The General Ross County Chat Thread

22 hours ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

Going to get pelters for this.....but we need someone to be the stop gap between the chairman and the football team.  County have never been better than when we had a director of football who stopped Uncle Roy messing around with the football side of things.

The fact Malky was allowed to start this season is beyond criminal, the fact that Adam's meltdown will distract most from this fact makes it worse.

That's literally meant to be Fergies job. As CEO, he's ultimately answerable to the chairman, while the manager answers to him. I doubt, however, that there is many difficult conversations had between the 2. 

On 18/02/2024 at 01:21, RH33 said:

I've not been to a game in a long time so my musings are from what I read here and dad.

Mackay had lost dressing room, Adams came in and made an arse of handling the press and chucked players under buses then reversed bus over them.

Don's a liked figure at the club (to best my knowledge) I think we have to write the season off, if we don't drop automatically likely playoffs. That isn't going to be on Don though.

If Don can start to get the players heads up and working for the jersey then that wouldn't be a bad outcome whatever league we are in. 

Whoever's doing the scouting needs fired though. It's always going be tough attract young lads to Dingwall, I left the Highlands at 18 and have no wish go back.

Hard to disagree. We've got a pretty mediocre squad, the Adams term destroyed whatever squad atmosphere there was, the transfer window is locked shut & all we got to show for it were some loanees from the dark depths of English football. Don Cowie would need to be a miracle worker to see this team finishing higher than 11th. Obviously the Livvy game is the proverbial 6 pointer, come away with nothing there & we're really in deep trouble.

And aye, if you told me the grand total of County's scouting budget was buying a copy of Football Manager every year I'm not even sure I'd be shocked. Whatever it is it leaves an awful lot to be desired. Really needs to be sorted out.

23 hours ago, Sonam said:

Unless there is a shock fall of Hibs, happened before I suppose... or Aberdeen, though doubt it.

Basically catching Motherwell is the only hope of avoiding play offs and that's assuming Livingston stay bottom.

St. Johnstone aren't going down. Have a feeling Motherwell won't either.

Play off place is probably best hope. I won't blame Don Cowie for that. 

Raith / Partick / Morton in a play off, I'd still be hopeful as long as it's not Partick in the final again. 

Raith and Partick can't defend for shit but are lethal up front, hence why they're in the top 3. The likes of Vaughan, Easton, Hamilton, Fitzpatrick, Lawless cause teams no end of problems. I think you'd have too much for either or them over 2 legs if you have a go and attack them.  I still think Morton will fade toward the end of the season.

2 hours ago, forkboy said:

Hard to disagree. We've got a pretty mediocre squad, the Adams term destroyed whatever squad atmosphere there was, the transfer window is locked shut & all we got to show for it were some loanees from the dark depths of English football. Don Cowie would need to be a miracle worker to see this team finishing higher than 11th. Obviously the Livvy game is the proverbial 6 pointer, come away with nothing there & we're really in deep trouble.

And aye, if you told me the grand total of County's scouting budget was buying a copy of Football Manager every year I'm not even sure I'd be shocked. Whatever it is it leaves an awful lot to be desired. Really needs to be sorted out.

The first thing Adams did was to replace the Championship Manager guy that Mackay hired with Gregg Strong.  Christ knows what he’s thinking now.  

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

The first thing Adams did was to replace the Championship Manager guy that Mackay hired with Gregg Strong.  Christ knows what he’s thinking now.  

Enda Barron didn't leave with Malky. He was still at the club. Not sure if that has changed since. 

On 19/02/2024 at 13:22, TheScarf said:

Raith and Partick can't defend for shit but are lethal up front, hence why they're in the top 3. The likes of Vaughan, Easton, Hamilton, Fitzpatrick, Lawless cause teams no end of problems. I think you'd have too much for either or them over 2 legs if you have a go and attack them.  I still think Morton will fade toward the end of the season.

I certainly hope Dundee Utd win the Championship as really don't fancy our chances against them. With Partick, would worry as well in a play off final, revenge basically. 

This weekends match is massive and Livi are on form by the looks of it. However, if County could somehow sneak a win... I don't even care about quality, a scrappy 1-0 would do. I don't think, form wise, County are even favourites for this match. 

24 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

They lost 3-0?

Yes, but they defended a lot more solidly that County did!!!

Unfortunately, I think St. Johnstone now won't go down whilst for a while before Levein arrived they looked like last year's Dundee Utd. Shame really. This season, for County there is no such team. Even Livi picking up form now. Worrying times...

7 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Help me out here, is Enda Barron the Champ Man guy? Or is that someone else 

Video analyst/scout I think his title is.

14 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Looks like nightingale out for season with hamy pinged just when it couldn't get any worse. 

Saw that.  Was absolutely as advertised - solid centre back with legs like chocolate.   Wouldn’t imagine we’ll see him next season irrespective of which division we’re in. 

Looks like Smith is pretty much dead as well.  It’s amazing how almost every injury at County ends up taking three times as long as anywhere else.   Seems to be us and Rangers.  

You have to say, we have been incredibly unlucky with injuries this season. Randall and Allardice out long term probably the biggest blow, but we’ve had an unbelievable amount of niggly 2-3 week jobs that have just disrupted any sort of rhythm the team can get into. That being said, it can’t be coincidence if it’s happening to 2/3 players a month. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Allardice is always injured so he can’t be expected to be part of anything you’re trying to build. 

I like the look of jelly and glass l, know, ice cream it melts unlike  jelly and glass they break up like footballers muscles, ligaments and of course anything that is vaguely football related 😉 

Edited by Super Staggie

On 21/02/2024 at 18:58, Matty-RCFC said:

You have to say, we have been incredibly unlucky with injuries this season

We've been terrible for injuries for years now. Wonder if there's something in the Peffery giving them all major injuries

12 hours ago, MarkPockets said:

We've been terrible for injuries for years now. Wonder if there's something in the Peffery giving them all major injuries

They must be falling against a tesco trolly when going to get their ball out of the Peff, after they balloon it over the bar during shooting practice. 

I see the newly formed Supporters Club are offering £5 tickets for the away bus to Hibs. Whilst I encourage anybody trying to get bums on seats, I feel for the Black Isle Supporters Club who have supported the club by putting on hundreds of buses over the years - often with little-to-no help in terms of advertising from the club. I don’t understand why the two couldn’t have worked in tandem with each other?