The General Ross County Chat Thread

14 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yip, because multiple broken manifesto pledges should be congratulated. 

Can you link me to the multiple broken reserved WM manifesto pledges that directly affect Courier readers that they obsess over? Drugs, Energy bills etc.

15 hours ago, Steve Carrella said:

If he gives you the fear let me introduce you to the rest of the loons. ..Three Stooges Vintage GIF

Moe would be more aggressive in the air than most of our defence.

9 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Can you link me to the multiple broken reserved WM manifesto pledges that directly affect Courier readers that they obsess over? Drugs, Energy bills etc.

Whatabouterry par excellence 👌

Dont say your going to dual a road by 2025 if you have no intention of doing so. 

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Dont say your going to dual a road by 2025 if you have no intention of doing so. 

My point is proven. Cheers.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

My point is proven. Cheers.

Not really. You seem to think that as I have criticised the SNP for breaking a manifesto pledge that I’m some sort of WM/Tory apologist. It’s a common Nationalist trait, anyone who ain’t SNP is a Tory right?

I could show you hundreds of broken Tory promises but I personally can’t be arsed. 

The fact that was made earlier that the Highlands do not have twin railway tracks from Inverness to Perth is a result of years of Tory under investment in the railways and ironically would alleviate a lot of the heat off the A9 dialling fiasco. That being said I do not think the SNP understand the importance of transport links in the Highlands, whether that be roads, rails or ferries.

9 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Not really. You seem to think that as I have criticised the SNP for breaking a manifesto pledge that I’m some sort of WM/Tory apologist. It’s a common Nationalist trait, anyone who ain’t SNP is a Tory right?

I could show you hundreds of broken Tory promises but I personally can’t be arsed. 

The fact that was made earlier that the Highlands do not have twin railway tracks from Inverness to Perth is a result of years of Tory under investment in the railways and ironically would alleviate a lot of the heat off the A9 dialling fiasco. That being said I do not think the SNP understand the importance of transport links in the Highlands, whether that be roads, rails or ferries.

I didn’t ask you to show me 100s of broken WM policies, I asked you to show me broken WM policies the Courier obsess over like they do SNP ones. Which you can’t, because they don’t. 

I couldn’t give a fuck what your political stance is. The topic of conversation was the Courier’s stance.

16 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

You don't think that a massive global pandemic might have had an impact - first in terms of not actually being able to undertake any work and then the financial impacts of said pandemic.  I do think that the initial target was optimistic and perhaps not really believable even then but the environment is really difficult I think as well.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I didn’t ask you to show me 100s of broken WM policies, I asked you to show me broken WM policies the Courier obsess over like they do SNP ones. Which you can’t, because they don’t. 

I couldn’t give a f**k what your political stance is. The topic of conversation was the Courier’s stance.

So just to be clear, you are asking me to trawl through the Couriers coverage to find examples of journalism critical of WM/Tory policies to prove a point on a football forum?

It’s the last day of my holidays, and my son has asked to go mountain biking so I think I’ll do that instead, but thanks for asking.

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

So just to be clear, you are asking me to trawl through the Couriers coverage to find examples of journalism critical of WM/Tory policies to prove a point on a football forum?

It’s the last day of my holidays, and my son has asked to go mountain biking so I think I’ll do that instead, but thanks for asking.

A simple 'Yep, hands up, I'm taking shite' would've sufficed.  

Enjoy the remainder of your holidays.

Hi, looking for a suggestion for a place to get a pint before the game against St Johnstone? Got that weekend to myself so thought I’d jump the train from Inverness and take in a game at Dingwall for the first time. 

48 minutes ago, jengers said:

Hi, looking for a suggestion for a place to get a pint before the game against St Johnstone? Got that weekend to myself so thought I’d jump the train from Inverness and take in a game at Dingwall for the first time. 

The Mallard is the general “go-to” for away fans when coming to Dingwall. It’s just off the train platform and is very close to the stadium (in fairness, everything in Dingwall is close to the Stadium). It will be busy, though. The National (which I think is now renamed The Stag but that could be wrong) used to be a very decent post-match pub. I’ve not been in since the rebranding, but I’ve heard decent things. There is also the Staggies Bar which is situated inside the stadium. It’s quite convenient but I found it fairly expensive for a drop in there last time I was in. 

The rest of the pubs in Dingwall aren’t worth your salt. 

31 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

The Mallard is the general “go-to” for away fans when coming to Dingwall. It’s just off the train platform and is very close to the stadium (in fairness, everything in Dingwall is close to the Stadium). It will be busy, though. The National (which I think is now renamed The Stag but that could be wrong) used to be a very decent post-match pub. I’ve not been in since the rebranding, but I’ve heard decent things. There is also the Staggies Bar which is situated inside the stadium. It’s quite convenient but I found it fairly expensive for a drop in there last time I was in. 

Cheers! I’ll definitely drop in at the Staggies Bar at some point then and give one of the others a go as well.

1 hour ago, jengers said:

If those are busy the best of the rest option is the Caledonian, on the high street. It's no great, but it's no awful.

43 minutes ago, Comrie said:

If those are busy the best of the rest option is the Caledonian, on the high street. It's no great, but it's no awful.

The Caledonian is alright, was in there the last time I was up.  They did accidentally charge me £71 for 2 pints though.

The National is pretty good too.

3 hours ago, jengers said:

Wee heads up. When you find a pub for a pint don't mention the Inverness Courier. Just don't 👍

15 hours ago, central staggie said:

The Caledonian is alright, was in there the last time I was up.  They did accidentally charge me £71 for 2 pints though.

The National is pretty good too.

Ah, they thought they'd been transported to London, understandable

19 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:. There is also the Staggies Bar which is situated inside the stadium. It’s quite convenient but I found it fairly expensive for a drop in there last time I was in. 

If you think Staggies is better than the Caley and have tried both, I’d give up drinking.

Last time I was in Staggies they ran out of whisky! The Caley serves the best Guinness in Dingwall, has a good range of malts, just a standard pub, but none the worst for that.