The General Ross County Chat Thread

If Vigurs contract demands were too much then I have no problem with us letting him go. I think George Adams has been adamant in the past that we will not revert to the bad old days of over-paying players, or handing out stupid contracts, or living outwith our means.

The 'Save our Staggies' mug on my desk is a reality check.

Would have been great to keep him and Lawson, but it wasnt to be. We managed to cope with the loss of Miller and Midge, and I look forward to seeing who we sign in the coming weeks.

Will miss the ManU game but if I was home that day I would have rather had a boozy train-day to the game in Wick anyway..

Will miss the ManU game but if I was home that day I would have rather had a boozy train-day to the game in Wick anyway..

I know it will have happened in the Highland League days - but I love the idea of County fans heading North for a game :)

Motherwell will be able to afford more than us, and Adams has been in the press registering his distaste for/surprise at players pricing themselves out of deals. I'm taking it Vigurs agent came in far too high and played hardball, so we told him to f**k off. I'd like us to have made an offer to test the water, but we were maybe told that would never be enough? No matter, I'm sure the reasons are there, so I'm happy enough. Disappointed to lose him, but happy enough to trust there are good reasons for it.

Interesting re- Brittain, see what happens next.

On an unrelated note, I was tidying up the FM14 Ross County staff file the other week and noticed that Andrea Mei was with the squad. That was a rumour that failed to materialise in January, wasn't it?

Don't remember that at all. The only deal that fell through in January was a striker that we were extremely keen on, but didn't get international clearance in time.

The Mustafi guy, right?

Must have just been an admin error on their side.

Not sure. I never had a name confirmed to me, but it was at the same time as that rumour was doing the rounds.

On an unrelated note, I was tidying up the FM14 Ross County staff file the other week and noticed that Andrea Mei was with the squad. That was a rumour that failed to materialise in January, wasn't it?

I noticed that when I was playing the game a few weeks ago. He's quite good too!

Edited by staggy4life

Aye he was a cracking prospect but now he can't even get a game for the Ross County fans team... :P

Maybe I just need a pair of those yellow bad touch boots you wear.