The General Ross County Chat Thread

Ross County have agreed a one-year contract extension with striker Craig Curran.

The 27-year-old Englishman's current deal had been due to expire this summer.

Curran, who joined County from Conference outfit Nuneaton Town in January 2015, has scored seven goals in 34 appearances this season...

Edited by The Great Stagsby

Delighted Curran has signed an extension, puts an incredible amount of effort into a game. Glad he's playing after his head knocks.

Lalkovic gone. http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/pompey/winger-lands-back-at-pompey-1-7934650

Between Jimbo reverting to using wing-backs for a large part of the second half of this season, then Lalkovic giving his right-back the run of the pitch in his last start, he slipped well down the pecking order.  Even Franks came on against Celtic.  Given how well Dow has played in the last few weeks it's not a great loss, but it's a shame it never worked out. 

Beat me to it BB. I came on to post about this.

I fully agree, it's a shame as he looked quite dynamic but others have raised their game and time on the pitch have proven hard to find. He maybe didn't offer enough when without the ball, well not as much as others anyway.

Sorry to see him go but no great loss due to the others we have.

26 minutes ago, RossCountyFan14 said:

Inverness fans sold out the allocation I see, hope we sell out too

Sold out the tickets we received. Still some on sale but not available from our Ticket Office. Has to be bought directly from County.

Good evening,

I've put together a wee quiz of Ross County top-5 goalscorers each season since 1998/99. Try it out and let me know how you get on! Feel free to pass along to any other Staggies as well.

Thank You.

Ps. Hope you stay up if we do, had a lovely trip to Dingwall a couple of years back, shite game but a great welcoming experience by County fans. If we go down, I hope you want to join us as I wouldn't mind another trip...

5 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

More evidence that the standard down south isn't quite what it's made out to be?

Or that Jim doesn't have a clue?

"Speaking about the loan signing, manager, Jim McIntyre said: "Milan is an exciting left winger who gets forward and puts teams on the back foot. He comes with a great pedigree having played for a number of big clubs in England and Europe, including Chelsea and Portsmouth. We tried to bring Milan in in the summer so when he became available we moved for him immediately."

2 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'd forgotten about Lalkovic tbh. At least Gobern gets an occasional place on the bench to remind us he's still there.

Who? :lol: Completely forgot about Gobern.

Lalkovic didnt really get a chance, McIntyre has been far too loyal to Gardyne this season.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Last home game of the season against Hamilton will be free to all fans. Let's see if someone will complain.

Came here just to complain.  Actually I have a relatively serious point to make.

One of the first rules of marketing is that if your product has an intrinsic value, you don't just give it away for free.  

I'm trying to think of reasonably relevant examples (and failing tbh) but if a cinema simply allowed folk in for nothing, without any tie back into something else, then surely folk would expect them to repeat it. So if more folk come to the Hamilton game because it's free, what's to stop them thinking "that wasn't bad, I'll do that again next time it's free".

5 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Apparently the Board are valuing a bigger support and less flat atmosphere, above the income expected from the relatively low anticipated crowd. Season-ticket wielding chumps have already paid anyway.

Gotcha. So it's not more people, it's simply to keep folk coming because after the preceding fixtures it is likely to be a largely irrelevant game for County. Fair enough, but as you say it's not great for ST holders who will feel that they've paid in advance.

11 minutes ago, Les Westander of County said:

Apparently the Board are valuing a bigger support and less flat atmosphere, above the income expected from the relatively low anticipated crowd. Season-ticket wielding chumps have already paid anyway.

I'd have thought a sensible get-out of the (legitimate) "Season-Ticket chumps have already paid" accusation would be to offer a redeemable voucher for the club shop to the value of the match on the season book or even get a discount to the same value if you're renewing for next season.

Edited by capt_oats

13 minutes ago, archie guevara said:

Came here just to complain.  Actually I have a relatively serious point to make.

One of the first rules of marketing is that if your product has an intrinsic value, you don't just give it away for free.  

I'm trying to think of reasonably relevant examples (and failing tbh) but if a cinema simply allowed folk in for nothing, without any tie back into something else, then surely folk would expect them to repeat it. So if more folk come to the Hamilton game because it's free, what's to stop them thinking "that wasn't bad, I'll do that again next time it's free".

I might go to the cinema & watch a movie I wasn't that interested in if I could get in free, it doesn't have any impact on me deciding whether or not to pay to go see the next big dumb Marvel movie or whatever the f**k. And Ross County vs Hamilton at the end of the season? Unless we have a spectacularly bad last few games then it's probably the least exciting game of the season, with all due respect to Accies. So this doesn't really impact the value of a County vs Partick or County vs Hearts game in the future. Maybe for the next County vs Accies game but that is always going to get a shite crowd anyway. Might as well get a big crowd in the gates, maybe make a little bit of noise by the standards of County fans (especially useful if we are still in a chance of hitting the playoff spot that late on), and possibly even convince a couple of the freeloaders that actually watching games live is good fun.

Basically, I can't see it being a particularly risky move.