The General Ross County Chat Thread

18 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

f**k people love to moan. We had 5 loans last season too. 

Tbf three of those came in after Hughes joined in January last season. We are Loan heavy this season as it stands. We still have time to get our own players in so hopefully it balances itself out a bit by the time our business is done.

Edited by staggy1929

Just now, staggy1929 said:

Tbf three of those came in after Hughes joined in January last season. We are Loan heavy this season as it stands. We still have time to get our own players in so hopefully it balances itself out a bit by the time our business is done.

Also: last season County were abysmal. 

24 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

People are more than entitled to "moan", remember the day before the Mackay announcement we had this gem from MacGregor.

“It will be about football but also who Ross County, what does it stand for? What does it represent and represent for its fans?”

1 minute ago, UAE1929 said:

People are more than entitled to "moan", remember the day before the Mackay announcement we had this gem from MacGregor.

“It will be about football but also who Ross County, what does it stand for? What does it represent and represent for its fans?”

Yep, you have a new team every season.  You aren't going to get anywhere with loads of players who haven't played together before.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, you have a new team every season.  You aren't going to get anywhere with loads of players who haven't played together before.

We can’t relate to the manager because he’s a racist arsehole, and we can’t relate to the players as they’ll be away in less than a year.  The match day experience is taking a daily kicking.  It’s an unmitigated disaster, even if they somehow manage to stay up.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

We can’t relate to the manager because he’s a racist arsehole, and we can’t relate to the players as they’ll be away in less than a year.  The match day experience is taking a daily kicking.  It’s an unmitigated disaster, even if they somehow manage to stay up.

I mind back in the late 90s and then in the late 00s/early 10s when you finally caught up with us ( 😜)  I could probably name 7 or 8 of County's starting 11, and probably nearly the whole squad, as there was guys there for years.  I could probably name 5 of your squad max now, then would have to search online for more names.

Edited by TheScarf

Just now, TheScarf said:

I mind back in the late 90s and then in the late 00s/early 10s when you finally caught up with us ( 😜)  I could probably name 7 or 8 of County's starting 11, let alone the squad, as there was guys there for years.  I could probably name 5 of your squad max now, then would have to search online for more names.

Try googling our manager!

Nobody’s got the first clue about these players.  The club is basically handing over the keys to Malkkky completely.  

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Try googling our manager!

Nobody’s got the first clue about these players.  The club is basically handing over the keys to Malkkky completely.  

What's McGregor's plan here?  There's no identity to County.  It seems to be 'sanction the signing of 10 random players every July and hope for the best'.

11 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

What's McGregor's plan here?  There's no identity to County.  It seems to be 'sanction the signing of 10 random players every July and hope for the best'.

Christ knows. Mackay is at the centre of all of it, though. 

25 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

Aye, some folk seem incapable of not moaning & whining when other people show a tiny bit of dissatisfaction with the extremely short-term direction the club has taken in the transfer market.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This has been pitched as an effort to push County beyond the short-termism and desperate scramble for survival of the last few years. Racism aside, Mackay has the experience to put proper structures in place in the "football department" which will outlast his time at the club.

Ironically, this summer's signing policy has ended up reeking of short-termism. However, racism aside again, I'm prepared to cut him some slack on that. In football we always talk about how it takes a few transfer windows for a manager to build a squad they're happy with. The immediate priority is to build a squad that doesn't get relegated at the end of the season. Given the broken promises of imminent signings over the last few weeks, it's clear a few deals have fallen through so it's perhaps understandable we've fallen back on more loans.

I think Mackay talks a good game. It remains to be seen if he can put that in to action on the pitch after so long away from the front line. It's just a shame about the racism, sexism and anti-Semitism.

"it is clear to see he has an English Premier League Academy upbringing"

Blackburn were relegated from the English Premier League the same year we won Division 1, 9 seasons ago. Pa2on signed there in 2018.

Edited by MarkPockets