The General Ross County Chat Thread

33 minutes ago, Riz said:

Heard a "rumour" that Kyle Turner didn't want to return and didn't enjoy his time in the Highlands. 

Good riddance then. 

I'm pretty sure the decision NOT to return to the Highlands, was one taken by someone else, instead of Kyle Turner.

It's safe to say that "he's found his level" at PT, although even at Raith in the run in last season, he started about 85% of games on the bench!

As a player who turns 27 in a couple of months he should be working a bit harder to in training to ensure he's playing more regularly.

17 minutes ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I'm pretty sure the decision NOT to return to the Highlands, was one taken by someone else, instead of Kyle Turner.

It's safe to say that "he's found his level" at PT, although even at Raith in the run in last season, he started about 85% of games on the bench!

As a player who turns 27 in a couple of months he should be working a bit harder to in training to ensure he's playing more regularly.

Yes.  This is true for at least another player who clearly doesn’t want to be here.  One who is significantly more talented than Turner, or indeed anyone in the current squad.  But wages are more of an issue than with Turner.  

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Yes.  This is true for at least another player who clearly doesn’t want to be here.  One who is significantly more talented than Turner, or indeed anyone in the current squad.  But wages are more of an issue than with Turner.  

Can you say eamon brophy without saying eamon brophy

Posted (edited)

Wish Kyle Turner all the best, he did show glimpses of real skill from what I saw. There is a decent player there but probably championship really is his level. He still has a good few years of football left though. Hope I am proved wrong.

Whether it was a lack of game time, or a lack of chemistry he just didn't appear to blend that well with the rest of the team. Obviously his partner wasn't that settled here and that would have effected how he settled in. Still, I just don't get it, Glasgow, Edinburgh, or scenic Paisley isn't exactly that far away! WTF

With decent scouts, County can definately get better. A classy winger with a positive attitude (similar to Dhanda, Murray, Jackson Irvine etc.)

County are starting to look like a club that, with the right attitude, a player can transform their career and make a huge career defining step like Ross Stewart, Dhanda, Boyce etc. Good players at the crossroads of their career can do the same. Really it is the players&agents that should be contacting Ross County not the other way around!

Edited by Sonam

8 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Good news. Pleased to see Mr Adams back in management and I'll monitor with interest.

After what happened any ill feeling has gone now for me, I genuinely think he may have been going through personal issues when he was with County this time. Whether relationship family stuff or depression, who knows. It certainly was a spectacular implosion and not nice for the fans at the time.

This time at Morecambe he won't be given the same leeway. Yet I think he may do very well at Moorecambe. No idea why I think that, don't like what I have seen or heard of his personality at all. Yet Jim McLean, maybe even Alex Ferguson weren't particularly 'friendly' people in the height of their careers. Not sure it works as well these days, but he has ability when happy...

Posted (edited)

I should maybe add regarding Turner leaving, I wonder if it's the 'close knit' community type feel you have up here that puts some players off. I guess in Glasgow & Edinburgh players who are County's level can go out to pubs, clubs and party without being noticed. For example Livi players, Partrick etc not going to get noticed while blazing drunk. In the Highlands is just not possible, lots of people would spot them, gossip spreads like wildfire. People are bored with nothing to talk about other than other peoples lives. Here players are famous in a way!

Yet for anyone really serious these days about being a successful footballer, you have to wonder why they can't shelve the nightlife until summer or international breaks. These days you have to be a great athlete as well as a footballer.

Edited by Sonam

12 minutes ago, Sonam said:

I should maybe add regarding Turner leaving, I wonder if it's the 'close knit' community type feel you have up here that puts some players off. I guess in Glasgow & Edinburgh players who are County's level can go out to pubs, clubs and party without being noticed. For example Livi players, Partrick etc not going to get noticed while blazing drunk. In the Highlands is just not possible, lots of people would spot them, gossip spreads like wildfire. People are bored with nothing to talk about other than other peoples lives. Here players are famous in a way!

