The General Ross County Chat Thread

Stuart Findlay on loan from us could be a decent option at CB. Young, tall and quick, he's done well in the Championship

I wouldn't be against that, he was excellent for Dumbarton. The management are trying to look longer term though.

Edited by bunglebonce

I wouldn't be against that, he was excellent for Dumbarton. The management are trying to look longer term though.

Although they're trying to look long term they shouldn't rule out loans to improve the squad. Apart from the super rich most teams use loanees to get quality that they can't afford. Clearly we're recruiting bottom six players, probably good enough to keep us safe and with a bit of luck squeezing into top six. One or two loan players could make the difference in quality to make top six more attainable.

Any news on Jackson Irvine? And does anyone know what the fee for McShane was?!

I saw the fee reported as being £25k.

We were reported to be looking at the defender Hartley a couple weeks ago, I think he was at Plymouth. Left sided centre half and looked decent.

I'm sure Quinn looking for a good pay day wouldn't come as too much of a surprise to McIntyre so I confident he a Billy will have sized up a few options, being able to get them though will be the hard thing.

True but I think we've arguably just bagged ourselves a better keeper...

Don't be coy, who's that? Have only heard that Scully is expected to step up, havent heard anyone linked yet (but wouldnt be surprised if you guys did bring someone in).

Edited by dingdong1929

Uncle Roy is arranging a "donation" for Cerny as I type.

I saw a rumour that Daniel Carmichael is joining Hibs. I'll settle for that if Jimbo gets Durnan.

At this stage we are looking at eight or nine new players (inc. Irvine) coming in to the squad of 21-22. Another goalkeeper; three or four defenders; a couple of central midfielders; and a couple of wide/attacking midfielders. The majority of which might likely be fringe players, maybe three or four will improve the first team.

Edited by bunglebonce

The agenda is all about off-the-pitch matters. I don't think there will be an impromptu unveiling of five players. It's great to see the chairman and others taking the supporters' experience seriously though.

There might not be much space for it in AOB, but I'd like to find out:-

* What the Ross County Foundation actually is.

* To what extent is the new scouting network in place and are we likely to see the fruits of that.

* How is the club going to flesh out the development team.

I've proposed the idea of an "Offshore season ticket". A season ticket where you can attend any 10 home games in a season as you'll obviously be unavailable for the rest due to work commitments. I think only Aberdeen have something similar at the moment where you have to either be in the offshore industry or emergency services to be eligible. I've not been a season ticket holder since I moved to Glasgow 7 years ago but I'd certainly buy one if this became available.

What is the pre-season likely to consist of this year? Was going to Holland purely a Derek Adams thing?

Hungary (training complex just outside Budapest), 12th - 19th July. No word on games or any more specifics than that though.

Hungary (training complex just outside Budapest), 12th - 19th July. No word on games or any more specifics than that though.

Budapest is the cheapest place in the world for me to fly to from where I am. Those dates, I could get there and back for 50 quid :thumsup2

...Shame I most likely won't be free :(

Hungary is an interesting and kind of unusual choice. Good one though, in my opinion - assuming they've found somewhere usefull for practising some football in addition to the 'nice place for a holiday' aspect.

Budapest is the cheapest place in the world for me to fly to from where I am. Those dates, I could get there and back for 50 quid :thumsup2

...Shame I most likely won't be free :(

Hungary is an interesting and kind of unusual choice. Good one though, in my opinion - assuming they've found somewhere usefull for practising some football in addition to the 'nice place for a holiday' aspect.

Dundee went there last season and Hartley raved about the standard of facilities. Think we are going back this year.

Could be a totally different place of course