The General Ross County Chat Thread

17 minutes ago, UAE1929 said:

He strikes me as the type of bloke who would use LinkedIn to tell the world he doesn't see his family because he is so committed to his job (whatever it might be). 

Steady on now, no need to compare him to the LinkedIn wankers

He  dined out far too long  on the good form of RCC and Hungbo for 6 months and a complete collapse by Partick last season. Other than that we have been awful and we are very lucky not to be playing down in the Championship. 

I know the Scottish Football media mafia will criticise us for the sacking, but those fuckers don't have to sit and watch the nonsense play out in front of them every week. 9 games without a win puts any manager in danger of the sacking.

He should never have been appointed in the first place.

When he was appointed there should have been some meaningful attempt to address his reputation. There wasn't.

He showed himself up over the Tam Courts SRtRC incident.

The top six finish was a fluke and we've been turgid ever since.

All things considered, I'm delighted he's gone, and doubly so that he was sacked rather than leaving on his own terms.

I don't really care at this point who we appoint now, as others have said.

It's not an instant fix though. A lot of bridges have been burned, it'll take time for the club to rebuild them (if they want to).

I have been saying this ad nauseam for the past while, but Mackay didn’t know his best XI and didn’t know his favoured formation. That shouldn’t be the case for a manager who has been in the post for as long as he has.

I wish him well, I hope his redemption continues but it was absolutely time for a change.

Cowie will lead us in the short term I’m sure of it, but knowing him as a I do, I do not consider him a leader amongst men. 

58 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I have been saying this ad nauseam for the past while, but Mackay didn’t know his best XI and didn’t know his favoured formation. That shouldn’t be the case for a manager who has been in the post for as long as he has.

I wish him well, I hope his redemption continues but it was absolutely time for a change.

Cowie will lead us in the short term I’m sure of it, but knowing him as a I do, I do not consider him a leader amongst men. 

I would be happy with Cowie remaining on the coaching staff, however I do not believe that he is the answer to our problems. saying that I’ve got no suggestions meantime on who would be available and a suitable candidate. 

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

There's a surprise, MacGregor talking out of his arse. But hey, "Malky is a gentleman"!

12 hours ago, forkboy said:

There's a surprise, MacGregor talking out of his arse. But hey, "Malky is a gentleman"!

If by soul searching he means taking responsibility for splitting the fanbase and turning some supporters against the club, then maybe he'll take a wider perspective when chosing the next manager.

Won't hold my breath. 

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

If by soul searching he means taking responsibility for splitting the fanbase and turning some supporters against the club, then maybe he'll take a wider perspective when chosing the next manager.

Won't hold my breath. 

Right.  And now we’re left writh whomever didn’t get the art Johnstone or ICT jobs.  Still. Anyone is a step up and it should - should - unite the fans. 

2 hours ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Mmmm! More 5 at the back hoofball! Yes please!

I'll file that as a maybe.

54 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

As an antidote to the last 12 months, I'd prefer to see a team that plays with a bit of ambition middle-to-front. Malky's team stopped doing that over a year ago and Davidson's team never started.

Hear hear!  Kris Doolan?

3 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

How would we feel about Callum Davidson?

Really not sure about him. His track record with his signings would concern me. In saying that, I think we have a fairly decent squad for whoever comes in, most of whom I don’t think Mackay was able to get to perform to their full abilities.

Edited by Staggie_93

I don't care if we only have him until the end of the season, whoever is the next manager needs to set the team up in a way to play through Yan Dhanda. Punting the ball from the back obviously fails to utilise him.

On 22/01/2023 at 22:25, Loki said:

If this was any previous manager Roy would fire him at full time on Saturday, and scramble for players on the Monday to turn this around.  With either Chipper appointed as interim manager or he will fire up the Derek Adams klaxon.  I fear he may be too invested in this appointment so the window will close without him being fired.

Called it.

I went on the BBC site to see if there were any rumours on the new boss only to see Adams and having to swear out loud. Well, I hope his time down south has taught him better man management skills than punching his players...

Starting to get the impression that MacGregor isn't a very good judge of character...Oh well, it's his toy, he can do what he wants with it I suppose.

Edited by forkboy