The General Ross County Chat Thread

I may well be wrong, but with Irvine on loan from Celtic already, does that not exclude County from loaning any more of their players. Or is Irvine offski?

The BBC say "Celtic defender Marcus Fraser, who spent the first half of the season with Cowdenbeath, could join Ross County after the 20-year-old trained with the Dingwall outfit. (Daily Express, print edition)".

So they dont specify its on loan.

I'm also pretty sure Celtic have released him already.

So it would be a signing, if the trial and talks were successful.

I trawl a lot of lower league highlights footage for research for THHP and keep a note of what players stand out/look terrible. It's not a great way of judging defenders' all-round abilities, but most Cowdenbeath highlights have them defending.

I haven't watched every video with Cowdenbeath but of the few I've seen, Fraser has only made one obvious mistake: in a 0-6 drubbing to Falkirk, he was made to look silly by overstretching to a Craig Sibbald through ball to Alex Cooper that he was never going to get, leaving a big gap for Cooper to shoot (with a brilliant swerved shot into the corner from the edge of the box, I should say). Other than that, defensive mistakes have come from his colleagues.

I trawl a lot of lower league highlights footage for research for THHP and keep a note of what players stand out/look terrible. It's not a great way of judging defenders' all-round abilities, but most Cowdenbeath highlights have them defending.

I haven't watched every video with Cowdenbeath but of the few I've seen, Fraser has only made one obvious mistake: in a 0-6 drubbing to Falkirk, he was made to look silly by overstretching to a Craig Sibbald through ball to Alex Cooper that he was never going to get, leaving a big gap for Cooper to shoot (with a brilliant swerved shot into the corner from the edge of the box, I should say). Other than that, defensive mistakes have come from his colleagues.

Noticed him before and he's always looked quite good. Didn't realise Celtic were going to let him go (if they are?).

I may well be wrong, but with Irvine on loan from Celtic already, does that not exclude County from loaning any more of their players. Or is Irvine offski?

After Dundee complained last season, they changed it so you can sign two from one club.

Thanks BB, feel quite good about this guy, albeit it is very early days regarding him even signing with us, never mind him proving capable. Thanks also for the Cooper tangent! Will always have a soft spot for him.

On the basis that every trialist in the last year (that the public become aware of) has gone on to sign for the club, I reckon he's as good as signed. I think that I hope I'm wrong.

I thought McIntyre was moving the team away from players like that who lack experience. 20-odd minutes for ICT doesn't count.

We've been spoiled in the past with the impact and glamour of Oikonomou, Sproule, Hainault, Kiss etc.

I just want Paul Lawson back.

Edited by bunglebonce

He's played just over 23 minutes for us since he signed back in October. I don't know if he feature for the "Development Squad" or not. He looked quite unfit to begin with but that improved with training however he didn't really seem to be aware of where to run and when though that would, you'd hope, get better with regular game time. Whether County can afford to give him the prolonged run in the team he may just need to get going is unlikely.

Was hoping that the Sekajja stuff was a wind-up. Was looking forward to January as I thought we'd sign players who could save our season. However Curran and Sekajja are not improvements on the strikers already at the club and certainly won't keep us up, hope that McIntyre will take in 3 or 4 players that can actually make us a better team but I doubt it.

Michael Tidser? Any good? We're being linked.

Aye, good tidy player. Good passer who also has a bit of creativity in him and holds his position well (usually centre mid). Very left-footed, but its a good left foot! Can shoot from distance and take set pieces too. Not a very dynamic player at all, but I rate him and would take him back at County.

Aye, good tidy player. Good passer who also has a bit of creativity in him and holds his position well (usually centre mid). Very left-footed, but its a good left foot! Can shoot from distance and take set pieces too. Not a very dynamic player at all, but I rate him and would take him back at County.

I would imagine he and Woods would be a bit too similar, unless Woods can play wider.

I would imagine he and Woods would be a bit too similar, unless Woods can play wider.

Was goin to add that to my post, but got distracted by curry. I think Woods can play both wider and further forward., but on the whole maybe too similar. Would still be happy to see Tidser back though, not many left-sided forward players, most stronger on their right, so could move woods or carey forward? Im being greedy.

Given the Vigurs rumours though (fallout with new boss, girlf wanting to move back north) id rather him than Tidser. But cant see 'Well releasing him from his contract 6 months early to a relegation rival.

f**k it, get Carey, Woods and Tidser together, then pick up Vigurs. Play 4-6-0 or whatever Spain play with Fabregas as false #9, using Kiss in that role and Maatsen wide right for some pace in the team.