The General Ross County Chat Thread

I can live with the departures of Saunders, Sernas, Meite, Dunfield, Palazuelos, Cardle, Reguero, and Brown.

I can just about cope with the departures of Carey and Jervis.

I have lost my shit over the departures of Brittain and Frempah.

I think the only two of the freed players you could state a case for would be Brittain and Frempah. Frempah started to look very good, but you could see he was still raw and had lots of potential. He probably couldn't justify a big wage, and he can't hardly stay up here on one of the smaller ones.

Brittain I am gutted about. He didn't really get to show this season what he was about. He delayed an operation to carry on filling in at right back and he didn't excel. He is certainly better than Woods, but not as good as De Vita on the right hand side. Still think he had a lot to offer and hopefully he gets a club soon.

I can live with the departures of Saunders, Sernas, Meite, Dunfield, Palazuelos, Cardle, Reguero, and Brown.

I can just about cope with the departures of Carey and Jervis.

I have lost my shit over the departures of Brittain and Frempah.

Reasonable reaction.

Regarding Carey. Is it only me that has this memory: Carey was the one reliably quality player through most of our shite run from August to about December. I just thought he was carrying too much, doing it on his own. There was no team cohesion or belief, but Carey worked hard and put in some good crosses & other midfield creativity.

Reasonable reaction.

Regarding Carey. Is it only me that has this memory: Carey was the one reliably quality player through most of our shite run from August to about December. I just thought he was carrying too much, doing it on his own. There was no team cohesion or belief, but Carey worked hard and put in some good crosses & other midfield creativity.

I think I agree with that. I would prefer to see Carey stay as he offers something different to De Vita on the left-hand side. He's been unfairly berated by sections of the support this season.

I'm surprised to see both (Rocco) Quinn and Steven Ross staying ahead of Brittain.

Quite surprised but hopefully now they can focus on getting a few players brought in. Clearly what's needed firstly is a goalkeeper. For what it's worth, I think Mark Ridgers is a good shout. Was surprised to see Brown go, as I thought he may stay on in a coaching/backup role.

Is McGovern out of contract? He's arguably the best keeper we've ever had. Would take him back in a second.

I'm not fussed about Brittain other than for sentimental reasons. If they are serious about getting a bit of stability and tying down whoever comes in on two year deals, I can live with it. I'm assuming there are lingering injury concerns too.

If Gardyne and Irvine sign on permanently I'll be delighted.

Gutted to see so many off your fringe players punted.Made a fortune from them when they all started playing for theU20s.Fine results against Rangers,Motherwell and Hibs U20s I'm sure we're the pinnacles off their careers.

Cheers lads.

Is McGovern out of contract? He's arguably the best keeper we've ever had. Would take him back in a second.

If you go far enough back in the thread you'll find plenty who thought Reguero was as good as - if not better than - McGovern when the former signed. However, McGovern's stock is beyond Ross County's caché these days. Hamilton have signed Alan Martin from Clyde, another up and coming goalkeeper, so I wonder if McGovern will be away this summer to a bigger club.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was just one senior keeper coming in, with Peter Tait getting the benefit of Scott Thomson's coaching and the experience of 30+ games in the DL next season.

I'm not anywhere near as much of a fan of Ridgers as many Ross County fans seem to be on social media, I'd rather have Kello out of the two St Mirren 'keepers. Ridgers played well in the 3-0 and alright in the 1-2 but you just have to watch St Mirren's highlights from the last few months to see how many errors he's had. He could have done much better in the loss at Partick Thistle a few weeks ago, for instance. But I think there's a link with County there on a personal level so I can see it happening.

Edited by bunglebonce

But I'm sure Jim's got something better up his sleeve than that standard (I hope).

I think he must have something lined up. Brown and Reguero might not be great goalkeepers, but they're competent at this level and announcing their release at this stage would otherwise be regarded as foolhardy. The temptation would have been to have kept Brown on - as backup if someone better comes along, and first choice if they don't.

Edited by Forfinn