The General Ross County Chat Thread

As fun as the guessing game is, it would have been good to have had the names on the teamsheet. Wick managed to have five trialists in their squad but gave names for them.

It matters not a jot how they perform in friendlies etc when Adams tinkers so much and won't know his best team for a while, but it at least gives saddos like me something to research ahead of the season.

It sounds like there was no sign of Mehdi Taouil then, which is a shame because I was really warming to the idea.

Sunday Mail.

"Wick 2 Ross County 1

DEREK ADAMS will decide soon if SIX mystery multinational trialists have a future at County after seeing them in action at Wick.

And he says the shock defeat wont count when it comes to assessing the six, all of them defenders. A Richard Macadie penalty put the Highland League side ahead before County trialist No.5 levelled soon after. Gary Weir then fired a deserved winner.

Adams said: It was good to take a look at the trialists who are from Holland, Belgium, Italy, France and England.

We need to improve defensively and well make decisions on these players pretty soon. Results dont matter at this stage as we dont have our strongest team yet. You are using players who may not be here at the start of the season.

Edited by StuartTaylor

I suppose we'll be getting accused of splashing the cash again regarding possible signing of these trialists.

From end of season we have lost/released:

Fraser
Gordon
Oikonomou
Songo'o
McLean
Cikos
Carey
Cooper
Tidser
Kiss
Slew

Glen

and added:
Reguero
Cardle
Jervis
Boyce

Have I missed any?

Edited by StuartTaylor

Neale Ardley sounds little a bit of a petulant wee knob. Pretty much slates the guy on the official site for not taking a pay cut.

“Jim had an option on his contract, which would have taken him up amongst the highest earners at the club,” said the Wimbledon manager. “This was an option that we felt we could not take up considering his form and attitude during the past 12 months."

Maybe he's just saying it as he sees it. Maybe he does have a poor attitude.

“Jim had an option on his contract, which would have taken him up amongst the highest earners at the club,” said the Wimbledon manager. “This was an option that we felt we could not take up considering his form and attitude during the past 12 months."

Maybe he's just saying it as he sees it. Maybe he does have a poor attitude.

Then why mention a reduced offer further on in the article? He implies one is linked to the other, which just seems like a cheap shot after the fact, to keep the fans onside.

I don't know. I'm not even sure what "poor attitude" means, really. It's the kind of thing we heard about Arquin and Carey, and other than the brief hiatus Arquin took, I can't fault his attitude at all.

I don't see the problem with what the Wimbledon manager said. Then again, I might be desensitised due to Ross County's own propaganda machine.

"Poor attitude" would most definitely include going absent without leave, in Arquin's case. His galavanting around the time of the Hearts match, when Adams had to resort to putting McLean up front, could have had big consequences for the club.