The General Ross County Chat Thread

3 hours ago, forkboy said:

Or St Johnstone fans aren't quite as obsessed with you as you seem to be with them? Just a guess mind.

Anyway, nice win today, 

They did literally invade this chat in recent weeks to slate us.

good win today and good for team and Simon Murray’s confidence

The only one who "invaded" this thread was me, and a lot of that was down to MacGregor bleating in the press about other clubs overspending then deciding to chuck 6 figure fees about. 

7 hours ago, Moonball said:

A far better highlights package than our shower of muppets could produce.   Well done Stranraer, even though their Twitter feed tried to claim those weren’t yellow cards.  

Going by that, we’re going to need a better back up keeper.  Dhanda looks levels above anyone else on the pitch, but at least Turner looks capable of helping him.   Great work by Brown for the 4th.  

On 16/07/2023 at 00:32, Moonball said:

How can a league 2 side put out something that makes our media output look totally amateur? This is a very decent highlight package.

Thought Stranraer looked decent, just ran out of steam towards the end. The Stranraer commentators said Murray and Turner were levels too good for League Two and alongside Dhanda they looked like our brightest sparks.

Agree with the above, Ross Munro looks nowhere near top flight level.

Edited by Comrie

Just now, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

I know that it's only highlights but I was shocked by how bad Purrington was, passing out, marking, just general defending was looked VERY poor.

Worrying with celtic away only a couple of weeks away!

Possibly still trying to get to grips with that lcb position 

3 hours ago, Comrie said:

How can a league 2 side put out something that makes our media output look totally amatuer? This is a very decent highlight package.

Thought Stranraer looked decent, just ran out of steam towards the end. The Stranraer commentators said Murray and Turner were levels too good for League Two and alongside Dhanda they looked like our brightest sparks.

A great highlights package, enjoyed the commentary as well. 

7 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

The only one who "invaded" this thread was me, and a lot of that was down to MacGregor bleating in the press about other clubs overspending then deciding to chuck 6 figure fees about. 

St Johnstone fans have had a massive issue with County for longer than the last couple of weeks. It's really quite unusual, but kind of flattering in a way.

Anyway, professional job done, was a no win situation but best possible start (on paper) to the group.

1 hour ago, Steve Carrella said:

I know it was a win and it's a good start but looking at the highlights the defensive setup gives me the heebeegeebees. I just can't believe we are planning on taking that into the SPL. Surely not?

I believe the club are hoping to bring a centre half this week. 

22 hours ago, Comrie said:

Yip, unfortunately that seems to be the case.  Laidlaw is no Buffon, but he has been very consistent over the past few years, and I'm struggling to recall any real howlers from him.