The General Ross County Chat Thread

Carlos is informed, I am not. There's been a lot of guff spouted which has clearly been opinion without much thought for facts though. Such is the price of success we've attracted a fair amount of fans who can't help but show they still have allegiances elsewhere as well.

I think you're doing yourself an injustice there.

There are a lot of folk on there that are happy to regurgitate what they read in the Daily Ranger that day, and are more concerned about these scaremongering tactics than the actual morality of it all. You listen to the arguments and take a common sense view with it all. As you've said, it has sadly exposed just how many folk within our support have a leaning to one side of the OF or the other. Must admit though, I'm surprised H29's been relatively calm on the whole thing.

ETA: I don't know whether he's gotten better, or whether the influx of poor posters and aliases diluted him, but I've actually taken H29 off "ignore" now.

Edited by Spain

Maybe the cruncher came for him at the semi a couple of years ago! I think games against these teams can be quite cathartic for them as they have to ask themselves the question.

Maybe the cruncher came for him at the semi a couple of years ago! I think games against these teams can be quite cathartic for them as they have to ask themselves the question.

I've had him on ignore since his famed "two resignations in three days" period. I don't miss his contributions, I'm sure the subtext is still thinly veiled.

Such is the price of success we've attracted a fair amount of fans who can't help but show they still have allegiances elsewhere as well.

I haven't really noticed that to be honest, apart from a couple. But then again my eyes glaze-over whenever I look at these Rangers/Newco threads.

Anyway, poached eggs anyone?

I haven't really noticed that to be honest, apart from a couple. But then again my eyes glaze-over whenever I look at these Rangers/Newco threads.

Anyway, poached eggs anyone?

I have noticed a poorer standard of posting, but it is coming from fans who would be classed as new. The new fans are ill informed at times and don't know the history of the club, but i am happy our fan base is growing.

I haven't said too much about Newco etc because it is so complex and I am not that fussed either way. I am more interested in County than that.

I don't have an issue saying that i used to support the Dons. That was when they were in the Premier, and Ross County was my local team struggling in the Highland League.

No split loyalities for me on the 11th of Aug...........County all the way But it will be weird)

P.s - Poached eggs- add Vinegar to the boiling water. stir the water as fast as you can before putting the eggs in.....I rock with poached eggs!!

I have noticed a poorer standard of posting, but it is coming from fans who would be classed as new. The new fans are ill informed at times and don't know the history of the club, but i am happy our fan base is growing.

I haven't said too much about Newco etc because it is so complex and I am not that fussed either way. I am more interested in County than that.

I don't have an issue saying that i used to support the Dons. That was when they were in the Premier, and Ross County was my local team struggling in the Highland League.

No split loyalities for me on the 11th of Aug...........County all the way But it will be weird)

P.s - Poached eggs- add Vinegar to the boiling water. stir the water as fast as you can before putting the eggs in.....I rock with poached eggs!!

Oooh, fancy. I just use one of those pans with the four little plastic cups in them. Perhaps not the same, but a hell of a lot easier!

Oooh, fancy. I just use one of those pans with the four little plastic cups in them. Perhaps not the same, but a hell of a lot easier!

Likewise. Quite lazy, but effective. That said, the cups are a pain to clean afterwards, although I do find a small amount of olive oil along with the egg reduces the amount stuck on afterwards.

Also, speaking of split loyalties, like Capital_stag, I used to watch the Dons as well. 11 August will be a strange day, but I'll be in the away end at Pittodrie for the first time, cheering on County. At the end of the day, Ross County are my local team, and I supported them long before I was lured by the bright lights of the SPL (and a dirt cheap student season ticket during my uni days!).

Thoughts on the kit? Home looks good, away not so much.

Not convinced at all. Only seen the small image on Twitter so far, but don't much like the stripes. No need for that on a County strip :unsure:

Home shirt would be a cracker without the stripes, a lot like a Dundee strip as it is.

The away shirt is a shocker though.

You never know, the home one might grow on us.

Edited for stupidity. :ph34r:

Edited by Spain

Home shirt would be a cracker without the stripes, a lot like a Dundee strip as it is.

The away shirt is a shocker though.

Must admit, was quite surprised it was CRC Evans that were the sponsor, the last I'd heard Stanley had it all but tied up.

It kinda is Stanley though - Stanley CRC Evans Offshore. I'm no offshore expert, but do Stanley own CRC Evans Offshore?

Yeah, hence the hasty edit for stupidity. I saw the picture before reading more, I didn't realise they owned CRC-Evans either. :ph34r:

So, I was right after-all when I told everyone it was Diadora and Stanley... phew. 8)

Edited by Spain

In 2010, CRC-Evans became a Stanley Black & Decker company. As part of one of the largest & most respected corporate families in the world, CRC-Evans has increased support to make significant investments in its people & new product development through a robust R&D framework. Since our acquisition we have taken your suggestions about product development very seriously & have increased our commitment to customer service. We remain the same company that you have trusted for decades, and, with the backing of Stanley Black & Decker, are better placed for continued growth & success.CRC-Evans has corporate headquarters in Houston, Texas, USA. Company offices and facilities are also located in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom (England and Scotland), The Netherlands, France, the Middle East, South Africa, Malaysia and Brazil. CRC-Evans Pipeline International is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker