The General Ross County Chat Thread

1 hour ago, Comrie said:

I hope to christ we don't get Caley in a cup game and Midge runs at Randall.

I hope to christ we don’t enter the cups, so that nobody can run at Randall.   Mind you, as things stand, Randall is our most creative player.  

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:
On 16/06/2021 at 06:57, Rcfc fan said:
Killie linked with Jason Naismith , what a piss take…

So, sorry to see him go?

Nowhere near the player he was first time around, but still miles better than players who have been kept. So yes, you could say that.  

Nowhere near the player he was first time around, but still miles better than players who have been kept. So yes, you could say that.  
Good to hear thanks. After the poor attitude and pish performances we had to suffer last season added to no Bigot Bros for the first time in nearly 3 decades I'm looking forward to next season. Hopefully we will all be able to get in to watch. [emoji1696]

Best of luck gents, it seems you may need it this year. If you get rid if the racist by Halloween you may have a fighting chance.

Guest Ieuan16
11 hours ago, RiG said:

Gardyne in an ICT strip is genuinely one of the oddest* things I have seen in a long time.

Saddest*.

The way Ross County handled his exit was brutal and he deserved better.

Hope he tears it up for Caley... well, to an extent.

15 hours ago, RiG said:

Gardyne in an ICT strip is genuinely one of the oddest things I have seen in a long time.

I've never been one for footballing heroes, or even idols. But for the 23 years I've been supporting Ross County, Micheal Gardyne has been at the club for more than half of them, and comes the closest to that status.

The fact that it has come to this and he's at a club I can't stand won't change the height of my regard for him, but I can't deny a bit of me has died inside.

Hope he gets the County job by November and ICT get relegated 🙏

1 minute ago, central staggie said:

I've never been one for footballing heroes, or even idols. But for the 23 years I've been supporting Ross County, Micheal Gardyne has been at the club for more than half of them, and comes the closest to that status.

The fact that it has come to this and he's at a club I can't stand won't change the height of my regard for him, but I can't deny a bit of me has died inside.

I hope he wins us the league and it really upsets you.

53 minutes ago, central staggie said:

If only he had come a little bit closer to that status then you may have been able to do him the honour of spelling his name correctly? 

Feels a bit like the Grant Munro situation, only reversed.

The manner of Gardyne's exit bothered me but I don't really care that he's ended up a Caley. It probably would be different if they were at our level and he was playing against us regularly. 

15 minutes ago, yoda said:

The manner of Gardyne's exit bothered me but I don't really care that he's ended up a Caley. It probably would be different if they were at our level and he was playing against us regularly. 

One last pay day from moneybags ICT, IMO.

36 minutes ago, yoda said:

Quite so. It's a sign of how far we've come that the guys who are surplus to requirements at County end up at ICT, rather than the other way round. I don't begrudge him the opportunity to continue earning a living at a lower level.

Vigurs and Draper both sign for Cove. Opinions on both?

Clearly Vigurs being ex captain was held in high regard. Both are pushing on a bit and hence a contributing reason as to why they are dropping down a few divisions.

Is Draper a CB or CM?

Hopefully can do a job for us in L1. Our midfield was already one of our strongest areas with Masson Fyvie Scully Ans Yule. Suspect Scully will be dropped and Vigurs will play alongside Fyvie.

Draper if a midfielder might be a regular starter. If a CB then he will play more.

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Clearly Vigurs being ex captain was held in high regard. Both are pushing on a bit and hence a contributing reason as to why they are dropping down a few divisions.

Is Draper a CB or CM?

Hopefully can do a job for us in L1. Our midfield was already one of our strongest areas with Masson Fyvie Scully Ans Yule. Suspect Scully will be dropped and Vigurs will play alongside Fyvie.

Draper if a midfielder might be a regular starter. If a CB then he will play more.

Draper can play CB but is a CM.

If you play a 4-4-2 with them together in the middle prepare for pain. Draper is done physically and Vigurs despite his talent is a lazy, narky shitebag.

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Is Draper a CB or CM?

Vigurs will be a good addition for you but prepare for some mental decision making when it comes to defending. Giving Draper a three year deal is so wild from you lot. Genuinely surprised he didn't injure himself holding the scarf up.

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Is Draper a CB or CM?

Draper is absolutely done.   Three years is ludicrous.   Vigurs will do okay, but again, three years seems insane to me.   I’d imagine the third year is what swung it.   League one is probably their level  at this point, though.     Vigurs isn’t the player he once was.  He’d easily make my all-time XI, but his legs are gone and is a bit of a shitehawk these days.  

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Draper is absolutely done.   Three years is ludicrous.   Vigurs will do okay, but again, three years seems insane to me.   I’d imagine the third year is what swung it.   League one is probably their level  at this point, though.     Vigurs isn’t the player he once was.  He’d easily make my all-time XI, but his legs are gone and is a bit of a shitehawk these days.  

I heard that about Draper. Massively surprised we even went for him as we have Scully who is very good for L1.

3 year deals are insane I agree. It's what we seem to do to get the signing over the line regardless of the player is aging!

I always worry about recruiting aging players from a league or two above. 

Hope Vigurs works out and he isn't just a moaning whinge bag who doesn't track back.