The General Ross County Chat Thread

Looking forward to pre-season already.

With Sports Scientist Ross Hughes I'm sure all the players will have strict plans to follow, not that they didn't under Adams, but Yoann Arquin and his pot-belly in Wick was a bit worrying.

Players used to moan/joke about pre-season and endless running around the Jubilee under Adams, maybe that's why we never started playing football until January..

So what's the latest on Irvine? Did Celtic actually offer him a contract or not? I see he's back in Australia now, presumably only for visiting family or the like during the summer break (don't think there's any Olyroos fixtures), but I assume his agent will still be on top of any dealings.

I wouldn't automatically assume Graham to start in front of Curran. Curran has merited his continuity and should still be a strong competitor for a starting place.

Of course, but there are only two starting spots for the strikers at most. I actually think Curran will continue to prove that he fits the system best, but it wouldn't be surprising to see Graham used with Boyce at the start.

Edited by bunglebonce

I am one happy clapper. Surely we have a better season ahead of us than the one that's just finished?

Mostly unrelated, but I discovered this yesterday, hadn't seen it before. I mean, I was AT the game, and have of course seen highlights, but not seen this on youtube, and don't think I'd ever seen the little introductory highlight reel. Those are some fantastic memories, I was lucky enough to be around for most of that cup run. The bit at the starts features a fair bit of Mr Gardyne, and again reminds of how much he has contibuted over the years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctpkQkZl4Bw

(I notice it was loaded by "thesherrif" - that you by any chance, Bunnell?

(I notice it was loaded by "thesherrif" - that you by any chance, Bunnell?

The very same. I don't put much thought into my online aliases.

I was going through some old SD cards a few weeks back and found that video. I'm quite surprised it hasn't been taken down by the SFA yet.

Yeah, thanks SJB. I watched it through recently when ST tweeted it.

Talking of Twitter, Div on his P&B Twitter account has tweeted that Woods has joined Shrewsbury, but I don't see anything else on Twitter about it.

https://twitter.com/pieandbov/status/603528580585361408

ETA Martin Dowden is tweeting it too, that he will join subject to a medical.

McShane is as direct a replacement as you can get.

Edited by bunglebonce

Fantastic. Had my doubts whether we'd manage to get Midge or not, was hoping Boydy would stay. On and up!

That's great news on Midge and Boyd :)

I'd really like Paul Quinn to sign up now too as I think his organisation and communication helped sort us out at the back, anyone heard anything regarding Paul?

Yeah I saw the Woods bit aswell but couldn't find anything. Seems it's not confirmed yet as it's still subject to a medical but seems a done deal. I'm not overly fussed to be honest, I don't rate Woods anywhere near as much as others do.

So now I think we're at:

Signed:
Marcus Fraser
Jamie Reckord

Scott Boyd

+ Ian McShane

Rocco Quinn

Tony Dingwall
Raffaele De Vita

Michael Gardyne
Liam Boyce
Craig Curran
+ Brian Graham
Kyle Macleod

Offered:
Paul Quinn
Steven Ross

Gone:

Mark Brown
Antonio Reguero
Darren Barr

Cammy Burgess (loan expired)
Ben Frempah
Abdoulaye Meite
Steven Saunders
Richard Brittain

Martin Woods

Filip Kiss (loan expired)
Jackson Irvine (loan expired - still interested)
Terry Dunfield
Ruben Palazuelos
Joe Cardle
Graham Carey
Jake Jervis
Darvydas Sernas

Edited by Spain

Arabest to Midge on resigning for The Staggies on a 2 year deal shame it didn't work out at Tannadice but best of luck to him :thumsup2

Edited by GFARAB82

Must admit I was a bit skeptical when Gardyne came back, as he didn't seem to do it for Dundee United or Killie, but he just seems to fit right in here and I'm delighted he's staying.

As for Woods, I'm with Spain on that one. He's not a bad player, a very much confidence player at that, but he can go posted missing all too often and we can probably do better.