The General Ross County Chat Thread

A win in the city and Uncle Roy is back on the airwaves.

I've missed hearing from him these past few months.

Its lovely that things have moved on from his outrageous "local players" comments and he really must be congratulated for funding the latest influx of incomers.

A win in the city and Uncle Roy is back on the airwaves.

I've missed hearing from him these past few months.

Its lovely that things have moved on from his outrageous "local players" comments and he really must be congratulated for funding the latest influx of incomers.

And me you, welcome back.

What woke you up and poked you in the eye with a s****y stick, I wonder? :lol:

On trail, seems very similar to Slew to me.

Centre back and right sided midfielder would be my preference

Boyd/MacLean have improved considerably as a centre back pairing. I'd opt for a RB first, someone who can kick a ball properly. Kovacevic's distribution is dire at the best of times. Gordon played quite well at RB on Saturday, but I can't imagine it'd be a comfortable position for him to hold long term.

Boyd/MacLean have improved considerably as a centre back pairing. I'd opt for a RB first, someone who can kick a ball properly. Kovacevic's distribution is dire at the best of times. Gordon played quite well at RB on Saturday, but I can't imagine it'd be a comfortable position for him to hold long term.

Saunders is my choice at RB and I feel he can solid enough.

When McLean was hobbling early on and Micic was warming up I feared the worst. CB cover is more important

Saunders is my choice at RB and I feel he can solid enough.

When McLean was hobbling early on and Micic was warming up I feared the worst. CB cover is more important

Idk, I remember thinking Saunders looked an extremely dodgy RB earlier in the season, e.g. vs Hasselbaink in Perth. Bringing in a RB would still leave us with CB cover in the form of Saunders & dare I say it, Micic.

We're unlikely to be looking for cover at RB when both Kovacevic and Saunders are at the club, surely? Granted neither are at peak fitness/available just now, but even then Gordon managed on Saturday and Kettlewell's played (fairly poorly, admittedly) there before.

I wonder how much longer Micic will be with us - his contract must be until the end of the season? Having not earned a regular starting place in a defence as leaky as ours up until now must mean he's odds-on to be released in the summer.

Defensive cover is likely still a priority , but with MacGregor saying "two or three" at the weekend it wouldn't be crazy to think we could be looking at a second forward. The current lot haven't been prolific, even if how we've been playing up until now has influenced that. I can see the case for a new player at right midfield with Sproule away, but I'd like to see more of Maatsen.

I can imagine Micic will be punted in the summer, he's just pretty mince in all honesty. Think we need another striker in case Slew gets injured. Luckassen coming on in the derby reminded me how little he offers compared to Slew, granted he didn't get that long. He could do with a loan spell in the 1st Division or something. Think we still are wee bit short at the back aswell, only Micic as a replacement at the moment..

I think Maclean has improved over the last four or five games from his showings at the start of the season. Micic I think has been worse than him in the games he has played, but unluckily hasn't got a string of games to show improvement. As cover Micic is fine, he can play numerous roles in defence. There is no point paying another player money to offer the same cover.