The General Ross County Chat Thread

Good player. Couldn't believe we released him last summer and wasn't surprised to see him get a club in League 1 in England.

Apparently he done well enough down there.

He's better going forward than defensively, will chip in with goals and assists regularly.

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

He ticks the right boxes for me, 23 years old, 6 ft 2 in, Scottish and left sided let's hope that he can indeed play a bit. Infact if he's anything like his former colleague Naismith I'd be delighted.

He's a better centre-half than a full-back.

That being said, Neil Ardley has commented on how Sean is leaving Wimbledon a much better player than he was when he joined so he may have developed significantly in the LB role in the past year.

Quote from Wimbledon's OS to corroborate Chappy:

Neal said: “We would like to keep Sean and I think in an ideal world he would like to stay. He has really improved during the course of the season, but as it stands he has a very good offer on the table from a club in Scotland. There is a likelihood that if we cannot match Sean’s ambitions here, then it would be a sensible thing for him to do. As it stands, it is a little bit open. Whatever happens, I think the player we have got at the end of the season is a much better player than the one we had at the start of the season and we are really pleased with that.”

Edited by bunglebonce

I'll take steady, and sounds like he's improved in his time south of the border. Certainly a position that was needing filled and gives McIntyre the flexibility to go 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 (hopefully).

He really does sound like a taller, less violent version of Kenny. Given how well Naismith has stepped up his game, I'm looking forward to this chap being a solid addition. Will miss KDW squaring up to the Thumb though.

2 hours ago, Staggie52 said:

The Burton Mail are reporting that Burton Albion are in for Boyce and that he has a £500k release clause. http://www.burtonmail.co.uk/report-could-burton-albion-sign-ross-county-striker-liam-boyce/story-30383592-detail/story.html

I'll be pretty pissed off if it is indeed only half a million (although the poor wee Burton Albion story needs knocking on its head if it is even that).  McIntyre and Dodds both seemed to imply the figure expected would be much higher. 

That said, he's away.  I really hope it doesn't take McIntyre six months to replace him.

11 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

That would be a decent move for him, he deserves a move to a better level than the rumoured Aberdeen/Hearts/Hibs interest. 

If we do lose him for 500k I hope we manage to include a future sell-on clause. 

It may well be like the Irvine deal, cash up front and a substantial sell on fee.  Hope so.   Add that to the cash Hibs gave us for Brian Graham, and it's a bit of a 'ker-ching' summer.  

33 minutes ago, StuartTaylor said:

Do we know that the Irvine deal included a sell-on though?

Nobody will have the slightest clue; I'm just hoping we got something in exchange for giving up our best player substantially under market value.  Cash up front is one thing, but I'd have hoped there'd be a sell-on clause.  I get why the club does it, it harbours good will from agents.  But £300,000 was laughable for Irvine on the face of it.

29 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Clough interested but hasn't triggered the clause. Does that mean to say it's common knowledge that there is one?

What's the trigger for the release clause? Not that I expect Saints to meet it or anything, just curious.