The General Ross County Chat Thread

11 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I reckon the lure of the Chinese megabucks will be too much if a decent Championship side doesn't come in for him at the end of the season.

10 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Uncle Roy can outbid any of those foreign chumps.

Gonna let you guys in on a wee secret...

Spoiler

1l3moo.gif.7f576f750b3b80b8c94d44096dbc1c75.gif

20 minutes ago, Staggie_93 said:

It should of course be remembered that Steve Evans is the sort of fat bawbag who refers to himself in third party and therefore has a brassneck calling someone else big-headed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Boomer might get a chance to make that left back place his own. Van Der Weg looks to be on his way out.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/789762/dutch-star-kenny-van-der-weg-ready-to-quit-ross-county-after-struggling-to-settle-in-the-highlands/

McIntyre also in the press saying he's targeting 9 points from next 3 games to nick a top 6 place.

Spoiler

:lol:

21 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Looks like Boomer might get a chance to make that left back place his own. Van Der Weg looks to be on his way out.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/789762/dutch-star-kenny-van-der-weg-ready-to-quit-ross-county-after-struggling-to-settle-in-the-highlands/

McIntyre also in the press saying he's targeting 9 points from next 3 games to nick a top 6 place.

Reveal hidden contents

So, the hunt is on to find his replacement. It won't be that easy to find someone who can secure a first team place by being regularly caught out of position.

21 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I saw on Twitter he is saying that his comments have been mistranslated.

I wonder what parts he feels were mistranslated, given he said 'most' of it was, and not all.
(I may be reading into that too much given his limited English, as already noted.)
My dwindling backing of McIntyre would come to an end if he really has offered Kenny a two-year extension. He's been a steady performer this season but warranting of another two years? Not a chance.

My guess is the two-year offer was not one of the mistranslated parts.

Well, no clearly this is what he said (according to Google translate which is the gold standard for translation)

Ten years ago they played together in the youth of NAC Breda, today they try to keep together Ross County degradation: Alex Schalk (24) and Kenny van der Weg (26, photo).

In the new VI them stories about their adventures Scotland, where football is fairly primitive, but also exhausting. Schalk is happy with every throw, because he can count a few breath. Van der Weg should after contests' to the oxygen. Yet they enjoy in Scotland. Van der Weg praises the stadiums. "With each throw you pluck the ball out of the hands of a supporter, which I really like."

The Dutch have grown quickly become beloved players in Ross County. Schalk shot The Staggies last season to the final victory in the battle for the League Cup and signed Saturday during the derby with Inverness Caledonian Thistle (1-1) for the seventeenth goal since his arrival and a half years ago. Van der Weg must have other qualities. In Scotland toiled and slammed the burly defender to cult status. He rarely unscathed from a match, the former construction worker takes the bargain. Just arrived in Scotland rammed an opponent a tooth from his mouth. "I can not complain, because I do it myself. Handing out and collecting, as it should be. "

Thanks Schalk van der Weg playing in Scotland. "I was sure that Kenny would fit perfectly here. With his charisma, his style of football. Just pop and go for it. Hard work, which find beautiful Scots. Everyone loves Kenny. "

NAC
The two comrades, opposites, and in the Highlands sometimes a little buddies. They long for family, friends, stew and carnival. And NAC. If the club takes office in the Jupiler League, are in Scotland two former players fraternally for the laptop. The NAC policies they can not follow. Schalk: "It feels to me like the pipe for grabs throw the values of the club. With all the mercenaries, with the departure of all group of people in recent years. "

But what they are missing in the remote countryside stadium hat club Ross County atmosphere of Breda. Once they want to play for NAC together. Van der Weg is prepared to pay dues.

Read the full report on the Scottish adventure of Alex Schalk and Kenny van der Weg in this week and VI

On 29/03/2017 at 12:22, Staggie_93 said:

As one of Boomer's biggest advocates in the last 18 months:

Unlikely and not on current form at Forfar, if their excellent highlights service is anything to go by.  He could be standing out in that team in an attacking sense but isn't (Bollan has plenty other good options going forward so he isn't the main man like in the u20s for set-pieces, he tends to be the last man back at corners for instance... but he could still be offering more when he has the chance to overlap or shoot). He has looked good at tmies but he isn't showing his potential IMO.  He isn't being good enough defensively either.

If he's not being aggressive enough to stop crosses going in, or doing enough to cover his centre-back who repeatedly gets pulled out to the channel to mop up balls over the top behind Boomer, at League 2 level, then he doesn't stand a chance at left-back in the Prem.  Barely any goals that Forfar conceded came from his side in most of his appearances, but they lost a couple of goals due to that in their recent loss and he was hooked shortly after.

Jimbo might get criticised for a number of things but he sets high standards for things like that, let alone Ketts.

Edited by bunglebonce