The General Ross County Chat Thread

OTB: ¡Viva la Revolución!

Discuss.

Any helpful advice is greatly appreciated.

I used to help run a very busy forum and from my experience all I'll say is - don't let the 'power' go to your, or anyone else on the Mod team's heads. You need a consistent approach to moderating that the whole team adhere to. Otherwise it falls apart. Ideally, you don't want the moderators to be a talking point at all. Just working quietly in the background (although obviously it's more difficult to do that if there's constant trolling).

You really think Iain Vigurs would employ a rabbit as his agent?

Yes. Basically he is going to go as far as his garden to find an agent, and just go "f**k it a rabbit will do".

Yes. Basically he is going to go as far as his garden to find an agent, and just go "f**k it a rabbit will do".

But if Vigurs picks it, it'll be the best damn rabbit he can find. Unless he can't be arsed. In which case it will be Hazel from Watership Down.

But if Vigurs picks it, it'll be the best damn rabbit he can find. Unless he can't be arsed. In which case it will be Hazel from Watership Down.

If he is anyone from Watership Down he is definitely Keehar. That bird could spit and shout vitriol at refs no bother.

Heard yous gonna sign Maatsen. He is a tall quick right winger who can also play as striker or support striker.

Played 30 matches last season in the Dutch 1st division, no goals no assists. Year before in the Dutch eredivisie 25 matches, 5 goals 1 assist.

Found a youtube video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoWUnPlsSqQ

Heard yous gonna sign Maatsen. He is a tall quick right winger who can also play as striker or support striker.

Played 30 matches last season in the Dutch 1st division, no goals no assists. Year before in the Dutch eredivisie 25 matches, 5 goals 1 assist.

Found a youtube video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoWUnPlsSqQ

Yep, the other Dutch players we're linked with are Erwin Freibl and Rihairo Meulens.

Should hear more this week, as Derek's back from his "holidays" today or tomorrow I think.

Edited by Spain

Decent players ur manager is looking at.

Erwin Friebel (30) is a decent GK. Played his matches mostly in the Dutch 1st division (At Almere FC).

Rihairo Meulens (25) is RW/Support Striker. Comes also from Dutch 1st division team Almere FC. Played in total 159 matches in his career and made 20 goals and 19 assists.

Decent players ur manager is looking at.

Erwin Friebel (30) is a decent GK. Played his matches mostly in the Dutch 1st division (At Almere FC).

Rihairo Meulens (25) is RW/Support Striker. Comes also from Dutch 1st division team Almere FC. Played in total 159 matches in his career and made 20 goals and 19 assists.

Good to hear they're of a decent quality.

Derek always has a knack of getting that little (or sometimes a lot) more out of a player than normal. So hopefully decent quality becomes top quality.

Gutted. Looks like Vigurs is off to Motherwell as well.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22853309

So that could be our two 'classiest' players off to them. Admittedly they are only classy footballers, they're probably our mouthiest players going by Vigurs history with ref's and Lawson's twitter banter with Falkirk fans last season :lol: .

Fucking Motherwell. Fucking debt cheats shold have gone bust along with all the companies they killed! BooOOO!OO!OOoO!!! And lots of other poor trolling based on bitterness and a lack of imagination... Good luck to them if he does sign, cracking player, Vigurs and Lawson would improve the majority of SPL midfields.

Edited by dingdong1929

I see STV claim Del has confirmed he has not, and will not offer Vigurs a contract.

Bit of an odd one, but suggests to me that Vigurs may have burnt some bridges whilst seeking a bigger deal elsewhere.

Edit: Either that or Vigurs having made his intentions clear, Del has pinpointed some better signings to replace him anyway.

Edited by Spain

I really don't understand that. I don't really care if he's offended Adams' sensibilities by looking for a better paying deal. I don't really see where we're going to find 2 midfielders of the quality for Lawson & Vigurs, so to make no attempt to retain Vigurs is pretty confusing from the outside. Especially considering the amount of fight we've put into retaining a guy who signed a pre-contract elsewhere.

That said, faith in Adams Family & all that.

Edited by forkboy

I really don't understand that. I don't really care if he's offended Adams' sensibilities by looking for a better paying deal. I don't really see where we're going to find 2 midfielders of the quality for Lawson & Vigurs, so to make no attempt to retain Vigurs is pretty confusing from the outside. Especially considering the amount of fight we've put into retaining a guy who signed a pre-contract elsewhere.

This.

Including the qualifier at the end of the post...

Yep, thirded.

Until we see who we've got coming in and get to see them in action, it's going to be hard to judge what Del's tactic has been here.

I believe Del is back either today or tomorrow, so hopefully expect to hear some movement on things this week.

Game against Man Utd. in Dingwall on July 20th confirmed.

County have registered Brittain for next season.

And Vigurs deal agreed with Motherwell.

Fairly eventful morning, and I think there should be more to come this week.

I take it that means the game in Wick is off? I was half planning going up to Wick that weekend, but the Man Utd game doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Dunno, could still be splitting the squad as we're doing other days. I'd say anyone sent to Wick would be a bit disappointed though!

So, Man Utd on the Saturday, then off to Holland for our pre-season tour on the Monday. Well, this certainly isn't the same craic as when I first started following County!