The General Ross County Chat Thread

2 minutes ago, Jacky1990 said:

image.png.616af5fd9437780221e89e117cd0ce4c.png

Derek Adams* is still as popular as always I see.

Yeah, he could be a dick like that at times. He's still doing pretty well at Morecambe, even with that defeat. 7th atm and 5 points off an automatic place. I'm not sure how the aberdeen fans will take to him though.

9 minutes ago, Comrie said:

The famed Adams man management skills. Wonder if he put him on then naughty step?

Made him train with the youngsters for a while it seems.

Definitely calmed down a bit though, he tried to lamp Higgins for less. 

20 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Adams is undoubtedly a miserable fud, but that's pretty embarrassing behaviour for a 41 year old.

Nah, I am all for a good GIRUY at the best of times. Even more so when there is a genuine bit of needle in it.

Game needs more of this type of stuff IMO.

42 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Adams is undoubtedly a miserable fud, but that's pretty embarrassing behaviour for a 41 year old.

Yeah. Imagine playing for your dream club for 9 years and still contributing, only to be completely frozen out of the club with no explanation by a stranger.

I'm sure almost everyone would want to GIRUY whoever done that to them.

Derek Adams: brought Ross County to the Premiership, got Plymouth Argyle out of League Two, and saved Morecambe from relegation.

Kevin Ellison: more than a decade clogging about League Two.

John Hughes MIGHT just keep County in the top division but imo, under no circumstances should he be incharge after his contract expires at the end of this season. 

County have improved since the Kettlewell experiment ended but Hughes' teams selections/performances are a joke (a bit like the man himself).

Not sure about how the other teams match up fixture wise, but we will be due home games against St Mirren and Hamilton in the bottom six.  With away ties with United, Killie and Motherwell.  That would balance us 19/19.

Only one season we have been unbalanced 16/17 where we had 18 home games and twenty away.  I can also remember getting an extra home game against Celtic in 12/13 to balance us.

We'll most likely need 6-9 points off this to stay up, I can see maybe 4 points in Accies at home and St. Mirren at home. Motherwell and United have had the beating of us all season. Kilmarnock I have no idea what to expect.

Kilmarnock (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee United (A)
Accies (H)
Motherwell (A)

24 minutes ago, Comrie said:

We'll most likely need 6-9 points off this to stay up, I can see maybe 4 points in Accies at home and St. Mirren at home. Motherwell and United have had the beating of us all season. Kilmarnock I have no idea what to expect.

Kilmarnock (A)
St. Mirren (H)
Dundee United (A)
Accies (H)
Motherwell (A)

I can't make up my mind if having our two home games both on Wednesday nights is a good thing, it maybe is.

Kinda gutted that our last game of the season is away, I was (clinging to the) hope that we might be able to get fans in for it. Maybe we'll get in for the play offs, against ict, if we make it to 11th😉

2 hours ago, frankthetank22 said:

I can't make up my mind if having our two home games both on Wednesday nights is a good thing, it maybe is.

Kinda gutted that our last game of the season is away, I was (clinging to the) hope that we might be able to get fans in for it. Maybe we'll get in for the play offs, against ict, if we make it to 11th😉

Historians when trying to place the day way back in the 21st century that Nicola Sturgeon was exonerated, will recall it fell on the same day that a Ross County fan and not any fan, I give you @frankthetank22, offered unequivocal good wishes to ict.

On 22/03/2021 at 19:49, sophia said:

Historians when trying to place the day way back in the 21st century that Nicola Sturgeon was exonerated, will recall it fell on the same day that a Ross County fan and not any fan, I give you @frankthetank22, offered unequivocal good wishes to ict.

Our game against ict in the next round of the Scottish Cup is to be shown live on Friday 2nd April, on BBC Scotland.

This could be a good warm up for the play off double header in May.

18 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Our game against ict in the next round of the Scottish Cup is to be shown live on Friday 2nd April, on BBC Scotland.

This could be a good warm up for the play off double header in May.

Behave!

1 hour ago, frankthetank22 said:

Well I know I'm being hopeful but fingers crossed, we can avoid 12th/bottom of the league.

I suppose it depends on how many of our better players JH drops for each of these last five league games.

Having a look at that ICT squad.  We’ll beat them fairly comfortably, surely?  

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Having a look at that ICT squad.  We’ll beat them fairly comfortably, surely?  

If we had a ½ decent manager selecting from our squad maybe but what's the point of having Oli Shaw, Hylton & Draper if they're sitting on the bench every match day.