The General Ross County Chat Thread

Ross Stewart has officially left to Sunderland for an undisclosed fee , glad he went down south as opposed to Aberdeen as wouldn’t particularly want to see him against us , all the best to him and the club made the right decision cashing in , would be interested to know the fee but anything north of 50k would be a bonus for a player that can leave for free in the summer

10 minutes ago, Rcfc fan said:

Ross Stewart has officially left to Sunderland for an undisclosed fee , glad he went down south as opposed to Aberdeen as wouldn’t particularly want to see him against us , all the best to him and the club made the right decision cashing in , would be interested to know the fee but anything north of 50k would be a bonus for a player that can leave for free in the summer

Been rumoured as £300k on Twitter for the past week.

On 30/01/2021 at 14:49, yoda said:

£300,000 (minus whatever the Glasgow Saints are probably due) is an exceptional piece of business for a striker who is out of contract at the end of the season, and has only got 9 topflight goals to his name. I like Stewart but County are doing well to get anything for him.

Another astounding piece of business by Stubbs. Most St. Mirren fans knew there was a gem that needed polishing in there with Stewart. He'll never be a world beater but definitely good enough for this level.

Hopefully we get about a quarter of the fee but more likely to be 10-15%.

8 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again a Scottish club accepting a derogatory sum for one of their best players absolute joke from the staggies.

They replaced him for £0 before he'd even left and got a fee for a player they'd have lost for nothing in the summer.

You're constantly complaining Aberdeen lose players for free. Now you're saying the opposite for County. Make your mind up.

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

They replaced him for £0 before he'd even left and got a fee for a player they'd have lost for nothing in the summer.

You're constantly complaining Aberdeen lose players for free. Now you're saying the opposite for County. Make your mind up.

I do find it funny that someone who bends over and accepts everything that Celtic have to throw has the cheek to try and talk about other teams being jokes for doing something that he'd do mental gymnastics to defend from Parkhead.

28 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Again a Scottish club accepting a derogatory sum for one of their best players absolute joke from the staggies.

Out of contract in the summer and looked like he was a player who felt his future lay elsewhere, especially as we insisted on using him as a winger.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

There is two sides to this problem,Aberdeen have done well with getting decent dosh for their players this season in McKenna and Cosgrove plus Livingston doing well with Dykes.
For me Ross county should be getting a million for Stewart at least, not interested in add-ons,the other side of the coin is allowing players to run down their contracts for me this is bad management. If you don't maximize your efforts on this the club will never move forward.

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

There is two sides to this problem,Aberdeen have done well with getting decent dosh for their players this season in McKenna and Cosgrove plus Livingston doing well with Dykes.
For me Ross county should be getting a million for Stewart at least, not interested in add-ons,the other side of the coin is allowing players to run down their contracts for me this is bad management. If you don't maximize your efforts on this the club will never move forward.

How much are Celtic getting for Karamanko Dembele?

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Well you would know about bad management.

46 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

A million? In January? He had 6 months left on his contract.

16 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Didn't think anyone would think getting a few hundred for a striker who's scored two league goals this season and out of contract in the summer is bad business. But then theres Willly.

If you think paying 300 grand for a striker in the top league in Scotland is good business then you're in the wrong game.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

What has he done in the game?

Nothing. But...

57 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

allowing players to run down their contracts for me this is bad management. If you don't maximize your efforts on this the club will never move forward.

... interested to hear your thoughts on Celtics management considering one of the most promising youngsters in the country is walking away from your club in the Summer for nothing, that's all.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nothing. But...

... interested to hear your thoughts on Celtics management considering one of the most promising youngsters in the country is walking away from your club in the Summer for nothing, that's all.

You are maybe not aware but Celtic have already lost two players to Bayern plus it's totally different with different rules for players under 23.