The General Ross County Chat Thread

43 minutes ago, deldad7 said:

I think it's to replace Peter Swanson after he retired but no quite 100%

I'm not sure we've actually had a General Manager (in terms of the actual job title) since Ranald left, have we?

20 hours ago, Les Westander of County said:

Sean Kelly knows how to score goals.

His "best bits" didn't include a lot of defending, nor anything very recent. Hopefully his improvement at Wimbledon includes defensive strengths.

Season ticket holder at Wimbledon, so saw Sean Kelly a fair bit last season. Started off slowly but got his chance due to injuries and loss of form. He is indeed better going forward and has a good 'engine', so is ideal as a modern left wing back. Decent enough cross too, but very one footed. 

Weaknesses are his lack of pace (certainly for L1), his positional play and for someone who's 6'2", he doesn't win many headers. Always gives his all though and on balance, I'd have kept him at Wimbledon if he was on sensible money. Good luck to him at County. 

He's certainly a better signing than Jim Fenlon, who I think is the only previous AFC Wimbledon player to end up in Dingwall.

Edited by KingfaetheSooth