The General Ross County Chat Thread

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild to think your squad is still better than ours.

Looking forward to repeatedly switching between 11th and 12th with youse again.

Wait, no I'm not.

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Wild to think your squad is still better than ours.

Charlie Telfer seems like a lovely guy.  I think he’s actually a shrewd move, if he’s regarded as a more effective version of Callachan.   If he’s expected to be Dhanda it’s a woeful state of affairs.  

Can’t be half as bad as Turner though.  

I think this idea that we need to “replace” Dhanda is wrong. 

For starters, finding a creative midfielder better than him with our budget and operating in the markets we shop in are slim to none. Also, when Dhanda didn’t play well, County didn’t play well. I’d far rather have a spread balance of creativity throughout the team rather than forcing everything through one midfielder.

3 hours ago, Sonam said:

We need a Karim Boukraa type player

Do I want a County player to beat three men then fall over his own feet?

Yes, yes, I do.

2 hours ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

How did you all rate Josh Sims and has he left? Only asking as I thought he always looked decent any time I seen him which wasn’t often but didn’t seem to be a regular starter. 

Nothing has been said if he is staying or going, I’d rather he stayed as he’s a useful squad player. He had a better time of it this year than last year but was still very much in and out of the team, he definitely has his uses though

1 minute ago, Rcfc fan said:

Nothing has been said if he is staying or going, I’d rather he stayed as he’s a useful squad player. He had a better time of it this year than last year but was still very much in and out of the team, he definitely has his uses though

Like Murray, he’s not been at training for the last two weeks so I assume he’s away. 

Josh's family live down south, I expect some players have been given a little extra time at home. 

Sims isn't in it for the money so the suggestion that Hibs are going to whip him away for a fiver more a game isn't happening. He may leave for a team closer to home. But if he leaves County I doubt we'll see him in Scottish football again. 

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

Do I want a County player to beat three men then fall over his own feet?

Yes, yes, I do.

Doesn't matter as much the exact position, a Billy Ferries/Chris Summerville/Gordon Connelly, grown up on entertaining football. It will be a struggle sometimes, but we need some quality. There is time, proper good scouting and some patience. It's possible, without I must admit I'd be fearing relegation tbh

8 hours ago, Riz said:

Josh's family live down south, I expect some players have been given a little extra time at home. 

Sims isn't in it for the money so the suggestion that Hibs are going to whip him away for a fiver more a game isn't happening. He may leave for a team closer to home. But if he leaves County I doubt we'll see him in Scottish football again. 

Hibs linked with sims? Be a bit of a bizarre one that as he’s not set the heather alight

13 hours ago, DunkeldRoad01 said:

How did you all rate Josh Sims and has he left? Only asking as I thought he always looked decent any time I seen him which wasn’t often but didn’t seem to be a regular starter. 

I liked Sims. He very rarely featured in his natural position; left hand side of a front 3. He tended to play in the hole or just off a striker for us. However, he’s so small giving him a good centre of gravity making him very tough to take off the ball. Extremely nippy and is also a grafter as well. Definitely missed that quality final ball at us but if a more positive team takes him on I can see him taking his game to the next level (if he can stay injury free). 

18 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Charlie Telfer seems like a lovely guy.  I think he’s actually a shrewd move, if he’s regarded as a more effective version of Callachan.   If he’s expected to be Dhanda it’s a woeful state of affairs.  

Can’t be half as bad as Turner though.  

Isn't Callachan a high energy, run around kicking people type sadly let down by not being much of a footballer?  That's pretty much the opposite of Telfer, who is actually a very nice footballer but slow and weak and won't contribute anything defensively. At least that's what he was like when he was at United.

Just now, Pull My Strings said:

Isn't Callachan a high energy, run around kicking people type sadly let down by not being much of a footballer?  That's pretty much the opposite of Telfer, who is actually a very nice footballer but slow and weak and won't contribute anything defensively. At least that's what he was like when he was at United.

This is what I thought about Telfer too.

He needs holding playmaker behind him  and then an industrious ball winner beside him, so he can float about looking good on the ball.

I feel like some players at Airdrie might look better than they are because of their system/set up.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

He needs holding playmaker behind him  and then an industrious ball winner beside him, so he can float about looking good on the ball.

I feel like some players at Airdrie might look better than they are because of their system/set up.

Yeah, Telfer seemed a pretty perfect fit for the way Airdrie play. County not so much.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

29 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Yeah, Telfer seemed a pretty perfect fit for the way Airdrie play. County not so much.

That sounds like exactly what County need 👍

I'd trust Cowie to recognise the traits of a midfielder.