have made a better fist of the Livi second.

I met Laidlaw at Rosemarkie beach with his wife and kid last summer, very down to earth, old silver Mondeo, very unlike most other players I’ve met.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

That holding midfield is very thin on the ground. Is Callachan expected to return, I've never heard any word of it.

Loturi isn't good enough and needs to be higher up the field if on the field at all, as imo he's a liability as a deep midfielder.

I don't see Loturi contribution further up the field as particularly great either I'm afraid. I think we've got better options.

It happened under Kettlewell. Also under Hughes, Mackay and it’s happening now under Adams. It’s hard to put your finger on it, but I think the reason for constant defensive calamities is because there is no footballing identity at the club. We’ve been a shambles defensively ever since we were promoted again, and for years it’s been an absolute tombola for both player and formation selection. How can any defence settle when there is such high turnover year upon year, and so much change week to week. 

As much as St Johnstone were the worst team to visit Victoria Park yesterday and we again failed to score at home, the main difference was they signed a striker and we failed to do so. We have got worse since the sacking of Malky and relegation is inevitable. Not even good enough to win a playoff. At the end of the day loan signings don't care if the team gets relegated or not as they are off at the end of the seaon anyway.