The General Ross County Chat Thread

Jeezo, just clicked Ketts isn't in the squad profile either. Hopefully a short-term thing until he recovers from his injury and gets a new contract?

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/ross-county/268734/kettlewell-must-prove-fitness-for-county-dealmanagers-challenge-after-surgery/

I know, pretty shocking to imagine.

But then there's no way our board would be awful enough to join with a larger southern club, for their own economic reasons, without consulting the fans. Especially unlikely the southern club would make all the decisions for us and regularly give us back less than we earned through transfer sales, match day revenue, etc. If that did happen, hopefully after a while the supporters would demand (by a vote or something?) that the big southern club allow us to make some decisions for ourselves, devolving those decisions, if you will. But with devolved decisions the big southern club would continue to make the major decisions for us, despite some of those being contradictory to what the majority of our supporter's groups regularly voted for. They would also likely continue to keep the majority of the income we earned, mislead the press about the value of our assets, and send their irrationally aggressive, and extremely highly paid "defender" to us as they wont keep him near their boardroom and supporters. All the while the big southern club haemorrhages money and gets involved in messy fights with foreign clubs.

What a fucking nightmare. Surely nothing so horrible could ever happen?

If it ever did, I really hope we'd tell the big southern club to f**k off and let us run the club ourselves.

EDIT: For those who don't appreciate the cathartic rant :ph34r:

Deek the beak!:

10524607_10202239972175971_1663601940120

I couldn't agree more, living within one's own means is where every team should be.

It'll be interesting to hear how the supposed trialists Jordi Balk and Ben Frempah do in the friendlies.

The Frempah footage of him as a youth player shows him being so much more powerful than his peers and that leaves a Marvin Andrews-esque impression on me. That is fine at youth level if he has developed quicker than the others, but now that he's in his late teens he still needs to fill out, judging from that photo of him earlier in the thread [and although I was delighted to believe he was Songo'o before, Songo'o proved his game isn't as much about physicality]. Even so, he's still big enough that I don't think there will be a problem with his jumping, heading or tackling, it'll be whether or not the rest of his game is up to it.

I haven't seen any footage of Balk.

Goodness knows who the full-backs will be. Maybe Saunders will be considered as the first-choice right-back, but I'm sure we'd all rather see a Miller/Cikos type who can bomb forward. I still don't recognise the #3 in the Jubilee photos.

Graham Carey is supposedly on trial with Kilmarnock, which is more logical to what we know of his circumstances than presuming he is still with the squad.

Edited by bunglebonce

That Frempah footage paints him as a no nonsense centre back, but one who's not afraid to take a touch and make a pass when appropriate. Could be promising if he can step up the levels.

Lazy copy from OTB:
Sorry I have no idea who the trialists were, hopefully one of the journos gets the names. Took some pics if they're decent I'll post them.

A good workout for the boys today, some looked a tad rusty but that's only to be expected, most of the work since coming back on Tuesday has just been running.
I couldn't care less what the results are in these games, means absolutely nothing.

Melvin and RB got 90mims, Cardle looked fit and sharp, him and Melvin were switching between left/right.
Jake Jervis looks a handful, I think he will link well with a fit Arquin (clearly not). Boycey wasn't on the bench so possibly injured or just not ready, let's see if he gets a shout on Tuesday.

Difficult to judge the trialists in a game like this, which is mostly frantic with a spirited Highland league team in your faces, on a bobbly pitch.
We started with a back 4 of trialists, LB No3 Trialist?, CB No5 Balk?, CB No6 Trialist and RB No2 Jimmy Fenlon?.

The CB's looked ok, I'm not sure about the RB though. The LB did ok.
We took on Boydy and another CB trialist (no19) Frempah? who I thought looked good, a couple of Songo'o-esque touches and even dribbled round a couple of players in the oppositions box.
Another trialist came on at LB No20 with thye hairdo. Looked ok.

One of our CB trialists (No5 Balk?) scored the equaliser, shot in after corner scramble.

Requero did fine, no chance with penalty (looked v soft).

I think Alasdair Fraser was there reporting so hopefully he gets the names.

Good exercise, on to Rothes.

ETA - the names that we think are relevant

Edited by StuartTaylor

County lose 2-1 against Wick.

4 trialists in defence with a further 2 in the squad.

We are currently in a mess at this point at of pre season. Derek needs to get it sorted over the next week.

It depends, some of these boys might be as good as signed up already. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Everybody loves a panic at this time of year, I just want info.

It depends, some of these boys might be as good as signed up already. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Everybody loves a panic at this time of year, I just want info.

That is why I said hopefully it is sorted in the next week. If they are signed or going to be surely it will be clearer by Friday.

I ain't one for panicking, but have 2 signed defenders seems to get me a little jumpy. Wine will sort it.

That is why I said hopefully it is sorted in the next week. If they are signed or going to be surely it will be clearer by Friday.

I ain't one for panicking, but have 2 signed defenders seems to get me a little jumpy. Wine will sort it.

Wine? I underestimated you good sir.

So from some of the pics from yesterday of trialists:

These ones from Gary Bisset on Twitter.

ewmf1.jpg

6 and 5 started as our centre backs. 6 gave away a pen with a rash challenge. 5 equalised with a shot after a cleared corned. 5 is Dutch someone said.

No.3 started as left back, Slovakian apparently.

64z0.jpg

Dude with the pony-tail started as right back, and was later replaced by Saunders.

z43t3.jpg

No20 came on as left back.

5svql.jpgqypl.jpgne82.jpg

No19 came on alongside Boyd at the back, and I thought looked pretty good.

Have some other pics on my phone, but probably no better than above.

Edited by StuartTaylor