The General Ross County Chat Thread

Looks handy enough, if a bit unproven at senior level. Scored a nice goal against Boreham Wood in a preseason friendly. Don’t know if striker is really a priority position at the moment, especially after Hale coming in? Might not even happen tbf and this will all be academic!

13 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I’ve got a lot of sources some reliable and some hit or miss. 1 data analysis/recruitment agency. Another is a scout. One is an agent and one gets his info when he’s at hospitality for his team. The agent says players to gather interest in his. 

It can’t be Gomes sorry as he’s got a new team.It must be another Gomes and I’ll ask my friend when I see him to confirm who it was. I Googled Gomes Spanish 2nd division but it can’t be him.

The Watford Loan will definitely happen.

I hope it’s Carlos Mendes Gomes of Morecambe and or Bolton. 

The Watford striker seems…. Superfluous.  

Edited by Savage Henry

45 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I hope it’s Carlos Mendes Gomes of Morecambe.   

The Watford striker seems…. Superfluous.  

If he is coming from Morecambe then he must be 100 x better than the players we already have, so would be a quality signing!

29 minutes ago, central staggie said:

Grieves confirmed. Attacker/midfielder by all accounts.

Hell of a lot of pressure on that young man, as there’s zero creativity anywhere else.  

A winger and a centre midfielder please, Santa. 

26 minutes ago, Stub Acme said:

Interesting they call him an attacking mid, everything I can find about him previously suggests he’s a pure number 9

My hope is the young lad is a creative midfielder who can also  play wide but,  more importantly, can double up as a central defender .

1 hour ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think you have a good chance of staying up. Another few midfielders and a centre back possibly.

Hale might be a good Murray replacement. Your manager is better than others in the league.

I like you, peebles_Dee.

18 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

I think you have a good chance of staying up. Another few midfielders and a centre back possibly.

Hale might be a good Murray replacement. Your manager is better than others in the league.

I think Don Cowie while inexperienced, 'has it' as a football manager. I wouldn't be surprised if another relegation battle happened. However, easier this time "IF" it happens. County will stay up again.

18 hours ago, peebles_Dee said:

This is not a 'Dundee' love in ' You see back in Highland league "2 team days" (most County fans had one) Well I was a home&away Dundee United fan. Angus Arabs (when living Iim Aberdeen). Quit supporting United when County played them & lost in that cup final. Knew I was County through & through then...

Edited by Sonam
Spelling & Graeme

However (pebbles_Dee) For Dundee, if Murray doesn't get injured and his amazing positive attitude spreads across the team (think it could). I think Dundee will be  a very entertaining team to watch.

3rd or more realistically 4th place is possible as long as Heart, Hibs and Abereen continue their inconsistent form. Which I think they will...

European dreams too perhaps. Will be watching Dundee' results with interest. Simon Murray forever County Legend and hope he gets even better with Dundee.

Steady on.  He scored 20 odd goals and seems a nice fella.  That’s as far as it goes.  

Another instantly forgettable ex-County player, the wee winger we had on loan from Southampton, who was utterly honking, is playing against Kilmarnock on the telly right now.