The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

He actually came down with us and ended up signing for Falkirk for the 2nd half of that season. It was him that scored their penalty at QOTS when they pitch invaded and then subsequently conceded in the added on time due to the invasion to effectively relegate them. I thought he might get a chance to break into the team when we came back up but that didn't seem to be forthcoming. Always liked him and good to see him doing well down south

I stand corrected. I can’t remember him in the Championship season for some reason. 

12 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Mind the time Vigurs and DKD ripped it up against Morton. DKD's assist for the Mckay opener was as good as the finish.

was in the jailend for that one, the minute you saw mckay shift his body to place it you knew where it was going, excellent finish

Edited by Comrie

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

was in the jailend for that one, the minute you saw mckay shift his body to place it you knew where it was going, excellent finish

So many mixed memories.  So much more fun to watch. 

away for a cry after reading this

Not a great performance, pretty toothless 😒 could drive a bus through the centre of defence, we need Baldwin back in.

9 minutes ago, silver said:

Might not be a popular suggestion, but I think need an experienced head at the helm now.

An experienced head; like Mackay and Adams were? Why don’t we calm down for 5 minutes and stop blaming managers for every single defeat we suffer. Cowie has been sold the shortest of straws. He is dealing with some of the worst recruitment the club has seen since being in the top flight. The players clearly like him and respect him. Back him, for the love of god. 

On 15/02/2024 at 20:24, bunglebonce said:

Mind the time Vigurs and DKD ripped it up against Morton. DKD's assist for the Mckay opener was as good as the finish.

That team we had in the Championship is probably better than the one we have at the moment.

Edited by Staggie_93

10 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

An experienced head; like Mackay and Adams were? Why don’t we calm down for 5 minutes and stop blaming managers for every single defeat we suffer. Cowie has been sold the shortest of straws. He is dealing with some of the worst recruitment the club has seen since being in the top flight. The players clearly like him and respect him. Back him, for the love of god. 

Exact!

53 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

We have shipped 5 goals in 2 games and today we managed 3 shots on target and a paltry 2 corners, nothing has changed. This slide is only going one way in my opinion

Edited by silver

38 minutes ago, silver said:

We have shipped 5 goals in 2 games and today we managed 3 shots on target and a paltry 2 corners, nothing has changed. This slide is only going one way.

The one thing I will agree with Adams on is that the quality of the squad for the money spent on it is a shambles. That being said, the answer wouldn’t be to spend more money on another manager. It wouldn’t be an effective business model in any walk of life to have 4 managers in less than a year, let alone a loss making football club. It’s such a lazy excuse to just constantly blame management, especially laying the blame on a guy who is simply playing the poor cards he has been dealt. 

29 minutes ago, silver said:

We have shipped 5 goals in 2 games and today we managed 3 shots on target and a paltry 2 corners, nothing has changed. This slide is only going one way.

OK, Dundee scored twice, yet they only had a mere 4 shots on target! Murray should have scored and it would have been a different game if he has. County had 17 shots off target to Dundee's 14. Possession pretty much level. Away too. Dundee are probably going to be top 6, on form and overall have been pretty good this season. 

The worrying thing, is teams near us like St. Johnstone & Motherwell have a larger squads and don't have injuries to key players. Baldwin is a big miss, Randall too, remember Allardice? 

County will have a run of form this season, I'm certain. Just hope it's not too late by then.

Livingston next week is massive. Shame they have hit form. Yet, it is winnable.

2 minutes ago, Sonam said:

OK, Dundee scored twice, yet they only had a mere 4 shots on target!Murray should have scored and it would have been a different game if he has. County had 17 shots off target to Dundee's 14. Possession pretty much level. Away too. Dundee are probably going to be top 6, on form and overall have been pretty good this season. 

The worrying thing, is teams near us like St. Johnstone & Motherwell have a larger squads and don't have injuries to key players. Baldwin is a big miss, Randall too, remember Allardice? 

How many times have we heard that this season-player (insert name) should have scored. We have scored just 20 goals in 25 games.

15 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Fans turning on Cowie this early really pisses me off. I know the Rangers game was embarressing , but give him time at least!

With the season running down quickly now how much time would you give him?