The General Ross County Chat Thread

Probably about as much truth in that as there was about the Ghanaian goalkeeper we were supposedly looking at in the summer.

Thought as much, doesn't fit in with the Community club look Ghandi Macgregor wants to uphold.

Edited by deldad7

Probably about as much truth in that as there was about the Ghanaian goalkeeper we were supposedly looking at in the summer.
That was from a HIGHLY reputable source.
Thought as much, doesn't fit in with the Community club look Ghandi Macgregor wants to uphold.
And every other chairman in Britain so far when it comes to signing a convicted rapist. Irrespective of my opinion of Evans or MacGregor id rather folk liken our chairman to Ghandi (regardless of how bitchy and random it appears) than to a rapist apologist.

Aye, replaced talented and physically imposing striker but uninterested, with wee goal-shy striker who works hard.

Great.

Hopefully his finishing isnt (even) worse than Arquin's... Admittedly that was all that was missing from Arquin's game when he was puttin a shift in. When he wasnt putting a shift in everything was missing from his game.

At least McIntyre has spotted this:

"The consistency levels are not there on a week-to-week basis," said McIntyre. "That's why we will be trying to improve the squad and help the players we have here to start picking up that momentum and consistency that's needed to pick up points on a regular basis."

Damn near every player in our squad is guilty of being massively inconsistent. This is why many of the players who seemed decent on paper were available outwith the window in the first place IMO. Woods, Quinn etc. just aren't consistent enough.

God knows where we go from here.

Aye, replaced talented and physically imposing striker but uninterested, with wee goal-shy striker who works hard.Great.Hopefully his finishing isnt (even) worse than Arquin's... Admittedly that was all that was missing from Arquin's game when he was puttin a shift in. When he wasnt putting a shift in everything was missing from his game.

Arquin was our best striker. I've never seen this Curran bloke, so he may be even better. But we've now got no flair players at all, other than Dingwall. We deserve relegation.

Its strange how theres no consistency considering the entire squad is changed every six months. A total head scratcher that one

Arquin was our best striker. I've never seen this Curran bloke, so he may be even better. But we've now got no flair players at all, other than Dingwall. We deserve relegation.

He's not. He's our most talented striker (or was). That doesn't translate to best when your work ethic is non-existant. Boyce had far more of an impact on Thursday than Arquin had.

We are going down either way. Let's at least go down with a team of grafters. It's easier to watch a pish team if there's at least a little honest endeavour in there.

Still think McIntyre was a strange appointment. County looked totally save able. Decent outfit despite the revolving door that you lot seem to operate.

McIntyre is the type of manager that'll have you playing a good style of football in the Championship but simply out of his depth in the top flight and so he's proving.

Suppose it doesn't help having Dodds as his assistant though.

Still think McIntyre was a strange appointment. County looked totally save able. Decent outfit despite the revolving door that you lot seem to operate.

McIntyre is the type of manager that'll have you playing a good style of football in the Championship but simply out of his depth in the top flight and so he's proving.

Suppose it doesn't help having Dodds as his assistant though.

He's not. He's our most talented striker (or was). That doesn't translate to best when your work ethic is non-existant. Boyce had far more of an impact on Thursday than Arquin had.

We are going down either way. Let's at least go down with a team of grafters. It's easier to watch a pish team if there's at least a little honest endeavour in there.

Work ethic is not the issue. It's creativity. Arquin doesn't work any less than Boyce or Carey, say, yet he gets singled out. A team full of grafters would be no more likely to stay up and be brutal to watch. A team full of Dunfields. That's what we're getting with McIntyre. That squad shouldn't be bottom of the league as is.

It's been a long time since Arquin showed creativity to any effect. Long before McIntyre was in charge, too. Having seen him 14 times this season, my enduring memory of him will be of needlessly and repeatedly falling off-side, some game-changing misses and a nostalgic recollection of him at one time looking like he could be a long-term hero.

"A team of Dunfields" is a rubbish generalisation. A team set up with a reactive strategy did well at Celtic; McIntyre made a mistake in sticking with the same team against ICT. Derek Adams would have done exactly the same thing. Dunfield has made three starts. He isn't good enough technically, that was obvious before he signed, but you can't paint McIntyre's time here with that small-detail brush. If you think I'm taking it too literally, more often than not McIntyre has been deliberate in playing with three attacking midfielders and/or wingers behind a striker. Sometimes, McIntyre has been too bold with his selection. They do miss a playmaker, absolutely, but that's been a problem since pre-season. Curran doesn't look like a skillful player, but County badly need a striker to run off the shoulder - Arquin has been increasingly reluctant to do that after missing so many 1v1 chances over his time at the club.

The only thing I will agree on is that County do deserve to be relegated, on account of short-term fixes after short-term fixes and the lack of any long-term strategy evident in about four years.

Edited by bunglebonce

Work ethic is not the issue. It's creativity. Arquin doesn't work any less than Boyce or Carey, say, yet he gets singled out. A team full of grafters would be no more likely to stay up and be brutal to watch. A team full of Dunfields. That's what we're getting with McIntyre. That squad shouldn't be bottom of the league as is.

I don't want to watch a team full of Dunfields, but that would be preferable to a team full of Arquins. At the moment those look like the two options. Give me hoofball with some graft over objectively better players who are infuriatingly inconsistent. Let's be honest, the end result will be the same.

I don't want to watch a team full of Dunfields, but that would be preferable to a team full of Arquins. At the moment those look like the two options. Give me hoofball with some graft over objectively better players who are infuriatingly inconsistent. Let's be honest, the end result will be the same.

Probably.

I don't see the situation as fatal though. County could sign a genuinely quality right back and a creative midfielder, and get out of this mess.

Godspeed Tony Dingwall though. And Darren Maatsen perhaps.

I think I was one of the few who felt Arquin actually was at his best this season at RW. If he'd had the chance to play there with Boyce up top instead of Jervis, some of his delightful balls in would have handed Boyce some goals on a silver platter.

I think I was one of the few who felt Arquin actually was at his best this season at RW. If he'd had the chance to play there with Boyce up top instead of Jervis, some of his delightful balls in would have handed Boyce some goals on a silver platter.

I'd like to see County play both Boyce and Jervis against Dundee. Stick Maatsen wide right and play 4-4-2 and have a right go.

Wind your neck in, you've had it in for McIntyre since he was appointed.