Yet for anyone really serious these days about being a successful footballer, you have to wonder why they can't shelve the fairly annoymous nightlife until summer or international breaks.

I grew up in Sutherland. I wouldn't come back even to Dingwall or Inverness. I'm maybe up once every 18 months. 

So I get why a 20 something from central belt wouldn't fancy it. I like the anonymity of larger places.

This isn't new to County and Caley and attracting players has always been a challenge. Esp of not playing well, known players are unhappy etc adds to task. Since Don came in things do seem to be more positive and team more cohesive as a unit. 

14 hours ago, Riz said:

Heard a "rumour" that Kyle Turner didn't want to return and didn't enjoy his time in the Highlands. 

Good riddance then. 

Pretty sure wanting to leave the Highlands means you've become a true Highlander.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, tree house tam said:

If a player doesn't fancy it because he can't go out and drink without being noticed maybe he's not the player you should be attracting anyway.

This island has a bad relationship with alcohol.

Scotland is terrible for alcohol issues for sure! Some players use other drugs, Coke as well as alcohol. Not mentioning names, but there is a list of a good few football careers, from really talented players spoilt by alcohol or drugs. Usually Coke cause it doesn't stay in the system long meaning they can pass drug tests, or get masking agents to clean the system out. 

Alcohol is the worst, in my opinion a terrible drug to get addicted to. So many other drugs out there that are far less harmful! The fact that alcohol is so built into our culture is really sad I reckon.

Edited by Sonam

12 hours ago, Sonam said:

Wish Kyle Turner all the best, he did show glimpses of real skill from what I saw. There is a decent player there but probably championship really is his level. He still has a good few years of football left though. Hope I am proved wrong.

Whether it was a lack of game time, or a lack of chemistry he just didn't appear to blend that well with the rest of the team. Obviously his partner wasn't that settled here and that would have effected how he settled in. Still, I just don't get it, Glasgow, Edinburgh, or scenic Paisley isn't exactly that far away! WTF

With decent scouts, County can definately get better. A classy winger with a positive attitude (similar to Dhanda, Murray, Jackson Irvine etc.)

County are starting to look like a club that, with the right attitude, a player can transform their career and make a huge career defining step like Ross Stewart, Dhanda, Boyce etc. Good players at the crossroads of their career can do the same. Really it is the players&agents that should be contacting Ross County not the other way around!

There's definitely a player in Turner, I had hoped he would become the Dhanda replacement, but I am sure someone put his stats just before the January window (maybe Randomguy) and his end product was distinctly below par.

We must have some pretty good signings lined up if we are letting Turner (under contract?) go for nothing and shipping Henderson out on loan.

Not saying either would have broken into the starting 11 but decent squad players surely.

Without knowing attitudes and what goes on in training obviously. 

5 hours ago, StuartTaylor said:

We must have some pretty good signings lined up if we are letting Turner (under contract?) go for nothing and shipping Henderson out on loan.

If we do, then the club has taken a vow of silence. Not a peep of a new signing since the season finished.

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Are there any other P&B County fans following Scotland & heading out to Germany?

Two of us are heading to Munich next week.

No, didn't get tickets. I would have loved to have gone, going to India instead. Look forward to watching the games from there. A decent 2nd prize to put it that way...

9 hours ago, central staggie said:

If we do, then the club has taken a vow of silence. Not a peep of a new signing since the season finished.

It’s the only week or so in the calendar year that the manager gets off. You never know, the next Kyle Turner might be found in Dubai like last year. 

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

It’s the only week or so in the calendar year that the manager gets off. You never know, the next Kyle Turner might be found in Dubai like last year. 

What’s this now?

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

What’s this now?

Malky approached Turner in Dubai as they were both staying at the same hotel. I reckon Turner was on a fair wedge and Malky promised him to be a starter most weeks, but went tits up once he was heaved out.