The General Ross County Chat Thread

55 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Reid was a decent player plus Paton and Iacovitti are not too bad.

Reid has potential but was thrown into the team before he was ready. He started promisingly before teams twigged he got too tight too often and could get torched repeatedly. Paton sometimes looks class but often takes way too many touches. Iacovitti lives off that header vs Celtic. He's pish. Not Coll Donaldson pish, but still pish.

4 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Reid has potential but was thrown into the team before he was ready. He started promisingly before teams twigged he got too tight too often and could get torched repeatedly. Paton sometimes looks class but often takes way too many touches. Iacovitti lives off that header vs Celtic. He's pish. Not Coll Donaldson pish, but still pish.

McKay,Gardyne and Vigurs are all a given,for me Paton is the type of player Aberdeen need.

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

McKay,Gardyne and Vigurs are all a given,for me Paton is the type of player Aberdeen need.

Mckay spends 75% of his time doing work in midfield as we lose all our battles. Midge is great, but he's 35 and coming to the end of his career. Vigurs has been a liability this season. He can still spot a pass like nobody else does, but it's counterbalanced his complete lack of an engine, bizarre decision making and wild tackling. Paton could be a player for teams in Scotland but he's losing his way at County understandably. 

Edited by Comrie

7 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Crap,players are pawns on a chess board you tell them what to do if your not happy with one player he gets replaced with another.
Glad to see the staggies out the cup.

That's what transfer windows are for.

A recruitment department knows where the club wants to go and the style of play the management wants to create.
Personally I like the way big yogi likes to play the game,if you don't that's up to you. 

I love it when Celtic and Rangers fans get confused about the level of resources available to smaller clubs 😂

Just Googled it, RC employee 86 people.............Celtic 522.

Edited by Torfason

17 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I love it when Celtic and Rangers fans get confused about the level of resources available to smaller clubs 😂

He’s an idiot. He thinks every club is even and all players are of equal ability and Celtic and Rangers players just want it more.

57 minutes ago, Torfason said:

I love it when fannies like you mention Celtic on a Ross county thread.

11 hours ago, sophia said:

It's sure been a cold cold winter and a lot of love is all burned out.

If the winter prospectus was implemented, Mckay would already be gone and that would leave a squad of just eight. Fighting the spectre of relegation with a full compliment is onerous enough so suggesting it can be done with eight is bold indeed.

Thanks for the reminder we once had Stewart and Reid also back when Morris could actually stay fit for more than two consecutive games 😑

49 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He’s an idiot. He thinks every club is even and all players are of equal ability and Celtic and Rangers players just want it more.

11 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He inherited a complete gang from Kettlewell. You need to play a way that plays to the strength of the players.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

John Hughes is not to be trusted with signing players.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

How  does that work when 90% of the squad is shite?

Coming from a guy just posting random shite with nothing to back it up what a fecking banger.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Coming from a guy just posting random shite with nothing to back it up what a fecking banger.

What I’ve posted if fact backed up with clear evidence. You’ve proven over numerous threads that you have no knowledge of football outside of Neil Lennon. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

They also have more football knowledge, TS.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What I’ve posted if fact backed up with clear evidence. You’ve proven over numerous threads that you have no knowledge of football outside of Neil Lennon. 

So no knowledge, then.

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

He is searching the interweb for all the negative pish he can find on ross county and big yogi  boo boo.

He was talking about you, you moron.

Look at the evidence yourself you fucking idiot.  It’s not hard to watch The Caley highlights from 2015-16 and County highlights from this season.

9 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Crap,players are pawns on a chess board you tell them what to do if your not happy with one player he gets replaced with another.
Glad to see the staggies out the cup.

I, too, am glad to see ICT checkmating County and sending them out the Cup.

If County don't like it then they should have considered upgrading some of their pawns to better pieces, like bishops or something.