The General Ross County Chat Thread

David Keilor-Dunn talks about County in this. If only he'd realised you don't have to cut inside every time you get the ball.

Edited by Comrie

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think there's something in the air up here as we get butchered with injuries too.  I take it you train in the HFA at this time of year?  Our last 3 injuries have come whilst training there.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the clubs share medical staff as well as training facilities.  You may well be on to something.  Hamstring strains always seem to be three month jobs. 

8 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

Potentially, I still think Grivosti has huge potential to be a deep lying central midfielder and would actually be ideal in our current system but he's injured all the time as is Draper.

Sadly starting to remind me of Rossiter, another young Scouser, who went to Rangers but suffered a couple of long term injuries. There's great potential in Tom though and hoping it's just bad luck at this point

Randall had looked decent at LB recently, too.

I'm not chucking the towel in yet, still 10 games to go. We've taken on average a point a game over the last 10 games, that's same as Hamilton and DUFC, a point less than Motherwell and 3 points more than Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. We need a couple of wins on the bounce (keep thinking back to the DUFC game) to give the team a lift.

It's going to be squeeky bahookie time though between now and the end of the season.

On 28/01/2021 at 12:08, Comrie said:

No. You get Jordan White and be happy about it.

On 28/01/2021 at 12:17, yoda said:

skZap6W.png

On 28/01/2021 at 13:02, staggy1929 said:

I'm not slagging Jordan White off but if that's the level of player we're bringing in then we're doomed. Surely even the players know he's a diddy who shouldn't be at this level. 

Looks like J White might just have (employs the vernacular) proved the doubters wrong

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Copied from Twitter😂

Lennon's first defeat as Celtic manager- Ross County 2-0 Celtic- 10th April 2010

Lennon's last defeat as Celtic manager- Ross County 1-0 Celtic -21st February 2021

It's a shame he didn't go after the November defeat cause that would have been some lovely symmetry

We've caused a fair few meltdowns eh!

9 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

Lennon's first defeat as Celtic manager- Ross County 2-0 Celtic- 10th April 2010

Is that fact? Hadn't registered.

I recall his infamous post match interview (ironically with Rob MacLean, who also interviewed him on Sunday) where he was saying something like if he got the job permanently there would be a major clear-out. I watched that game again a couple of weeks ago, Broonie, Samaras, McCourt, McGeady, Robbie Keane 🤣

Is that fact? Hadn't registered.
I recall his infamous post match interview (ironically with Rob MacLean, who also interviewed him on Sunday) where he was saying something like if he got the job permanently there would be a major clear-out. I watched that game again a couple of weeks ago, Broonie, Samaras, McCourt, McGeady, Robbie Keane [emoji1787]
Was only his 3rd game in caretaker charge. And they actually won every other game that season under Lennon!

We're now down to 

Kilmarnock (H), Hibs (H) and St. Johnstone (A)

Really need to be winning both home games if we want to feel confident post split, but this County side just absolutely baffles me. Lurches from looking decent to comically inept from half to half.

Interested to see the perspective of fans who've got a new manager. If Hughes takes you down be it through finishing 12th or the play-offs, is his position untenable or still too early to punt? Wonder if there'll be a difference of opinion between Killie, County and Motherwell fans.

Guest Ieuan16

I'd punt him for dropping Hylton, Paton and Shaw just as they all found form and started linking up well with each other.

31 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Interested to see the perspective of fans who've got a new manager. If Hughes takes you down be it through finishing 12th or the play-offs, is his position untenable or still too early to punt? Wonder if there'll be a difference of opinion between Killie, County and Motherwell fans.

I'm still on the fence. For every good thing Hughes has done, he's followed it up with a stinker.

The club still feels rudderless and without direction and I'm not sure Hughes is the man to take us forward in anything other than the short term.

I get the feeling he'd get a shot taking us back up again as Kettlewell/Ferguson did, but that might depend on how close we were to staying up. Sink like a stone and he'll be gone.

Hopefully not something we'll need to concern ourselves with.

1 hour ago, morrison said:

I get the feeling he'd get a shot taking us back up again as Kettlewell/Ferguson did, but that might depend on how close we were to staying up. Sink like a stone and he'll be gone.

Hopefully not something we'll need to concern ourselves with.

I rather get the feeling he’s popular with the players, and pals with the chairman.  

He’s definitely been an improvement on Kettlewell, although the bar was set really low. I can imagine he’ll be here regardless of what happens. This current squad needs a massive clear out, and the thought of Hughes building his own squad fills me with dread. The recruitment for the past couple of years has been nothing short of abysmal as it is.

On 01/03/2021 at 12:11, Ieuan16 said:

I'd punt him for dropping Hylton, Paton and Shaw just as they all found form and started linking up well with each other.

Hylton and Shaw, yes I agree with you. Paton though? He's needed dropped for weeks now.

I'm not really basing this on anything concrete, but I get the impression he'll leave at the end of the season whether we stay up or not.

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

Hylton and Shaw, yes I agree with you. Paton though? He's needed dropped for weeks now.

I'm not really basing this on anything concrete, but I get the impression he'll leave at the end of the season whether we stay up or not.

REALLY hope you're wide of the mark, with regards to Paton. I think he's probably been our best midfielder this season, Lakin's been good too imo.