The General Ross County Chat Thread

18 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Could it be? 

It took him until April to accept we won't make the top 6. Probably take him until July to work out we're in a relegation dogfight.

We're fucked.

55 minutes ago, SteakpieStaggie said:

How about that "McIntyre out" banner last night, cringe. Embarrassing stuff that.

Why exactly is that embarrassing? 

Hope Jim O'Brien is giving a harsh talking to for that dive. On top of it just being shitty behaviour, it's spectacularly stupid to do when you've already been booked.

1 hour ago, SteakpieStaggie said:

How about that "McIntyre out" banner last night, cringe. Embarrassing stuff that.

We've progressed to an actual banner, following someone holding an A4 sheet of paper with "Smith must go" in 2005.

According to Tyrone at STV, Marcus Fraser has signed up for another year.  There was ambiguity about how long he had left on his contract, which I think Forfinn sussed out was due to an error on the official site's date-stamping.  I think we can make the assumption that his contract will now expire next summer.

Some thoughts:

• Why only one year?  Is it a desire by Marcus to freely move on if he feels he needs a new challenge by the end of his fourth season here?  Or is it a club decision? If it's the latter then it goes against the longer-term strategy that has been attempted in the last couple of years.
  • Whether Fraser left this summer or goes later there won't be any development compo due, because he turns 23 this summer.
  • Fraser and Naismith were born two days apart.

Edited by bunglebonce

17 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

• Fraser and Naismith were born two days apart.

I double checked that. I couldn't believe Naismith was younger as he looks about ten years older than him.

Jimbo's comments in the press today suggest the one-year extension is more due to Fraser's ambition.  Which is fair enough.  Fraser probably still has a good amount of untapped potential that will come with more experience, but I don't know what the market will be for a 6' defender who mostly plays right-back but wants to play centre-back.

Given how well Naismith has adjusted into the team, I would be happy to see more of the Davies + Fraser combo until the end of the season and possibly into next. 

Edited by bunglebonce

Forgive me for asking in two different places, but can anyone say with 100% certainty where EXACTLY the Development League game v Hibs is being played tomorrow evening? I.e. Inside the stadium, or out back on a training pitch? (From a potential spectator point of view, my main interest is: Sitting or standing?)

I thank you.

Development side so close to winning the league, great work all round. Only two more games to play, would be another fine achievement.

Oscar nomination mooted for Lexi Schalk.

A ref's explanation for how Schalk achieved an unmerited penalty. Probably written to settle the seething "anti-Celtic conspiracy" types - whom Mjalby has also today asked to calm down. 

Various explanations of angles etc and ...

"Added to all of this is Schalk’s dive itself. Without meaning to praise a blatant act of cheating, the Dutchman times his tumble perfectly as he goes past Sviatchenko, and even flicks his left boot inward (also visible in Image One), like it’s been forcefully pushed in that direction by that of an opposing defender."

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/why-the-referee-awarded-ross-county-a-penalty-against-celtic-1-4421616

Oscar nomination mooted for Lexi Schalk.

A ref's explanation for how Schalk achieved an unmerited penalty. Probably written to settle the seething "anti-Celtic conspiracy" types - whom Mjalby has also today asked to calm down. 
Various explanations of angles etc and ...
"Added to all of this is Schalk’s dive itself. Without meaning to praise a blatant act of cheating, the Dutchman times his tumble perfectly as he goes past Sviatchenko, and even flicks his left boot inward (also visible in Image One), like it’s been forcefully pushed in that direction by that of an opposing defender."
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/why-the-referee-awarded-ross-county-a-penalty-against-celtic-1-4421616

No offence to the two Craigs, but that's yet more evidence why the Scotsman is increasingly unreadable.

Jonathan Wilson absolutely ruined sports journalism.