The General Ross County Chat Thread

9 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

A 33 year old Division 1 keeper who's mistakes in the play off contributed to his team getting relegated?  I dont know what you've poured on your porridge this morning but it certainly wasn't milk.

I'm not saying we should offer him a contractor anything. Merely pointing out the "old boys club" may have an impact on this. 

As TheScarf said, there's also talk of him moving abroad. 

4 minutes ago, Steve Carrella said:

The latest statement from Caley is truly jaw dropping. I can't see their fan base buying it, the next few days will prove chaotic.  I predict their entire board having to resign 

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It is one of the most bizarre things I’ve seen in football. I can’t see it happening, to be honest. 

They’ve done remarkably to bury our own on the field woes.   My guess is that Gardiner is gone before the start of next season.  It certainly sounds as if the contracts have all been agreed and signed with Kelty. 

It's mad how Caley's CEO seems to hate them even more than any County fan. Has anyone checked if he's got an Elgin top under his suit?

3 minutes ago, Comrie said:

It's mad how Caley's CEO seems to hate them even more than any County fan. Has anyone checked if he's got an Elgin top under his suit?

He's just incompetent tbh.

And a massive ***.

There's a very real chance he, and Duncan Ferguson, want to fill their team with Rangers loanees next season and Rangers refused due to having to send them to Inverness to train.

I genuinely think Gardiner is so thick he'd agree to move the club to Kelty to make that happen.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's just incompetent tbh.

And a massive ***.

There's a very real chance he, and Duncan Ferguson, want to fill their team with Rangers loanees next season and Rangers refused due to having to send them to Inverness to train.

I genuinely think Gardiner is so thick he'd agree to move the club to Kelty to make that happen.

Gets them closer to his team, what a result.

I don’t know if Mark Macdonald the County fan who was on Sportsound is on here, but that closing line was an absolute belter. 

“No matter what happens tomorrow, we’ll still be training in Dingwall”

🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)

According to ‘Transfermarkt’, we only have 8 players contracted beyond this season, with the following out of contract;

Baldwin, Smith, Harmon, Randall, Efete, Tilson, Callachan, Dhanda, Sims, White & Murray. 

Loans; Wickens, Ayina, Nightingale, CBJ, Khela, King & Jenks. 

Also the managerial situation to sort. 

Who (if any) should we retain? For me;  Smith, Harmon, Randall, Sims & Murray. Nightingale and King if possible. Cowie as manager (with a more experienced assistant)…

Edited by StoneThrowAway

13 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I don’t know if Mark Macdonald the County fan who was on Sportsound is on here, but that closing line was an absolute belter. 

“No matter what happens tomorrow, we’ll still be training in Dingwall”

🤣🤣🤣

Yes it had them all laughing. Mark aka Jabba the Hutt from the opening sequence of A View from the Terrace a few years back.

47 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

According to ‘Transfermarkt’, we only have 8 players contracted beyond this season, with the following out of contract;

Baldwin, Smith, Harmon, Randall, Efete, Tilson, Callachan, Dhanda, Sims, White & Murray. 

Who (if any) should we retain? For me;  Smith, Harmon, Randall, Sims & Murray. Nightingale and King if possible. Cowie as manager (with a more experienced assistant)…

Sims will be away.  He has kids about ready to start school.   

Harmon is the obvious one to keep. I’d keep Baldwin as well as Murray, who I thought had  another year.  Nobody else I’m particularly bothered about. 

All depends on today though.  

53 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Harmon is a must. Murray will be off. King has come good recently, I’d like to sign him. However, think we will be looking at another complete rebuild job.

52 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

For me Harmon, Murray, King, Sims. 

Was initially against Cowie as manager but have come round to the idea provided there’s also an experienced assistant in the mix.

1 hour ago, StuartTaylor said:

Yes it had them all laughing. Mark aka Jabba the Hutt from the opening sequence of A View from the Terrace a few years back.

I've been introduced as worse