The General Ross County Chat Thread

Byrne seems to be just over six feet tall. Judging from Youtube videos and comments elsewhere he is slow but knows how to attack the ball. An Irish Grant Munro.

Going by Spain's 44 point benchmark for hitting the top six, County would need another eight wins and a couple of draws from their remaining 12 fixtures. Even being very optimistic, I think six wins is the maximum that will happen and that's with a vast improvement in defence.

My pre-season prediction to myself of ICT being sixth and County seventh at the split is looking slightly more likely.

Edited by bunglebonce

A County legend will be back in some form in January. Only clue I can say at the moment...

Still no news on this yet. Last heard there was a dispute about the future transfer fee percentage.

Anyhoo I see Cliff Byrne has now officially left Oldham...

Still no news on this yet. Last heard there was a dispute about the future transfer fee percentage.

I did suspect it would be a difficult one to negotiate. What with compensation agreements and what-not.

Rumblings at the moment about the club looking at the possibility of bringing back standing to the Jailend. Would be delighted if it happened, hasn't been the same since the seats were put in.

It's not really rumblings, it was a direct quote from Roy suggesting that he wants to do it at some point.

Going by Spain's 44 point benchmark for hitting the top six, County would need another eight wins and a couple of draws from their remaining 12 fixtures. Even being very optimistic, I think six wins is the maximum that will happen and that's with a vast improvement in defence.

I missed this first time around.

Here's an up to date copy:

Edit: correct version this time.

post-14733-0-19292200-1390220243_thumb.j

Edited by Spain

Taking bias into account, on current form it's not unrealistic to think that County could win 5/6 home games (which includes two derby games). However away trips to Celtic, Motherwell and St. Johnstone might make breaking into the top six too much of an ask. Still, I'll be delighted if the club finishes above 10th.