The General Ross County Chat Thread

When we call a big marquee signing, we expect Nisbet and get Robbie Muirhead.

On holiday in Tenerife just now. Met a big lad from Belfast on the bus to the water park with the kids. A Rangers supporter and quick to tell me so (he was an Ulster gammon stereotype so it wasn’t exactly Miss Marple territory). He saw my Ross County shorts and told me we wrecked their title hopes. Did you see my smile back home…? 

25 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

On holiday in Tenerife just now. Met a big lad from Belfast on the bus to the water park with the kids. A Rangers supporter and quick to tell me so (he was an Ulster gammon stereotype so it wasn’t exactly Miss Marple territory). He saw my Ross County shorts and told me we wrecked their title hopes. Did you see my smile back home…? 

That Ross County 3 Rangers 2 match, to me was as good as winning a cup final! To be the actual destroyers of an old firm league campaign. It was over after that! What a day!

30 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Lance Barber Comedy GIF by CBS

On 29/07/2024 at 09:39, ImissOverTheBridge said:

Wee interview Sky did with the Cowie brothers 

I enjoyed that snippet.  Paul was a superb player at a young age, County just never had the infrastructure they had in place at the time of Don’s breakthrough.  Paul used to pop up in the papers in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup as he played for non league clubs when he was at uni.

Paul played in the Dingwall academy team that won the schools Scottish Cup, and also the Contin side that won the Highland Amateur cup.  Big brother Graeme played in both of those wins too.

24 minutes ago, Loki said:

I enjoyed that snippet.  Paul was a superb player at a young age, County just never had the infrastructure they had in place at the time of Don’s breakthrough.  Paul used to pop up in the papers in the early rounds of the Scottish Cup as he played for non league clubs when he was at uni.

Paul played in the Dingwall academy team that won the schools Scottish Cup, and also the Contin side that won the Highland Amateur cup.  Big brother Graeme played in both of those wins too.

So did I, what a team. Paul was a very steady centre half.

(I was pretty average at best but a great team)

Noah Chilvers has signed from Colchester United. I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him, but Charles-Cook made the same move and did alright for himself. He will hopefully fill the void left in behind the striker.

Squad is starting to take shape. 

47 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Noah Chilvers has signed from Colchester United. I have absolutely no idea what to expect from him, but Charles-Cook made the same move and did alright for himself. He will hopefully fill the void left in behind the striker.

He looks good 🤩🤞

Sounds good too. Colchester were clearly looking to keep him.

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/news/24431833.colchester-united-boss-danny-cowley-noah-chilvers-future/

Edited by Sensible Soccer🏴

33 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

No he didn’t! What a twat! 

As you can tell from the user name, I'm a Colchester supporter. Thought you might like a few words about Noah.

Give him a chance and you have a real player. He's lost his way a bit in the last season or so but he has real drive from midfield and an eye for goal.

He's a number 10. He'll work back when necessary but all his good work is done going the other way.

Good luck for the season and look after him. He's been here since he was nine so probably needs the change of scene.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

With 222 games under his belt at the age of 23 I don’t think anyone can question his ability to stay fit.

To be fair, that’s fewer than ten a year.  

Seriously though, he sounds like a bit of a pler.