The General Ross County Chat Thread

I know it's not the league but FYI

Copy and paste - County website has the BetFred League Cup fixtures:

Date.......................................Fixture..............................................Kick Off
Saturday 14th July............Ross County v Elgin City............. 3.00pm
Tuesday 17th July..............Ross County v Dundee United...7.45pm
Wednesday 25th July......Arbroath v Ross County..............7.45pm
Saturday 28th July.......... Alloa v Ross County......................3.00pm

The group stage uses the traditional three points for a win and one point for a draw model but all drawn matches go straight to a penalty shoot-out, with the winner of the shoot-out awarded a bonus point. The eight group winners and four best runners-up progress to the last 16, where they are joined by European qualifiers Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hibernian.

Ticket information will follow in due course.

Edited by Les Westander of County
edited to amend Bettered into Betfred

3 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

One of the Thistle photographers is holidaying up that way.

Was out dolphin or porpoise spotting at Canonry Point...

FB_IMG_1528123188923.thumb.jpg.5e34a5f53732aaa9cb6d837d5733faf2.jpg

Not a bad effort!

This is what his day was like, up until that moment.

7 hours ago, Cerberus said:

Will County still have the 3rd biggest wage budget in Scotland next season?

Related image

Hahaha third, how cute. We blow the newco out of the game, simply because our cheques are good for what they promise not like dodgy Dave's rubber cheques where you're likely to get only 10p in the £ once another Administration is called. 

12 hours ago, Spain said:

Boyce? Still too soon IMO :bairn

Speaking of which, I see @thejailender tweeting about Declan McManus.  Hard-working striker but very streaky in his goal-scoring.

I used to be in touch with someone who did some freelance scouting for Fleetwood three years ago, who were looking for a bargain forward from Scotland.  The two recommendations he presented were Boyce and McManus.  Boyce was just about to sign a new extension with County and they went with McManus from Aberdeen. It didn’t work out and he has been at a few Scottish lower league clubs now, but he’s got plenty experience for someone who is only 24 at the start of the season.

ETA: He was part of the strikeforce for Raith Rovers that really troubled County in the League Cup opener a couple of summers ago, before it inevitably went wrong for Gary Locke's team, but it was Lewis Vaughan who really stood out on that day.

Edited by bunglebonce

Should be good visiting a small country town again and a quaint little club like Ross County.

Always liked Highland league clubs for an away day.

It's been a remarkable journey for Ross County but obviously not sustainable forever given you have a population around the same size as Kelty.

Been good while it's lasted though and you'll be welcome in Dunfermline.

Speaking of which, I see [mention=31212]Jailender[/mention] tweeting about Declan McManus.  Hard-working striker but very streaky in his goal-scoring.
I used to be in touch with someone who did some freelance scouting for Fleetwood three years ago, who were looking for a bargain forward from Scotland.  The two recommendations he presented were Boyce and McManus.  Boyce was just about to sign a new extension with County and they went with McManus from Aberdeen. It didn’t work out and he has been at a few Scottish lower league clubs now, but he’s got plenty experience for someone who is only 24 at the start of the season.
ETA: He was part of the strikeforce for Raith Rovers that really troubled County in the League Cup opener a couple of summers ago, before it inevitably went wrong for Gary Locke's team, but it was Lewis Vaughan who really stood out on that day.

Sounds like a direct replacement for Craig Curran. Dunfermline fans seem very mixed about losing their player if the year, which I guess has to do with his lack of goals/flair.

The Lewis Vaughan thing has gone quiet. Wonder if there was ever anything in that.

McManus is an industrious player.

He obviously loves playing fitbaw.

Does miss too many chances and if he got that licked he'd be a top player.

2 hours ago, Piracy said:

McManus is an industrious player.

He obviously loves playing fitbaw.

Does miss too many chances and if he got that licked he'd be a top player.

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I wish Billy Dodds was still at County to work with him.  Doddsy did a pretty good job with our strikers, by all accounts.

Anyway, I've been advised (i.e told on Twitter by somebody who usually gets these things right but sometimes doesn't) that there's going to be an announcement regarding at least one signing and possibly two.  Sounds like McManus is one of them, as that's not a name somebody would pull out of a hat.  Who does McManus share an agent with?

Edited by Savage Henry

Notice its not been mentioned on here but rumors of both Chris McLaughlin and Ian McShane re-signing.

Would be good to have a LB also a good option to have in midfield. Both with championship experience.

Whisper it but, I'm quite confident with this early business being done.